Tell us about your last match!

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
OJ9

Seems like a nice idea :)

For the school side;

HOME vs Saffron Walden CH School.

Final Score: 0-2.

I played; Supporting striker

We retained alot of possession in this game. Because of the absence of our coach, our captain picked the team and tactics. Instead of the usual, ineffective 4-3-3 formation, we went with 442. In the absence of a centre back and a forward, we had two inexperienced players in the middle of the park (one CM went upfront and one into the backline). We played better in this formation, as I compensated for the lack of energy and drive in the centre of midfield by dropping in and acting as an attacking midfielder instead of forward. Their keeper had a good game, keeping out good strikes from myself and the other forward. Their centre back plays for Histon, so whenever I played a ball through, his pace got there first. We didn't deserve to lose, their two goals were crackers from 25 + yards. Maybe would have been saved by our usual no. 1, who plays for Stevenage Borough and is recovering from knee ligament damage.

Overall, I rate my performance as a 7. Played a fair few good through balls for the wide men/forward, but didn't have enough shots as I should've done as a striker.

Next game: Club game vs. ???

So yeah, tell us about your last game :)

tevezaholic
Veteran Member

i'll keep it short, it was for my club team against an touring english team,we started off playing good,passing well etc,i was first playing midfield but then was moved to my preferred position left back,i played really good,the opposition could not get a cross in,but that was in the first half,in the second half,i started off playing bad,which took down my confidence and self esteem and i ended up playing fairly bad and was subbed,overall i rate my performance 7.5 out of ten(think i kept it short enough) :D
Oh crap,missed me bus!!

Ballack13
Veteran Member

tevezaholic wrote:i'll keep it short, it was for my club team against an touring english team,we started off playing good,passing well etc,i was first playing midfield but then was moved to my preferred position left back,i played really good,the opposition could not get a cross in,but that was in the first half,in the second half,i started off playing bad,which took down my confidence and self esteem and i ended up playing fairly bad and was subbed,overall i rate my performance 7.5 out of ten(think i kept it short enough) :D
How did your team do though? what was the score?

tevezaholic
Veteran Member

2-1,we won
Oh crap,missed me bus!!

Had2bHarry
Veteran Member

The last game I played was in September last year. It was the BH A grade Womens grandfinal. I dont remember too much, and I dont remember doing anything spectacular, Im pretty sure I played bad. Anyway, we were up 2-0, then they bounced back so it was 2-2. Then the match went into extra time, and then penalties. We won the penalty shootout and the tournament.
Sig by me

powell
English Meister

Played this morning .....

Club football. We won 3-1

I played pretty well. Started at centre-back, had nothing to do really the striekrs rarely challenged us. Made a few good interceptions but not the hardest work out.

Then played right-winger with the last 15 minutes. Ours went off injuried. Set up one goal from a cross. Had a couple of decent runs. Free-kick than went just over and that was about it.

Our first goal was a thru to one of our strikers. The second was from a free-kick whipped in and the thrid i provided a low cross and a easy tap in from the striker again.

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Was ages ago on march the 1st i think :P

Played at right back, we lost 4-1, i got taken off after 70 minutes, i was actually hungover too from the night before lol. I played better as the game went on really, but as a team we really just lacked the ability to retain possesion, we werent very creative at all, they had a few creative players and we conceded some ridiculous goals from corners, all of which were free headers, for 3 of the goals, the other goal unfortunately was my error, i think i was dispossed after a dodgy back pass by 3 guys who were tackling me at once and they went on to score. Not a good team performance and certainly not a great individual performance, i tend to play far better in the centre of defence anyway.
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

powell
English Meister

had another game this afternoon. This tiem college. We drew 1-1 lucky. For long periods of the match we were underpressure.The team didnt have the same rhythum we usually did. We had no got link up plays or anything. I didnt play very well to be honest. I did make some good runs, couple of good tackles but with about 20 minutes to go i lost it and go sent off.....

There striker turned me and started accelerating. I was shoulder to shoulder with him and then bang took the ball from under his feet and he went flying over me. After the second defender go it clear everyone ran up and as i was recovering the striker ran past me bump my in the shoulder said 'prick'. So anyway as i tackled him again later on this time he squared up to me pushed me away and did a diouf at me (spat). So i turned grabbed him by the neck of his shirt and threw him to the floor. Cutting it short we both got sent off so not a very good day for me.

tevezaholic
Veteran Member

what did ur coach have to say about u getting sent off
Oh crap,missed me bus!!

powell
English Meister

Well as i was walking he just didnt say anything and i walked on past into the changing rooms. Then inside afterwards, he said i was stupid and could have cost us the game and all that blah blah, but at the time i was too pist off to listen to what he had to say and besides i knew what i did wrong but that other guy must have got hammer by his coach.

The striker must have been atleast 19 or 20 ... child abuse! haha

tevezaholic
Veteran Member

:lol:(child abuse) ,i wouldnt be able to play another match till next season if it was my coach(well probably not that long but u get what im saying)
Oh crap,missed me bus!!

powell
English Meister

yeh i no. As far as i no im only suspended for one match at the moment but ill have to see when i train on tuesday.

tevezaholic
Veteran Member

ok
Oh crap,missed me bus!!

2brown347
Veteran Member

powell wrote: he squared up to me pushed me away and did a diouf at me (spat). So i turned grabbed him by the neck of his shirt and threw him to the floor. Cutting it short we both got sent off so not a very good day for me.
You shoulda double foot drop kicked him in the chest 8) , thats what a man would do at least :P

powell
English Meister

sorry, ill think of that next time someone spits at me haha. Well hey i though what i did was pretty manly. Well so i though lol, but hey im just a kid he was a man kinda intimadated a bit.