Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
BosnianNedim

I want to play Pro because i want to make my parents and my country proud

Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

What about making yourself proud of your accomplishments? :wink:

mufc21
Veteran Member

my reasons. To make my dad proud since he loved football. To play with my fave footballers and play on my fave team. To be able to have a job where i am doing all i ever want to. To get the chance to prove the people wrong who said i was nothing and couldnt play and to also get the chance to be cheered on by millions of people chanting your name. This is my life and this is all i want to do, i swear my life isnt complete until i make it and i pray that i do.

mufc21
Veteran Member

expert wrote:
frizzyan wrote:99.9% is very harsh. You never know with the site's help...
It's not harsh at all. Almost no one here has the determination to train every day, to work on fitness, to play consistently without making mistakes, to go tryouts, to practice and travel to competitions far away from home, to deal with injuries regularly... skills are not the determining factor for success.
jcdenton wrote:you can't make it unless you push your career...
Yes, that's very true. Success is a combination of preparation and opportunity. Get in a team that has good exposure and do your homework so that you stand out.
jcdenton wrote:and talking about life standard...
find me a country where you can buy the newest pc game before it was released for 1 pound... i can tell you that i watched high quality "war of the worlds" movie few months ago... LOTR 3 came here when you were still waiting for LOTR 2 (lord of the rings)...
serbia is starting to be utopia for living, unless you want to have success in football ....
The reason why big corporations don't bother to crack down on the bootlegs in your country is because they have no interest in the Serbian market. The average Serbian can't afford to pay $50 for a licensed PC game. :)

yeah with that said i may go pro. You said that not everybody has the determination to train everyday, i do thank god. I play at least an hour everyday and i usually play 2. Now that its holidays im gonna start playing 4. That was something nice to hear expert. Thanks

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Just because i want to be good at football, a game i love and just, itd just be really cool to be a good football player. Not becos of the money really, im not too bothered about that. I just want to be respected like how i respect professional football players.

Vines7

For Me

it's

Cause i love to Play football and Being paid for it ? what a bonus!

2. Hmm.. The Money For my Family.

3. To Meet And Play Against some of the best players in the world

4. to be the MVP of a great Team

5. to lead my country in the world cup one day

6. Umm dunno thats about it
"My Friends Together we can Make the Game Beautiful Again.. "

Joga Bonito.

Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

For me, its not only about my love and passion for the game, but its about proving to myself my abilities and what I can do.

BosnianNedim

Soccer4Life wrote:What about making yourself proud of your accomplishments? :wink:
I am already proud of how much i've accomplished, and if it doesn't take me anywhere...i'll have it to look back on for the rest of my life. Other then that the only things that matter to me in my life are my family,futbol,and my country

-Nedim :D

gunnerz23
Veteran Member

My 10 reasons for going pro:

1. To do the thing i love for a living
2. For the experience
3. For the opertunity to represent Australia
4. To play for my fav club. (Arsenal)
5. To make my family and friends proud
6. For the satisfaction of knowing that my hard work paid off
7. To achieve great things in football
8. To have the honour of meeting and playing with the worlds best.
9. To play in the world cup
10. To be a role model for younger and other players

everything else like money, fame etc. is just a bonus :D
forum for all arsenal fans:http://www.talkarsenal.com

"Theres nothing Im scared of in football."- Thierry Henry

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

1) doing what I love: People today are all so miserable with their work, which overall leads to a depressive streak within themselves. I think a lot about what I want to do for a career, and I decided that I need to stay in the game to truly be satisfied with my career for the long run, and since soccer is pretty much my entire life right now, I decided why not go for the gold. Even if I don't make it, I will probably pursue a career in sports medicine or sports agency.

2) The money: let me be perfectly honest, the money that comes from being a big player is pretty important to me for two reasons. The first is obviously that I want to be able to live in luxury and provide for my family with absolutely no worries. Second off, there is so much I want to do for the world that having a lot of money would make me able to have more of an impact. I would love to pour money into the extremely poor part of my town, buy the children soccer balls for the holidays, and construct a free soccer school with canchas (street soccer cages, I don't really know the proper termanology in english) to get the kids off of the street.

3) to ignite US soccer: The USMNT is so one-dimensional in everything it does, and there is almost no creativity in their forwards. There has never really been an in the hole technical striker like myself, and flair is something that attracts the urban youth (look at And-1 mix tapes, that brought so much attention to street balling). A creative spark on the field is what is going to drive the people to accepting the sport, not a fluke showing in a single world cup with ugly yet effective play. And when the urban masses start playing street footie and really becoming technical, that is when the US can start to think about becoming a competitive team. Any good team today (Argentina, Brazil, France, etc) is made up of stars who were brought up primarily playing street footie, so therefore it is my thinking that this is necessary for building an actual great team.

4) to play for Arsenal: Sorry to sound arrogant, but I will never play for a rival of the Gunners, I am just too much in love with the club. It would be an absolute dream to walk down that Ashburton Grove tunnel onto that carpet of a pitch, I get chills just thinking about it.

5) To have a job in which my fitness is manditory, therefore meaning that I will be healthy for the rest of my life due to the habits that a good pro should have with their body.

6) The family atmosphere of a pro club: these places really are like family, and to be in such a close knit group for years just sounds fantastic.
God damn brewery!!!

AmericanFutballer
Veteran Member

I play soccer for me, it's just that moment when you're running down the sideline at full speed heading for the goal, that's what i live for. My mom was a good soccer player but now, she's not into it anymore. So, i'm by myself and every moment i dream and live for that moment in a game where everything lies on the balance...and i shoot...and SCORE!!!!

That's why i wanna go pro, plus it would be cool for my family :D
Shut Up, I am Here...
- Goals
"The ability to succeed requires the realization of what one wants and the passionate desire to attain it."

Mulatto_Magic

99.9 that is harsh i know i aint no bum that goes on this site every day i train to become the best and i got the attitude and determination that i am goin to play pro for a good/top level club when i get a bit older 8)
~`Legend In The Making`~

Germinho
New User

I want to play pro football because i love football. To get paid for playing a kids game that i love? Thats the greatest thing i can think of. Playing 24/7 for years and years. Thats why i want to play pro.

Saibomb
Veteran Member

love of the game, get good amount of money so I won't have to worry about financial situation. But mostly it's just fun. I want to have fun in life and football is the funnest thing I could do.

Saibomb
Veteran Member

mufc21 wrote:
expert wrote:
frizzyan wrote:99.9% is very harsh. You never know with the site's help...
It's not harsh at all. Almost no one here has the determination to train every day, to work on fitness, to play consistently without making mistakes, to go tryouts, to practice and travel to competitions far away from home, to deal with injuries regularly... skills are not the determining factor for success.
jcdenton wrote:you can't make it unless you push your career...
Yes, that's very true. Success is a combination of preparation and opportunity. Get in a team that has good exposure and do your homework so that you stand out.
jcdenton wrote:and talking about life standard...
find me a country where you can buy the newest pc game before it was released for 1 pound... i can tell you that i watched high quality "war of the worlds" movie few months ago... LOTR 3 came here when you were still waiting for LOTR 2 (lord of the rings)...
serbia is starting to be utopia for living, unless you want to have success in football ....
The reason why big corporations don't bother to crack down on the bootlegs in your country is because they have no interest in the Serbian market. The average Serbian can't afford to pay $50 for a licensed PC game. :)

yeah with that said i may go pro. You said that not everybody has the determination to train everyday, i do thank god. I play at least an hour everyday and i usually play 2. Now that its holidays im gonna start playing 4. That was something nice to hear expert. Thanks
You know the thing is, when they say 99.9% of people don't make it they include everybody who is playing. If they did a calculation on how many people become pro from a group of people who train everyday the percent of people who do become pro will be much higher. Also I train everyday so hopefully I become a pro someday too.