Why becoming pro soccer player?

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
*yung-ital*
Pending Mod
Posts: 1308
Joined: 21 Apr 2005, 03:52
Location: Canada

Post

99.9 of us on this site wont even make it. no matter how good u are. its all aobut being in the right place at the right time. unless you go on some stupid american tv show and use u for publicity and get in the easy way

J
Admin
Posts: 1696
Joined: 10 Feb 2005, 20:41
Location: Massachusetts, USA

Post

I dont think its all about being at the right place at the right time. I think its more about putting yourself out there for people to see you and if you are that good, then you will probably get scouted.

jcdenton
Veteran Member
Posts: 925
Joined: 18 Apr 2005, 18:45
Location: Belgrade, Serbia

Post

you're right *yung-ital*!
it is just about luck....
BUT, if you have certain connections you can maybe try....
to be honest, scouts didn't find adriano....
stories about brazilians that lived in poor hoods and one day scouts came and watched them are far frome reality, in most cases.....
adriano came to one training and he proved he's good...
that's what i hope for... one training try-out in few clubs...

dooglas
Veteran Member
Posts: 453
Joined: 30 Mar 2005, 18:59
Location: Wichita, KS

Post

its not luck...its hard to get scouted..but inreality you have to have more than just great skill...you have to have initiative...which means you go out there and find try outs, call scouts and do it all.
Wow, he just megged three people, maradonas around the last defender, and missed the shot, then not five minutes later a guy on the other team shoots when he gets the ball and scores...

who would you rather be?

frizzyan
Veteran Member
Posts: 612
Joined: 31 Oct 2004, 04:09

Post

99.9% is very harsh. You never know with the site's help...


Besides, it's easier to get scouted in a country where the football standards are lower than it is in another where football is life.

But then obviously when you get scouted by a club that is far less ranked, then it's all about improving on your own since your competition level (even if it's pro) is not high enough.

Unless you're like Kitchee, a team in Hong Kong, that manages to play big teams like Real Madrid, Juve, Newcastle(well not big anymore lol) and AC Milan. Especially since they beat Juve, AC and Newcastle.

jcdenton
Veteran Member
Posts: 925
Joined: 18 Apr 2005, 18:45
Location: Belgrade, Serbia

Post

but when you're in serbia...
i bet we have more leagues than any other country in the world...
senior leagues go like this:
1.1st national
2.2nd national
3.SERBIAN league: -east
-west
-south
-north
-belgrade
4.Regional leagues (at least 7-8 of them)
5.County league
too much....
many people play footbal here....
every day few hundred people (and kids) practice on 2 football fields (my team and fc dorcol team)....sometimes we practice together with our worst rivals...
it is very hard to get noticed here unless you have some connections...
kezman's father for example was goalkeeper coach...
in pro teams there are guys much worse than me, but the difference is they have VERY rich parents, that are likely club sponsors...

Magicfeet
Moderator
Posts: 1212
Joined: 15 Apr 2005, 10:03
Location: England

Post

Errr... I very much doubt Serbia has more leagues than any other country. I mean, your counting County leagues for Pele's sake!! Maradona knows how many leagues there are in England if your going down to that level! :!:

Mind you, I couldn't say either way... that's just my supposition. You could be right. The standard is lower than many European countries though, so even if there are many, many leagues, it would still be easier to get scouted.

Luck will always come into the matter, but if you truly ARE good enough, you probably will make it.

frizzyan
Veteran Member
Posts: 612
Joined: 31 Oct 2004, 04:09

Post

Magicfeet wrote:Errr... I very much doubt Serbia has more leagues than any other country. I mean, your counting County leagues for Pele's sake!! Maradona knows how many leagues there are in England if your going down to that level! :!:

Ahaha Pele's sake, Maradonna knows. You seem to have found substitutes for common phrases :D

jcdenton
Veteran Member
Posts: 925
Joined: 18 Apr 2005, 18:45
Location: Belgrade, Serbia

Post

i don't have a rich papa like you do magicfeet...

and talking about life standard...
find me a country where you can buy the newest pc game before it was released for 1 pound... i can tell you that i watched high quality "war of the worlds" movie few months ago... LOTR 3 came here when you were still waiting for LOTR 2 (lord of the rings)...
serbia is starting to be utopia for living, unless you want to have success in football :) ....
great nightlife, salaries are a little bit less than european average salaries, but prices are really small.... enjoy!

president of serbian football association officially anounced yesterday that there is true football mafia that is setting results here, but he also asked what can he do about it? it is impossible to stop it....

and really serbia has countless leagues, you have to read our newspapers on wednesday..... over 100 tables, including youth leagues...

and btw, i am maybe doing a try-out in CSKA moscow and Spartak moscow in 2 weeks.... :) you can't make it unless you push your career...

magicfeet, when did you start playing football?
did your father want you to practice football?
did he push you to play football?

i started when i was 11, and since then i didn't know what does corner mean, or what is an offside.... my father wanted me to continue playing basketball and he didn't like the fact that i want to play football, my basketball coach thrown me out of the club because i was always comming on practice in football shirts and i was kicking the ball all time...
and i was one of the best in that club youngsters, and now that club produced many stars, one of them is this seasons serbian league MVP, he had offers from NBA but he turned them down... so i am the only one responsible for my football career... and i don't believe there is a same example like me here....

Magicfeet
Moderator
Posts: 1212
Joined: 15 Apr 2005, 10:03
Location: England

Post

Of course I'm rich, everybody in England is rich. Just like everyone in Serbia is poor... idiot.
Nobody brought up standards of life (what relevance does the price of a film have to do with this?!?!), I'm talking about footballing standards. It's easier to get scouted in a country with a lower level of football, as you need to be less talented to be noticed.

And I started playing when I was 12... my dad didn't push me to play football as he isn't particularly interested in it.

But good luck in your trials. I expect you'll blow the coaches away when you catch the ball on your neck, flip it over a player, and score a 35 yard scissor kick. You can do that, right?

User avatar
expert
Site Admin
Posts: 2305
Joined: 13 Sep 2004, 16:40

Post

frizzyan wrote:99.9% is very harsh. You never know with the site's help...
It's not harsh at all. Almost no one here has the determination to train every day, to work on fitness, to play consistently without making mistakes, to go tryouts, to practice and travel to competitions far away from home, to deal with injuries regularly... skills are not the determining factor for success.
jcdenton wrote:you can't make it unless you push your career...
Yes, that's very true. Success is a combination of preparation and opportunity. Get in a team that has good exposure and do your homework so that you stand out.
jcdenton wrote:and talking about life standard...
find me a country where you can buy the newest pc game before it was released for 1 pound... i can tell you that i watched high quality "war of the worlds" movie few months ago... LOTR 3 came here when you were still waiting for LOTR 2 (lord of the rings)...
serbia is starting to be utopia for living, unless you want to have success in football ....
The reason why big corporations don't bother to crack down on the bootlegs in your country is because they have no interest in the Serbian market. The average Serbian can't afford to pay $50 for a licensed PC game. :)

HJK
Senior Member
Posts: 114
Joined: 21 Feb 2005, 01:38

Post

*yung-ital* wrote:99.9 of us on this site wont even make it. no matter how good u are. its all aobut being in the right place at the right time. unless you go on some stupid american tv show and use u for publicity and get in the easy way

I made the ODP state team and once evry year all the ODP state teams in the region get together for a camp, college coaches will be there to scout and the regional coaches choose the best to make a regional team, i'm not good enough yet to make the regional team but i've at least been scouted by some college coaches.

Also if u play on a club team in the US and if your team attendas tournaments then college coaches attend those tournaments to scout for player, the more prestigious the tournament is ( plus the quality of clubs) the better and the more numerous the college coaches will be

So in america, unless you have freddy adu , danny szetela, or eddie gaven talent then you have to play on a good club team and go play for college , then hope u get drafted by MLS

HJK
Senior Member
Posts: 114
Joined: 21 Feb 2005, 01:38

Post

expert wrote: It's not harsh at all. Almost no one here has the determination to train every day, to work on fitness, to play consistently without making mistakes, to go tryouts, to practice and travel to competitions far away from home, to deal with injuries regularly... skills are not the determining factor for success.
well said expert

J
Admin
Posts: 1696
Joined: 10 Feb 2005, 20:41
Location: Massachusetts, USA

Post

If there is a will, there is a way.

jcdenton
Veteran Member
Posts: 925
Joined: 18 Apr 2005, 18:45
Location: Belgrade, Serbia

Post

expert wrote:
frizzyan wrote:99.9% is very harsh. You never know with the site's help...
It's not harsh at all. Almost no one here has the determination to train every day, to work on fitness, to play consistently without making mistakes, to go tryouts, to practice and travel to competitions far away from home, to deal with injuries regularly... skills are not the determining factor for success.
jcdenton wrote:you can't make it unless you push your career...
Yes, that's very true. Success is a combination of preparation and opportunity. Get in a team that has good exposure and do your homework so that you stand out.
jcdenton wrote:and talking about life standard...
find me a country where you can buy the newest pc game before it was released for 1 pound... i can tell you that i watched high quality "war of the worlds" movie few months ago... LOTR 3 came here when you were still waiting for LOTR 2 (lord of the rings)...
serbia is starting to be utopia for living, unless you want to have success in football ....
The reason why big corporations don't bother to crack down on the bootlegs in your country is because they have no interest in the Serbian market. The average Serbian can't afford to pay $50 for a licensed PC game. :)
OK, i know that you have a picture that serbia is like iraq, but it's not true, here people CAN afford licensed PC games, but the question is WHY? when they can buy 20-30 copies for that ammount, just think about it... do you know that US missile guidance system software was made by some serb, and he grown up using "unofficial" software.... big countries need talented genius children from serbia, russia and all eastern block countries, because they do better job for less money, and that's why they don't have so many interest in black market here...

and talking about training, i practice every day, i run in the morning, then do some fitness, and after that i go out and play street football, or some football games, like foot-volleyball, with friends... but i have only one thing that is a problem for my practice, now everyday is like saturday, just parties and drinking in the evening... :twisted:

and magicfeet, it isn't easy to be spotted here, because there are so many people here playing football....
and in which league is your club currently? or you aren't playing football, but you like some fag sports cricket...

Post Reply