Why becoming pro soccer player?

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
CR17Ronaldo

Why becoming pro soccer player?

Post by CR17Ronaldo » 15 Jun 2005, 15:45

why do u guys want to become pro ?there's plenty of reasons...

1-the money$$$$$
2-Meet other soccer players
3-Traveling around the world
4-being on a team
5-to be known
6- SPIRIT OF THE GAME!! thats my choice
Never give up keep training and reach to your goals Its all depends on YOU!

Ronaldinho10

Post by Ronaldinho10 » 15 Jun 2005, 15:49

Because I love football and playing football makes me happy and I feel I have been put on this planet to play football. Got to go I'm off to play football :D :D :D
Without doubt.
Credit AC _Milan>* for the sig.

jdefoe
Forum groupie

Post by jdefoe » 15 Jun 2005, 16:14

lots of football chicks :lol:

Rosario

Post by Rosario » 15 Jun 2005, 17:29

''for the love of the game''

pascalfrik

Post by pascalfrik » 16 Jun 2005, 02:01

Because i love playing soccer, i'm happy when i play soccer and there's no other sport beter than soccer. And for me training or practising soccer is no oblegation.

dooglas
Veteran Member

Post by dooglas » 16 Jun 2005, 18:47

there has to be another reason though right people, you dont need to go pro to play soccer, so why are u really wanting to take it pro?

for me its recognition and playing with the best, and beating them :twisted:
Wow, he just megged three people, maradonas around the last defender, and missed the shot, then not five minutes later a guy on the other team shoots when he gets the ball and scores...

who would you rather be?

jcdenton
Veteran Member

Post by jcdenton » 16 Jun 2005, 19:07

football is great fun.....
pro football is great fun at the top level.... 8)
i just want to play on that quality grass, use quality equipment, live quality life....
i would even play for free under these conditions...
let's say i am hedonist..... MAXIMUM ENJOY IN EVERYTHING!!!!

goldboots7

Post by goldboots7 » 16 Jun 2005, 22:01

Love of the game
Travlling around the world and playing in wonderfull stadiums and having fun with a bunch of pro players
Stats: 19Goals 1YC 1RC 23GP

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 17 Jun 2005, 01:03

the love of the game. to play in those stadiums with those people watching. and when you score a goal, for those few seconds, everyone in that stadium is thinking about you, and you are the most important person in that stadium. That is why i play.

sOcCeRKiD11

Post by sOcCeRKiD11 » 17 Jun 2005, 02:40

like jdefoe so its easier to get chicks

i want to play soccer for money so i dont gotta work cuz its playing for money(thats how i think of it)

i want ppl to look up to me

make family proud

have a chance to lead the country to the world

have a chance to hold the world cup troghy

meet other great players

travel to other countries

be on tv

and i think thats about it on y i wanna b a pro.

Rosario

Post by Rosario » 17 Jun 2005, 15:59

i want to play in front of a huge crowd.i've played in front of a few hundred fans but thats nothing compared to playing in a stadium full of thousands of people who love you.
money is secondary.i want to be remembered.not as a money grabber who transfers a lot but as a legend at 1 or 2 clubs.
i love playing so imagine getting up every day to a job you love and would gladly do without the money.

jcdenton
Veteran Member

Post by jcdenton » 18 Jun 2005, 18:07

i don't need money from football, for me it is just a hobby...very interesting one...
now i earn money by making artificial intelligence or simulation computer programs for schools.... 50 euros per one...sweet :)
once in 2 months, enough....
i think that footballers should be less payed, and that they have to do some ordinary job except football, because one day you can tell your grandchildren that you made something instead of just walking on the grass and smiling to newsagents....
this is just my opinion :)

frizzyan
Veteran Member

Post by frizzyan » 18 Jun 2005, 18:27

i think that footballers should be less payed, and that they have to do some ordinary job except football, because one day you can tell your grandchildren that you made something instead of just walking on the grass and smiling to newsagents....
Sorry but I disagree with you here. I do agree though that some players are overpaid, but I think how the system should work is that footballers should be paid according to their on-the-pitch performance. Even though players like Frank Lampard get paid 100k pounds per week, but he's extremely consistent so he deserves that sort of money. Some players are just there to make money so I think they are showing the wrong attitude.

A good pro player should play because they LOVE the sport, and perhaps some of them even have a point to prove, maybe?

How paying a player based on performance works I don't know, because who is the one to judge how well a player plays? A panel? they may be biased... A football-fans association comprised of hundreds of thousands of different fans from all across the globe? well they could be biased too.

Also, telling your grandchildren that you played football is a proud thing for some. For example, people like Pele (alright he doesnt have grandchildren but let's say he did), wouldn't his grandchildren be extremely proud of his achievements? It's not everyday that you can represent your country, score a ton of goals and be a role model for youth players all over the world. Isn't that a proud thing. Sure players might just walk on grass, but then they may also do other things that make people proud.. Scoring, fair play etc etc all these things make people proud.

Adizeta
Sophomore Member

Post by Adizeta » 20 Jun 2005, 17:21

i would play pro ball fopr the love of the game to show others that futbol is something beaytiful and can inspir people to do other things in life

Maradona
Veteran Member

Post by Maradona » 20 Jun 2005, 19:54

These are the reasons:

1-Easier to get chicks (hot chicks)

2-Recognition

3-Cash

4-Meeting people around the planet

5-Living in other countries (traveling)

6-Playing in big clubs and meeting famous players

7-Winning tournaments and adding trophies in my cabinet

In fact, I don't want to be a pro player but a successful player.
The rules of soccer are very simple, basically it is this: if it moves, kick it. If it doesn’t move, kick it until it does.