prepared for trying out for schools were pros are born

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
panchester07
Veteran Member

prepared for trying out for schools were pros are born

Post by panchester07 » 05 Dec 2007, 21:11

HIII 17 year old from panama, ive been playing for longest time i must say im pretty good. But in panama i cant go pro its to hard here. So i wanted to visit a school like IMG Bolletieri and see if they can give me a scholarship or someting. Are there other schools like these that you board in and that are exelent in soccer? I also wanted know what i should have more strength in :) ? What skills and techniques .. tahnks

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

Post by Kakasgotskillz » 05 Dec 2007, 22:17

Well, that would depend what you specialize in. But generally, they would probably want to see you really "wanting" to play, playing hard, working hard, having fun, etc. etc. They want you to be committed, but at the same time enjoying what you're doing. And there are MANY places where it's hard to go pro these days.

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Re: prepared for trying out for schools were pros are born

Post by iwannagopro » 05 Dec 2007, 23:07

panchester07 wrote:HIII 17 year old from panama, ive been playing for longest time i must say im pretty good. But in panama i cant go pro its to hard here. So i wanted to visit a school like IMG Bolletieri and see if they can give me a scholarship or someting. Are there other schools like these that you board in and that are exelent in soccer? I also wanted know what i should have more strength in :) ? What skills and techniques .. tahnks
First off, welcome to the forums.

Second off, wrong section, don't worry though, I will just move this topic to the "Career" subforum.

Third off, you need to make sure that you have plenty of recommendations from coaches, in written form, and preferably some video footage of your playing ability that you can send a club. Getting a full ride scholarship from an abroad country is extremely hard to do, and you must be very talented.

Other then that, good luck!

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 06 Dec 2007, 01:35

thanks man bless you guys are nice

dareliss
Veteran Member

Re: prepared for trying out for schools were pros are born

Post by dareliss » 06 Dec 2007, 07:02

panchester07 wrote:HIII 17 year old from panama, ive been playing for longest time i must say im pretty good. But in panama i cant go pro its to hard here. So i wanted to visit a school like IMG Bolletieri and see if they can give me a scholarship or someting. Are there other schools like these that you board in and that are exelent in soccer? I also wanted know what i should have more strength in :) ? What skills and techniques .. tahnks
IMG doesn't give scholarships, you have to be invited to play for them or pay 60K, cause it
is the most presitgious academies in USA, and U-17 residency program is based were, and a lot of pro teams train were too, and to get in too it, you gotta pay and train with team what sucks, or gotta be invited so you get on good team, and get too play, but it's not what good, the thing is they doesn't accept players most of the time, you have too be like freddy adu, or pay ;) and it's like what because Maria Sharapova came from what academie too, so whats why it's so expensive, and Prestigious, and tomorow on fox soccer channel u-17 national team will play against u-17 russian national team, live at 3 o'clock eastern time.
Impossible Is Nothing. Impossible is the last shot. Impossible is the last game.

Sig by me... :)

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 14 Dec 2007, 05:58

yeah i know all this, its really hard but im prepared, last year a few friends got scholarships, now there living there.. is tehre any other school like this style in america???? or in spain? what are the chances of getting in i believe i can do anything folks, anything i have the guidethrough life

dareliss
Veteran Member

Post by dareliss » 15 Dec 2007, 14:50

panchester07 wrote:yeah i know all this, its really hard but im prepared, last year a few friends got scholarships, now there living there.. is tehre any other school like this style in america???? or in spain? what are the chances of getting in i believe i can do anything folks, anything i have the guidethrough life
well you just talking BS, they doesn't give scholarship, and they doesn't give try-outs. the only way get into IMG you have to get spotted, look at how many players from all other the world play were, because they were invited, not like I wanna play for IMG I'm damn good give me try-out and scholarship...... BS, you pay or you don't go, or you get invited, so the poosibilitie to get invited is like 5% out of 100%, cause 90% over of kids pay full amount, and the ones who get scholarship are lucky, and some only get scholarship of 10K, and they doesn't live in academy year round, only through school year, and IMG is based, not for becoming PRO, it's made for to get kids to the best universities for free, how many players from IMG went pro only like 15 from all sports they have, two or three only from soccer, bradley, and adu got trasnfered to MLS at young age, and it doesn't happen any more, so they were very lucky. and is were any other academies like IMG in america let me think NO, you have to pay everywere in USA, were is lower level academies, but only couple, and most of IMG academie students, are from all other the world, because they have sales offices through around the world, and millionaire parents send their kids to academies, and kids are fu**ing laizy, and IMG plays for priemier division, and team from my local area beat them easily, cause the kids from regular team in premier division work hard they are not millionairs, and IMG is sh*t, laizy kids what sucks at soccer, it's just waist of time. and abput spain let me think if you are damn good, like wooooo dude look at what kid yeah try to waist some money go to spain, and get spot in academy, but what wont mean anything, academie is just higher level of play it doesn't make you pro, it's all about your work. so the best advice if you want go to euorpean acadmies, get a soccer agent pay him 5k a week, he will get you try-outs to lower league acadmies in Spaing, Germany, England, but it will cost you total around 25000$, so if you think you are what good, and ready for what kind of level you never didn't saw try your luck, but it might be painful waist of money for nothing, firs thing I would recomend, go for youth national team in your country, and if you make it you can try-out academies, in what case you would have some chances still not 100% look how many kids play for national team, and don't play for academies.
So good luck, if you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Impossible Is Nothing. Impossible is the last shot. Impossible is the last game.

Sig by me... :)

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 10 Jan 2008, 04:45

WHAT DO YOU MEAN IM TALKING bulls**t, they live there i could give you the names the amount of money they game them in scholarships and all that, I know them very welll, I think your just think of img the tv show or something cause you just dont get it, second, they do have tryouts, they have tryouts everytime the school year endds, and the fulltime kids leave, these tryouts are on saturday and sunday morning, and a friend of mine went to these tryouts and talked to TOM DURKIN and i heard him makng the plans and guess were he lives now.. about that that you said that they dont live in the academy full year only during school guess what YOUR WRONG AGAIN that 3 strikes man you are bad.. the guys from the u-19 that play in the USL they live there all year round son maybe with a small vacation on christmas or something.... yeah i never said img was good did I, I just asked about schools like that style.. also you forgot to mention parkhust and tim howard, :)...... man you might as well have not posted i dont know whats wrong with u, you probably just habing a bad day or someting.. peace