HI my tryouts

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
abel
Sophomore Member

hi people i just had my tryouts monday tuesday and wednsday man i was on a recovery from a bad leg and on try outs i pushed my self to the limits i have never done before. good thing is i was playing right midfield and the marking back shot the ball to me i flicked it over my head and pushed the other guy to my left passed the ball to the forward ran to the side got the ball back crossed and magnificently the forward headed the ball in the coach yelled what a brilliant goal lol i was happy then :D but after all that when i saw my name i was put on a jv starter list i asked the coach why i did not make the varcity team he told me he cant risk the team by putting an injured player so guys what do you think i should do im recovering faster than expected becouse i practice and play every day i am 15 and im in the 10th grade now is jv starter accseptable?? :(
"They say we football players are slaves well.... If that's true then give me a life sentence".
-Pele-

mustahfa14

ofcourse its acceptable. michael jordan his sophmore didnt even make the basketball team. just think..would u rather play every jv game and get more playing time..or get limited playing time on varsity? its not the end of the world. if u work hard and stay motivated, maybe u can get moved up. theres tons of possibilities..you just have to make them happen. just play football and show them what you got. use this as motivation to become better.

The best of luck. hope i helped :D

diegowerder
New User

If you are good they will move you up!!! :wink:

redrover365
Veteran Member

diegowerder wrote:If you are good they will move you up!!! :wink:
not neccesarely, if they have an open spot they will move you up. Not to mention, your skills will progress a lot faster if your team plays at a high skill level, so making Varsity with limited playing time is better than making jv and playing all the time.

If you believe IWGP's dog should not die of leukemia, then show him your support!

BGbeast23
Veteran Member

Not necessarily true, redrover. You get more experience in JV, so you can gain confidence and be able to keep your composure and stay calm with the ball in games alot better.
And if you're good enough, they WILL move you up.

ajc
The Philly Flyer

I actually agree with redrover365 on this one. In my opinion it is better to be on varsity with limited playing time because you will be playing with better players and therefore improving faster. You won't get the glory of playing in games as much but you will gain valuable experience at practices and in seeing what it is like to be on the varsity squad. A year of limited playing time on a high level varsity will prepare you for next year much better than a year of beating up on underclassman in JV games.

However, don't get the wrong impression. You are not in a bad situation. You still have two years to rock the house on varsity after this year, so if you work hard good things will happen. You still have plenty of opportunity ahead of you.

2brown347
Veteran Member

I gotta agree with BG, the best situation for you I think would be to swing or practice varsity, but playing for 10 minutes a game against better players still won't do you as good as geting 90 minutes on jv with lots of time on the ball

redrover365
Veteran Member

2brown347 wrote:I gotta agree with BG, the best situation for you I think would be to swing or practice varsity, but playing for 10 minutes a game against better players still won't do you as good as geting 90 minutes on jv with lots of time on the ball
but the practice will make the most difference and show better results. Trust me, i have practiced with Varsity (currently on Jv), and its is a lot better and you get a lot better. Personally i couldnt have made varsity anyways (my height 5 0")

If you believe IWGP's dog should not die of leukemia, then show him your support!

karlofootball10
Veteran Member

at my school the JV and varsity team often practice together, so JV players get to practice with older faster and more skilled players. i would rather play JV and start and get alot of playing time.
my freshman year i got to play on varsity in the district and regional tournaments, it really is a different game.
if you are good, they will move you up. regardless of if there is an open spot or not
if a quiz is quizzical, then what's a test?

abel
Sophomore Member

Thx everybody yes i agree with redrover too every saturdays there are old professional players that have retierd they they have a huge tornament every year in different states of the us they currently let me join the houston texas team and i must say i am learning futbol when i play with them they are simply amazing every saturday playing there motivates me even more guys they dont even look at each other and one knows where one is lol but when i play with them it's like im that little mouse running arround learning things u know so wt im realy saying is playing jv in my sofmore year is that accseptable for an avrage player
"They say we football players are slaves well.... If that's true then give me a life sentence".
-Pele-

mustahfa14

ofcourse it is. i told you this. jsut go out and play football man. dont worry about not being on varsity so much. just practice and play how you play and maybe they will move you up.just use this as motivation. keep at it man. hopefully everything wil fall into place.

btw on the whole playing time and difficulty thing..you would learn more from the expirience standpoint from playing time. do u know anyone that has gotten even better just from sitting on the bench? the more u play the more of a feel for the ball you have and more vision you can develop. it gives u more opportunities to work on aspects of the game.

ajc
The Philly Flyer

mustahfa14 wrote:btw on the whole playing time and difficulty thing..you would learn more from the expirience standpoint from playing time. do u know anyone that has gotten even better just from sitting on the bench? the more u play the more of a feel for the ball you have and more vision you can develop. it gives u more opportunities to work on aspects of the game.
Being on varsity and sitting the bench still means you are practicing with much better players than are on JV at least 3 days a week. Due to the huge gulf in quality between varsity and JV I believe it would be more beneficial in the long run to be on the varsity squad even with limited playing time.

barcahooligan
Veteran Member

ajc wrote:
mustahfa14 wrote:btw on the whole playing time and difficulty thing..you would learn more from the expirience standpoint from playing time. do u know anyone that has gotten even better just from sitting on the bench? the more u play the more of a feel for the ball you have and more vision you can develop. it gives u more opportunities to work on aspects of the game.
Being on varsity and sitting the bench still means you are practicing with much better players than are on JV at least 3 days a week. Due to the huge gulf in quality between varsity and JV I believe it would be more beneficial in the long run to be on the varsity squad even with limited playing time.
It also gains you the respect and trust of your fellow players at the Varsity level...
sig by 2brown347

abel
Sophomore Member

well i guess waching is beneficial i try to wach as much futbol as i can practice as much as i can oh guys with this oportunity i wana ask something im not a very fast player but i have good control on the ball currently i've been placed to play right mid (wing) do u guys think there is any way i can improve myspeed for my upcomming season i belive first game is sometime at the end of december
-Pele-

ageorge
Veteran Member

Its always better to play on the higher level, even if you don't get enough playing time you'll be in practice with those better varsity players nearly everyday, it will make you a better player.

EDIT didnt read others who posted the same thing lol
"I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate."<STRIKE>Thierry Henry</STRIKE>