best USA state

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
calienteplayer11
Sophomore Member

Post by calienteplayer11 » 24 Nov 2007, 01:24

I Think here in Nebraska we have some decent talent, although we have only 2 teams ever to make it Nationals. We have one national team player 15 year old Tyler Polak, here in my hometown (He's now in California training with National team)

zxcxk7
Sophomore Member

Post by zxcxk7 » 24 Nov 2007, 01:37

I honestly think that Alaska is the ONE... The only problem we have is that there are no sponsors for teams here.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 24 Nov 2007, 01:47

Alaska? Do you get much training or playing time up there?

Or get to compete with teams from other states?
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

Flyingmoose
Veteran Member

Post by Flyingmoose » 24 Nov 2007, 01:58

These are top u15 teams..my age group
courtesy of espn
looks like chicago wins.

and ajc do you play for delco?

1. CHICAGO MAGIC - For the second year, the Magic is the top boys club in Soccer America's Top 20 rankings. In the last three years, the Magic boys have won eight national titles (four Super Y-League, three U.S. Club and one U.S. Youth Soccer). (On the girls side, the Magic won two national titles in '05.) Magic alums Ofori Sakordie and Quavas Kirk started for the USA at the '05 Under-17 World Championship.

Rising Stars: Midfielders Jacob Bushue and Perry Kitchen traveled with the U.S. U-14s to Mexico in January.
2. DALLAS TEXANS - The Texans moved up 11 places to No. 2 by winning the U-18 and U-17 titles at the U.S. Youth Soccer national championships. The Texans, the only multiple winners in 2005, will challenge for the top spot in 2006. Its '90 and '92 Red teams won titles at the Disney's Soccer Showcase over the Christmas holidays.

Rising Star: Ethan Meyer was called into the U.S. under-14 developmental camp last summer after starring at the '05 id2 national training camp.
3. SOCKERS FC - The Chicago area club won the 2005 McGuire (U-19) Cup for its third U.S. Youth Soccer title after U-16 championships in 1995 and 2001. Two other Sockers boys teams were runners-up at the '05 Region II championships.

Rising Star: Greg Jordan, a freshman midfielder, stood out last winter for the Super Y-League's ODP all-stars.
4. ARSENAL FC - The Alta Loma, Calif., club repeated as U.S. Youth Soccer national boys champs, winning the U-15 title in 2004 and the U-16 crown in '05. Moving up to U-17s last fall, they were Premier League champions in the Coast Soccer League and swept all four games at the Nike Friendlies, including a 2-1 victory over the U.S. U-17 national team.

Rising Star: Freshman midfielder Norberto Ochoa, who attended last May's U-15 national team camp, is the younger brother of U-20 forward Sammy Ochoa.
5. FC DELCO - After winning five U.S. Youth Soccer championships in 2000-03, the Philadelphia area club has been shut out the last two years. (The U-23s were USASA national champions in 2005, adding an eighth star to Delco's logo for eight national titles.) But the U-18 Crunch produced five 2005 NSCAA/adidas Youth All-Americans, and Bobby Warshaw of the U-17 Black was one of three Delco players to earn High School and Youth All-American honors.

Rising Stars: Andrew O'Malley and Joseph Schmid traveled with the U.S. U-14s to Mexico.
6. SCOTT GALLAGHER - The St. Louis area club holds steady at No. 6. Gallagher won three national titles in the last three years: U-17 ('04 U.S. Youth Soccer) and U-16 and U-15 ('03 U.S. Club Soccer). Gallagher trivia: It had more alumni %96 four %96 than any other youth club at this winter's U.S. national team training camp. Steve Ralston, Pat Noonan, Chris Klein and Taylor Twellman are hoping to join Brian McBride, another ex-Gallagher player, at the World Cup.

Rising star: Zambian-born Charles Renken, 11, is on the fast track and he plays for the U.S. U-14s -- much like Freddy Adu was five years ago.
7. SO CAL UNITED - Based in the San Fernando Valley, United won its second U.S. Youth Soccer title in three years when it captured the 2005 U-14 boys title. From the '03 U-16 championship team, five players were selected to represent the USA at the U-18 Lisbon International Tournament in June, including keeper Chris Seitz, who starred last fall for NCAA Division I champion Maryland.

Rising Star: Jacob Bernstein won the adidas Golden Boot at the 2005 U-14 U.S. Youth Soccer nationals.
8. CASA MIA'S BAYS - The Bays' bid to become the first team to win three straight U.S. Youth Soccer title in its age group ended when they fell to Massachusetts club Juventus Post Road in group play at the 2005 Region I U-17 championships. The Casa Mia's Bays U-16 and U-12 teams, both ranked in Maryland, are part of the Baltimore Bays program.

Rising Star: Drew Yates, the Washington Post's 2005 Fall High School Player of the Year.
9. FC GREATER BOSTON - The Bolts became the first Massachusetts team since 1937 to win a U.S. Youth Soccer title when they captured the 2005 U-15 crown. Former McGuire Cup champions and U.S. national team buddies Bruce Murray and John Kerr serve as the club's technical director and coaching director, respectively.

Rising Star: Sheanon Williams, one of the top forward prospects in the U.S. U-17 residency program.
10. WASHINGTON FC PREMIER - FC United United and girls power FC Royals merged to form Washington FC Premier. In the last decade, the Tacoma, Wash., area program has become a national boys power, winning the 1999 U.S. Youth Soccer U-18 title and finishing second in 2004 at the U-16 level. It produced Nik Besagno, first pick in the 2005 MLS SuperDraft.

Rising Star: Daniel Wenzel, just the third Washington product to enter U.S. under-17 residency program. His goal: become U.S. national team captain.
11. SERENO SC - The Phoenix area club makes the Boys and Girls Top 20 for the third straight year. After producing national finalists and three regional finalists in 2003 and 2004, Sereno's boys were shut out in the 2005 U.S. Youth championship, but they still managed to produce five state champions. Sereno is one of the biggest competitive programs in the country with 600 players.

Rising Star: Forward Nicolas Nava, a high school freshman who is part of the Region IV '91 player pool.
12. CROSSFIRE PREMIER - Like FC United, Crossfire is a Washington State Premier League powerhouse that has developed a national reputation for producing players. Crossfire grad Preston Zimmerman starred on the U.S. U-17s and signed at German club Hamburg. Crossfire is so deep it had three teams reach the quarterfinals of this year's state U-16 quarterfinals.

Rising Stars: Brandon Zimmerman, Preston's younger's brother, and Ellis McLoughlin are in U.S. U-17 residency.
13. NOMADS - Founded in 1976, the La Jolla club was one of the country's first super clubs. Despite the proliferation of youth clubs in Southern California, the Nomads remain a national power. They sent two teams (U-19s and U-15s) to the 2005 U.S. Youth Soccer national championships.

Rising Star: Adrian Avila, younger brother of UC Santa Barbara star Eric Avila, is one of the top high school sophomores in the San Diego area.
14. HC UNITED - Formed in 2001 following the merger of three Tampa, Fla., area clubs, HC (Hillsborough County) won its first national title last summer when it captured the Super Y-League's U-19 crown. HC had two players make appearances for the USA at the U-17 World Championship: Blake Wagner and Jeremy Hall.

Rising Star: Jared Adamo, one of top prep juniors in Tampa area.
15. CASL ELITE - The Raleigh, N.C., area league is the only program besides the Chicago Magic to have boys teams reach finals at the U.S. Youth Soccer's National Championships in each of the last three years. CASL fell to the Greater Boston Bolts, 5-4, in the 2005 U-15 final.

Rising Star: Freshman Nick Millington, a standout at last summer's id2 camp, was one of three CASL players picked to attend the SYL's '06 U-13 ODP camp.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 24 Nov 2007, 02:00

Damn, they have you guys all scouted out by U-15. :o

Yes ajc plays for Delco. :wink:
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

Flyingmoose
Veteran Member

Post by Flyingmoose » 24 Nov 2007, 02:02

just found this (pardon the double post)
They obviously vary
1 Chicago Magic (Ill.)
2 Dallas Texans (Texas)
3 Arsenal FC (Calif.)
4 Real So Cal (Calif.)
5 Sockers FC (Ill.)
6 FC Delco (Pa.)
7 Baltimore Bays (Md.)
8 Scott Gallagher (Mo.)
9 Vardar Stars (Mich.)
10 Solar FC (Texas)
11 CASL Elite (N.C.)
12 FC Greater Boston (Mass.)
13 Bethesda SC (Md.)
14 PDA (N.J.)
15 Nomads SC (Calif.)
16 Irvine Strikers SC (Calif.)
17 Texas SC (Texas)
18 Colorado Rush (Colo.)
19 Schulz Academy (Fla.)
20 Real Colorado (Colo.)

zxcxk7
Sophomore Member

Post by zxcxk7 » 24 Nov 2007, 02:09

Well, most of the year we play and train inside, but for about 5 months we play outside. Nobody from other states doesn't wonna come cuz it's too far. Some semi-pro teams from Canada do come here though.

MSILancer7
Veteran Member

Post by MSILancer7 » 24 Nov 2007, 14:42

rzadzinski wrote:Damn, they have you guys all scouted out by U-15. :o

Yes ajc plays for Delco. :wink:
I was just thinking that. they should add his name to the list of rising stars.

BGbeast23
Veteran Member

Post by BGbeast23 » 24 Nov 2007, 14:53

If I'm not mistaken, the list that Flyingmoose put up was for U-15s, and ajc is older than 14 or 15, so his name may be on the "Rising Stars" for his age group. But it wouldn't be on this one, because he's not in this age age group(U-15).

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 24 Nov 2007, 19:48

Yeah, I play for the U18's.
Francis8 wrote:
ajc wrote:But there wasn't one boys team from VA who made it out of regionals last year...
Texas and California are typically very strong. With others there are great clubs here and there but not as many as in those two states.

:?: :?: :?: no no son......Strikers FC qualified 5 teams for a national tournament in Florida.
Nah, I'm talking about USYSA national finals.
Click it

Andersonfan8
New User

Post by Andersonfan8 » 29 May 2008, 19:43

Massachusetts if it was bigger easily

P.S. Bolts and Mass ODP gona win nationals this year

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 » 29 May 2008, 19:57

Andersonfan8 wrote:Massachusetts if it was bigger easily

P.S. Bolts and Mass ODP gona win nationals this year
wow talk about posting in a dead topic anyways since he revived it i'd say Texas and California.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 30 May 2008, 04:33

texas cali and hawaaii (not not).... im from nevada i play in cali all the time dude.. theyre is some talent.. but they are all mexcians.. eventhough i played a team from san fran last weekend in sanfran cup that was allwhite...... and they were hella good. the average height on the team was 6'3 i was like brothe.r. .lets show them that inteligence and skills beat physical fitnes.. guess what....... THey also had skills...............

it was a 2-1 loss...... but they are pure U-19s... we are pure U'17s .. my team is second in nevad, how nice is that?

eddy192837
Veteran Member

Post by eddy192837 » 08 Jul 2010, 00:30

My teamm is the best team in Florida and #4 in the Region and #5 or 6 in the nationnnn!!!