Advice on becoming a pro

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
DAmiAN
New User

[quote="frizzyan"]Hey your story sounds similar to mine. I used to play a junior team in Scotland, and had I continued, I would be way better than I am now. You must not give up and must be determined to become pro. believe in yourself, and although statistics and history suggest that it's too late to start playing football seriously, you can create your very own piece of history.

You are right, our stories are very similar. And something similar happened to me just like you. I moved here to the USA 3 years ago and there isnt much opportunities here than back in my country. But if we keep on going and we really like the sport that much to not give up, we may have a chance.

[quote="frizzyan"]Uruguay? Really?! Wow that's amazing. If your father was really one of the most skilled player in uruguay, I guess that makes your life a lot easier, but you've still gotta practise nonstop. But it's kinda weird though how you didn't grow up playing serious football, but hey, it's not too late yet.

Yeah its true my father was a great player. He got an offer of playing in a serie A team called Nacional, but he denied it because he and my family like Peñarol (another team). I know that wasn't a very good decision, who knows where we would be right now...(if you dont believe this story I understand its hard to believe it, but I dont win anything with lying to you)Anyways, the reason why I did not grow up with soccer is because I never liked it until now... I hate myself for that cause I know I would be really good at this age if I started young. Anyways we cant go back in time so now all we can do is pray and keep practicing until we succeed!. 8) :lol:

frizzyan
Veteran Member

DAmiAN wrote:You are right, our stories are very similar. And something similar happened to me just like you. I moved here to the USA 3 years ago and there isnt much opportunities here than back in my country. But if we keep on going and we really like the sport that much to not give up, we may have a chance.
Yeah I'm not going to waste a single minute anymore. I mean I have a bright future since I grew up in what you call a "professor brat" family, but then becoming a football professional would bring me much more joy. I know it's far from being easy, and the thought of turning pros is millions of miles away, but with every practidce, it bridges the gap from reality with my dream. If I had to pick between a very well respected job like a politician/lawyer and football pro, I'd definitely pick becoming football pro cause I love the sport too much. Odds may suggest that I'm destined to become something like an entrepreneur, but I want to play the sport I love the most.
DAmiAN wrote: Anyways, the reason why I did not grow up with soccer is because I never liked it until now... I hate myself for that cause I know I would be really good at this age if I started young.
Too late to regret now. Make up the lost time with passion and dedication in the remaining years. See it as a vengenance. You wish to make up for the loss time because time is your enemy. Then you will also use time wisely to practice hard.
DAmiAN wrote: Anyways we cant go back in time so now all we can do is pray and keep practicing until we succeed!.
Very well said. Success is not a guarantee. With a little bit of luck and faith, and a ton of practise, we can make it come true though. It's all about how much do you really want it.

Sometimes I see not having oppurtunities as an advantage. Kids that play for well-known youth teams take their spots for granted, but people like us want it so badly, or else we wouldn't be spending time talking about this through this forum.

It's essential to practice hard in order to succeed, and hopefully get spotted soon.

oranje74

ok, so im 13, on JV at my school. weve won the NY state prviate school championships 2 or 3 times in the last 5 years at Varstiy level. Our best ever player got recruited by harvard, starts @ striker there and trained with Boro over the summer. last yr or the yr before bruce arena offered him playing time with the national team. according to his sister who im friends with, he is good friends with franck quedure. this is just background stuff. so my question is

How can you get noticed at U - level for the national team. ?

There is a school very close to my school which has on its Varsity girls team a girl who plays U-17 for United States, so i know its possible. But How????
I can do it

RG900
Veteran Member

well in a striker goals r not everything u should show that u can beat da defense dribble pass ad show that u have an existence on da field then comes da goals
RAMI 07