U.S. Soccer Academy Program

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
mustahfa14

Post by mustahfa14 » 29 Mar 2008, 17:48

ajc what group are u in? do you play the chicago fire academy team at all through the season?

btw anyone in the chicago area, the u16 academy fire team is playing the u17 national team at toyota park. its free too.

btw gl this season ajc

Andersonfan8
New User

Post by Andersonfan8 » 07 May 2008, 22:17

Hey Im new here and I play for PDA wich was selected for academy

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 08 May 2008, 02:27

We're in the Mid-Atlantic conference. We won't get to play Chicago Fire unless they're put on our schedule for the Summer showcase.

Andersonfan8 I'm on the U18s at Delco, we play you guys Saturday.
Click it

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 » 08 May 2008, 13:50

AJC hows FC Delco going for you? You getting looked at by any colleges? Good luck with the rest of the season.

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 01 Jun 2008, 15:49

I just noticed your post, sorry.

It's going great. Last Monday we played CASA (from Ohio) at the spring academy showcase. I got my first start and scored in the 2nd minute, then assisted our second goal a half hour later.
Click it

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 » 01 Jun 2008, 23:22

ajc wrote:I just noticed your post, sorry.

It's going great. Last Monday we played CASA (from Ohio) at the spring academy showcase. I got my first start and scored in the 2nd minute, then assisted our second goal a half hour later.
wow what a way to make an impression on your first start. Are you going to play in college?

MSILancer7
Veteran Member

Post by MSILancer7 » 03 Jun 2008, 01:49

arsenalfc08 wrote:
ajc wrote:I just noticed your post, sorry.

wow what a way to make an impression on your first start. Are you going to play in college?
That is exactly what i thought, with you being out injured for a long time and you start and score a goal and an assist...so did damarcus beasley in his first start. Is that just a coincidence that you were both rehabing at the same place and you both did similar things in your first starts back?

MSILancer7
Veteran Member

Post by MSILancer7 » 05 Jul 2008, 16:14

Hey ajc how did the summer showcase go for you?

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 05 Jul 2008, 19:15

From the looks of it they lost 4-3 and won 3-0. I don't know much else though.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

MSILancer7
Veteran Member

Post by MSILancer7 » 06 Jul 2008, 15:45

rzadzinski wrote:From the looks of it they lost 4-3 and won 3-0. I don't know much else though.
Yeah that four three loss was good. i liked how they came back and almost tied it.

messimaradona

Post by messimaradona » 04 Dec 2008, 00:10

I am familar with this program but i don't think it is that good. LIke the U16 team in my city Carmel UNited won the nation al championship, and i know i wouldn't mkae that team, but it seems like a lot of it is politics and money. LIke i know the Carmel Tema cost upwards of 5 grand a year, and i am 100 percent sure that there are quality players who cannot pay for that

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 » 04 Dec 2008, 01:07

messimaradona wrote:I am familar with this program but i don't think it is that good. LIke the U16 team in my city Carmel UNited won the nation al championship, and i know i wouldn't mkae that team, but it seems like a lot of it is politics and money. LIke i know the Carmel Tema cost upwards of 5 grand a year, and i am 100 percent sure that there are quality players who cannot pay for that
Thats what is so wrong about the us development. No other country charges money for kids to play, the most may be uniform charges but its no where near 5 grand. Us youth soccer is all about money. When teams travel who pays for the plane tickets,hotel and food? The parents. No wonder kids are trying so hard to perform,they will probably need a full ride to be able to afford college.

My brother played travel hockey for 6 years. We were going on trips pretty much every weekend, tournments over hoildays,etc. Last year I asked my mom and dad how much it cost to do this for so long. My dad it was around 10 grand a year when you factor in all the costs (hotel,food,gas). It didn't help that the hotels that were booked were really nice hotels and expensive (hilton,etc).

IggTron7
New User

Post by IggTron7 » 04 Dec 2008, 23:14

arsenalfc08 wrote:
messimaradona wrote:I am familar with this program but i don't think it is that good. LIke the U16 team in my city Carmel UNited won the nation al championship, and i know i wouldn't mkae that team, but it seems like a lot of it is politics and money. LIke i know the Carmel Tema cost upwards of 5 grand a year, and i am 100 percent sure that there are quality players who cannot pay for that
Thats what is so wrong about the us development. No other country charges money for kids to play, the most may be uniform charges but its no where near 5 grand. Us youth soccer is all about money. When teams travel who pays for the plane tickets,hotel and food? The parents. No wonder kids are trying so hard to perform,they will probably need a full ride to be able to afford college.

My brother played travel hockey for 6 years. We were going on trips pretty much every weekend, tournments over hoildays,etc. Last year I asked my mom and dad how much it cost to do this for so long. My dad it was around 10 grand a year when you factor in all the costs (hotel,food,gas). It didn't help that the hotels that were booked were really nice hotels and expensive (hilton,etc).
I completely agree that one of the main problems of US Youth Soccer is that it is, for the majority, a rich man's game. It is completely the opposite in other areas of the world and i think economics play less of a role overseas. On the contrary, i do believe that the academy system is a step in the right direction. It places the best clubs in the country in a league. There are no more questions concerning whether or not super-y or the RPL is the best league. If you play at an exceptionally good club, you are part of the academy system. As a sidenote with the moetary issues, if you are a true baller most clubs will offer a scholarship that makes it affordable.
"Soccer is simple, but it is difficult to play simple" -Johan Cruijff

IggTron7
New User

Post by IggTron7 » 04 Dec 2008, 23:15

arsenalfc08 wrote:

I completely agree that one of the main problems of US Youth Soccer is that it is, for the majority, a rich man's game. It is completely the opposite in other areas of the world and i think economics play less of a role overseas. On the contrary, i do believe that the academy system is a step in the right direction. It places the best clubs in the country in a league. There are no more questions concerning whether or not super-y or the RPL is the best league. If you play at an exceptionally good club, you are part of the academy system. As a sidenote with the moetary issues, if you are a true baller most clubs will offer a scholarship that makes it affordable.
"Soccer is simple, but it is difficult to play simple" -Johan Cruijff