U.S. Soccer Academy Program

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
ajc
The Philly Flyer

U.S. Soccer Academy Program

Post by ajc » 26 Sep 2007, 18:23

I just found out that I made a team who is playing in the new Academy Program in the U.S. If you haven't heard of it, read this. Basically they took the top 64 clubs in the nation and are having them play a professional style 30 game league season spanning 8 months. Is anyone else here playing for a club that was selected to this program?
Click it

Ic3

Post by Ic3 » 26 Sep 2007, 18:28

Awesome! I hope you do well :)

It would be nice to see what clubs are in the Academy program around me. They should have a map.

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 26 Sep 2007, 18:33

Thanks Ic3. The teams in the program are listed on this page if you want to check them out: http://www.ussoccer.com/articles/viewAr ... 66085.html
Click it

Francis8
Veteran Member

Post by Francis8 » 26 Sep 2007, 22:43

4 of our players play for a top academy club and i start over 2 of them so at left-mid. i'm trying out as soon as i get the chance.
The testicles of a "right whale" weigh 1100 lbs each....... :o

MSILancer7
Veteran Member

Post by MSILancer7 » 28 Sep 2007, 00:22

When do u get freetime to do nething besides soccer, school, and sleep? I mean right now i play for my highschool team and a club team and whenever i do have freetime im to tired to do anything.

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 28 Sep 2007, 00:57

MSILancer7 wrote:When do u get freetime to do nething besides soccer, school, and sleep? I mean right now i play for my highschool team and a club team and whenever i do have freetime im to tired to do anything.
Dude just tear your ACL, you won't have to worry about any of that crap anymore! :lol:
Click it

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 28 Sep 2007, 02:15

ajc wrote:
MSILancer7 wrote:When do u get freetime to do nething besides soccer, school, and sleep? I mean right now i play for my highschool team and a club team and whenever i do have freetime im to tired to do anything.
Dude just tear your ACL, you won't have to worry about any of that crap anymore! :lol:
:lol:
Coming from an experienced professional in "getting crap out of the way!" :lol:
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

dareliss
Veteran Member

Post by dareliss » 29 Sep 2007, 04:01

i will be playing next year in this program for clearwater charges, can't believe img academie is int it too they suck... we have fssl and were are 5 division premier division 1,2,3 divisions and over 40 division, which is higher premier or 1 division? i have try out for first division but, i want to stick in youth top level premier division. btw, my competitive team is no longer excisting we didn't had enough players :( i just came back from my country played for reserve team for few months, did well so i will have spot on first team if i will improve enough on skills what coach told me too will have to show up for 2009 summer, but i want to train in usa and play for universitie whats what im not able to do in my country, so i don't know how this is going to turn out :( and right now i don't have club were to play and what sucks so bad, probably will play for fun recreational, and pick up games, in spring i have try outs for odp, clearwaters charges, and div 1, and at this moment it's too much preasure on me i have to work train and go to college...... so whats my dilema, pisses me of so bad what sometimes i want to quit everything. so through this academie program do we have any chance getting scouted and getting on national team (youth) or some good club? and this is higher level then odp? Thanks.
Impossible Is Nothing. Impossible is the last shot. Impossible is the last game.

Sig by me... :)

barcahooligan
Veteran Member

Post by barcahooligan » 29 Sep 2007, 19:01

Which club are you representing ajc?
sig by 2brown347

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 29 Sep 2007, 22:14

FC Delco http://fcdelco.com/Teams/DynamoIII/index_E.html
dareliss wrote:so through this academie program do we have any chance getting scouted and getting on national team (youth) or some good club?
Yes, the idea of this is to make it easier for scouts to see the best players in the country, so playing for an academy team should give you exposure to national team scouts. The U17 national team is even playing in the academy league, so if your club plays against them and you have a good showing then who knows what could happen.
and this is higher level then odp?
Yes, because the majority of regional/national ODP players come from academy clubs and they are not allowed to participate in ODP anymore. So for U16 and U18 (the two age groups with the academy league) this is the highest youth level at which you can play (unless you are in residency).
Click it

keller8
Veteran Member

Post by keller8 » 29 Sep 2007, 22:24

Cool man. I wish I was old enough, fit enough, and had skills enough to play soccer like you guys.
Mattsta-"There would be no point in freestyle if we knew all the tricks from the start. The fact that we had to practise to get them pays off because in the end we have earnt it."

dareliss
Veteran Member

Post by dareliss » 29 Sep 2007, 22:57

keller8 wrote:Cool man. I wish I was old enough, fit enough, and had skills enough to play soccer like you guys.
if you are still young get ready be fit and skillful, and make it to the top.
Impossible Is Nothing. Impossible is the last shot. Impossible is the last game.

Sig by me... :)

miles_da_striker
New User

Post by miles_da_striker » 30 Sep 2007, 01:18

i am currently 13 years old and i play for coral springs storm U-15.. we practice with the U-17's and abour 17 out of the 20 players on that team play for shulz academy.. one of the teams in the league.. i kno all of them and they are really good.. i also have a good friend on the shulz academy... he told me about the tourn. in cali... he is going.. i wish to play for them and national and odp wen i get a little more field experience and in better shape... i have 3 goals in 3 matches for my club team and im doing pretty good.. so do any of u guys live in Florida???

nextlevel66
Veteran Member

Post by nextlevel66 » 30 Sep 2007, 14:42

ajc u play for delco right. do u know luke calvano he used to play for you guys a year or two ago... i think?
My dream is to go pro and nothing or anyone will get in the way.

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 05 Oct 2007, 17:45

nextlevel66 wrote:ajc u play for delco right. do u know luke calvano he used to play for you guys a year or two ago... i think?
The name sounds familiar but I don't think I know him.
Click it