coach problem he is biast

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
liverpoolfc4life
New User

coach problem he is biast

Post by liverpoolfc4life » 27 Aug 2007, 01:26

ok so on my schools varsity team their is the the squad that dresses everygame and a squad called the "devolpmental team" that doesnt dress but is kinda like the reserves. so our coach posted up the teams and i was shocked to see myself on the devolpmental team and others who i knew were worse than me on the first team. All of my friends tell me WHOA your not on the team how did that happen thats bullsh#&. And the real reason im posting this is im going to go talk to my coach tomorow with a couple of my friends who insist i should be on the team and i wanted to know what should i say to him and how do u think the coach will react to me going to his office and telling him he was wrong? cuz ive really been bummed out and i just want to be ont he team cuz i love playing soccer. please post quick and today and thanks in advance.

thisisdard
Veteran Member

Re: coach problem he is biast

Post by thisisdard » 27 Aug 2007, 01:59

liverpoolfc4life wrote: On my school's varsity team, there is the squad, that dresses in every game, and a seperate squad called the "devolpmental team", that does not dress, but is like the reserves. So our coach posted up the teams and I was shocked to see myself on the "devolpmental team" and others who I knew were worse than me on the first team.

All of my friends tell me, "You are not on the team?" "How did that happen that is bad.".

I am posting this is because I am going to go talk to my coach tommorow with a couple of my friends who insist I should be on the team. I want to know what I should say to him.

How do you think the coach will react to me going to his office and telling him he was wrong? I am really been bummed out and i just want to be on the team because I love playing soccer.

Please post quick and today and thanks in advance.
Coaches look for people who can make all the difference on the pitch, not people who keep up. :wink:

- ajc

liverpoolfc4life
New User

Post by liverpoolfc4life » 27 Aug 2007, 02:00

i understand but i can be that person i draw defenders in cause i have some dribbles and good control

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Post by iwannagopro » 27 Aug 2007, 04:47

How is he biased? Maybe you are just not good enough, you should think about it. But go talk to the coach anyway.

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

Post by mpcarres14 » 27 Aug 2007, 05:53

Talking to the coach is fine, but DO NOT bring other teammates in with you. That will make you look like a whiney bitch to him, and you will have a nice warm spot for you in the developmental team earmarked for you. Instead, pull him aside when he's not coaching the team or anything like that (like after or befor practice), and say to him "Hey coach, I noticed that I wasn't in your squad, and I was just wondering what you want me to improve on so that I can make it in the future." This will make you seem ambitious and wanting to improve, where as saying "Hey, why am I not in the team" will make you sound like you think you have a God-given right to be on the team. Trust me, if you take a positive approach to this, and make it sound like your being cut was your fault and not his, you will do your reputation a world of good and this new view that he will probably see you in may just give you a better chance of making the team.

God damn brewery!!!

J
Admin

Post by J » 27 Aug 2007, 06:13

Great advice, 'mpcarres'.

'liverppoolfc4life', you also have to remember, that coaches may not be looking for who is necessarily the "best" either. Especially at a younger level. Alot of coaches at that level want players who hustle and put in 110% effort at all times.

germanfutboler13

Post by germanfutboler13 » 29 Aug 2007, 01:03

It might have been your playing the past few weeks, maybe you slacked off without knowing, its happened to me, but what ive leanred is to treat every pratice like a real game, so u never lose touch also the kids you thought were much worse then you, maybe they stepped it up when u stepped down, if i were in their postion id try to step it up all the time.

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 29 Aug 2007, 03:56

i agree with iwannagopro, maybe you just weren't as good as you thought you were. and of course your friends are gonna say you should be on the team, that's what good friends do. just work harder. what grade are you in by the way?

soccerdude510

Post by soccerdude510 » 29 Aug 2007, 04:18

yup good advice from everyone

liverpoolfc4life
New User

Post by liverpoolfc4life » 30 Aug 2007, 00:35

hey thanks everyone im a sophmore in highschool last year i was on JV team but this year i want to be on varsity i dont wanna settle for JV or the devolpmental team for varsity.

the_pwner
Sophomore Member

Post by the_pwner » 30 Aug 2007, 04:04

liverpoolfc4life wrote:hey thanks everyone im a sophmore in highschool last year i was on JV team but this year i want to be on varsity i dont wanna settle for JV or the devolpmental team for varsity.
np enytime lol i giv lots of advise

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

Post by mpcarres14 » 30 Aug 2007, 04:24

Just not here. Why are you taking credit for doing nothing?

God damn brewery!!!

the_pwner
Sophomore Member

Post by the_pwner » 30 Aug 2007, 04:31

mpcarres14 wrote:Just not here. Why are you taking credit for doing nothing?

i dunno, mebbe cuz i rock !

no duh lol

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Post by gnarlyjim » 30 Aug 2007, 04:51

Yeah, you are simply amazing! :roll:

the_pwner
Sophomore Member

Post by the_pwner » 30 Aug 2007, 04:56

gnarlyjim wrote:Yeah, you are simply amazing! :roll:
y thank u :D