Soccer Boarding Schools

Tell us about the league you playing in, tryouts, etc
panchester07
Veteran Member

Nah haven't heard of it..

What I would recommend is to get stuff done earlier...

Your a sophomore, I'm guessing your dream or goal is to play college, or to go pro?? ... Your odds grow hugely if you decide to go Junior and Senior year to one of these schools..... 1 year is still pretty good, and I know many in fact most families can't pay 40+ K two years in a row, but if you could, the I would....

Plus, you say "if next year is uneventful, then we'll probably try to apply to some of these schools or maybe something international.."

You realize how much buts and if's are in that sentence.. You realize how much things can happen in a year, how is a year uneventful anyway, and why can't you apply if the year is eventfull... Your basically putting a but of if in front of every possibility...

The timing to apply now is perfect, 2 years in one of these schools can get you in a good D1 college if you put in a little effort.. That means, go a little further than your teammates, maybe arrive to practice earilier, or stay practicing after, just half an hour or so...

But if you wait a year, and then you say IF this and that, and here and there, then PROBABLY I will apply..

Might as wel say I'm not going..

Thats my recommendation, go as soon as possible, and don't but yourself, and if you can't go 2 years, make sure you go 1... You will be greatfull forever, 1 year in these places, opens your mind, makes you so much better, meet other cultures, are exposed socially so you wont be a little freak haha, its like WIN in every angle of it... Theres no 1 down side to it.... And even if there is, the plus sides are much better..
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

I agree with Panchester. I'd start asap if its possible. Sit down with your parents and really talk about some of the schools, show them the websites, etc. Maybe you can set up a tour or something over the summer.

You can also try this http://www.intensesoccer.com/home.html A few (key word) have signed pro deals and others have gone on to play in college.

bom1221

wow, sorry its been taking me so long to reply. i actually had a pretty long response to this but when i tried to submit it, it timed out and refreshed my page :(

anyway, i have been pressing my parents for a long time now to send me to one of these year long academic soccer boarding schools but they have only just begun to engage in the idea of it ( meaning thinking its possible and how to make it happen). i myself would literally leave at any moment to go to one of these soccer schools, but my parents have a tendency to be a little reluctant to act which has proved to be a problem in the past :? i was talking to them earlier, and while they dont think its necessary, they would prefer that i go to a school that is affiliated with a (or more) professional club(s) (if any) and they were thinking something outside of the US would expose me to more and maybe give me a better shot at success ( i know effort and hard work counts but even after all that sometimes you need a little extra to put you over the edge) But like i said it isnt necessary and im not particularly picky anyways :wink also i have (somewhat recently) been to a Manchester united soccer camp in England for 2 weeks and although i dont really like the club i absolutely enjoyed every second of the experience and definitely wouldn't mind doing again. If soccer boarding schools are anything like that then there wouldnt be a doubt in my mind that i'd want to go, but it all comes down to the money doesn't it... One last thing, my dad heard about a place called La Masia from a spaniard that was in the same bar with him while they were watching the Inter vs Barcelona game and i think that it is the Barcelona youth academy that i saw has produced some excellent footballers in its time but im not sure how the whole process works over in spain. Anywho, i hear what you guys are saying and GREATLY appreciate the honesty and the straight forward facts. you have no idea how much you've helped me and hopefully we can get this plan in action ASAP :)

RoseSims
New User

hi, boarding schools depends on your location. I know some like Brooks School where students there are Co-ed, from North Andover, Massachusetts. Their athletic statistics said that Brooks has been very successful in winning many championships in the Independent School League and in New England over the recent years.
"I stayed in a soccer boarding school but I don't see my life any different from those who didn't" - U.N.

charm101
New User

It is nice to hear that your going to a boarding school and it is great. Soccer is your passion and that is good to engage in sports like that. I've been in a boarding school before and not only through sports they could give you guidance but also molding your proper intellectual, emotional, social and spiritual growth. I could say you'll have lots of fun going in a boarding school.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Eventhough your a spammer, i'll give it to you thats the truth, living away from mom and stepping from "your comfort area" is good for you in everyway. Plus its a blast.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Lenapova
New User

My recommendation: go to Europe to get a decent soccer level.
After an extensive benchmark I would definitely recommend the International Center of European Football. ($60K)
My son will attend next season. He is 13 years old... I agree : the younger the better... good luck!