LEG EXERCISES

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
williampro

LEG EXERCISES

Post by williampro » 10 Feb 2008, 00:39

wha leg exercises are there....? and which is the best one?

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 10 Feb 2008, 00:42

Squats are good for working your thighs, google them. Same with calf raises for your calves obviously. Those are one you can do with and without weights.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

Had2bHarry
Veteran Member

Post by Had2bHarry » 10 Feb 2008, 00:52

I'm surprised not many on here do lunges (google them). They are seriously good for your quads.
Sig by me

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 10 Feb 2008, 00:53

Ah yes, lunges work alright too, but they must be weighted if you REALLY want to feel them.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

Had2bHarry
Veteran Member

Post by Had2bHarry » 10 Feb 2008, 00:58

rzadzinski wrote:Ah yes, lunges work alright too, but they must be weighted if you REALLY want to feel them.
You have to weight them to feel them? Either you guys are really strong or I'm just weak.

Also running and kicking in water is a good workout.
Sig by me

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 10 Feb 2008, 01:03

Had2bHarry wrote:
rzadzinski wrote:Ah yes, lunges work alright too, but they must be weighted if you REALLY want to feel them.
You have to weight them to feel them? Either you guys are really strong or I'm just weak.

Depends on how intense you do the lunges, but with weight you feel them a lot more. Any water exercise is pretty hardcore as well.

-Alexander Ovechkin

Rolin_NDN
Sophomore Member

Post by Rolin_NDN » 10 Feb 2008, 01:07

rzadzinski wrote:
Had2bHarry wrote:

Depends on how intense you do the lunges, but with weight you feel them a lot more. Any water exercise is pretty hardcore as well.
When i started out with lunges i felt them also but over time your legs get used to it and you need more weight on it to be effective.

karlofootball10
Veteran Member

Re: LEG EXERCISES

Post by karlofootball10 » 10 Feb 2008, 05:29

williampro wrote:wha leg exercises are there....? and which is the best one?
there are alot of exercises for legs, it really depends on what you want to focus on, or if you're trying to just do everything.
let me know and i'll give you some things you can do.
if a quiz is quizzical, then what's a test?

jcdenton
Veteran Member

Post by jcdenton » 10 Feb 2008, 09:31

the best and the most universal leg exercise is running up stairs....
although some people say that it is bad for blood circulation in some way, but at least it worked for me...

Icy
Veteran Member

Post by Icy » 10 Feb 2008, 15:41

jcdenton wrote: although some people say that it is bad for blood circulation in some way, but at least it worked for me...
I've never heard of that before. The only thing that I know that could be bad about it is the force on your knee but that can easily be eliminated. Simply do hill sprints instead and it'll give you the same effect. Hill sprints are my favorite conditioning workout.
"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness"

Wanderer
Veteran Member

Post by Wanderer » 12 Feb 2008, 15:56

hey Icy, do you noe of any way to make hill sprints tougher? Also, does runnin downhill increase the chances of knee injuries? Thx

Icy
Veteran Member

Post by Icy » 12 Feb 2008, 22:46

hey Icy, do you noe of any way to make hill sprints tougher? Also, does runnin downhill increase the chances of knee injuries? Thx
Honestly I haven't needed any way to make them harder. If you find the hil your using isn't hard enough then find a longer\steeper one.

If you can't though than perhaps getting a sled and rigging it up with some thing to put around your waist (that is comfortable) would work. Then load up the sled (any cheap winter sled would work) with weight as you see needed. This would not only keep the force of the added weight off your knees but also add resistance.

If you're running down the hill you'd definately be putting a lot of extra force on your joints. Personally the fastest I go down a hill is just a slight jog\fast walk. The extra force may not be noticed for decades down the road but there is no reason to destroy your body for the sake of a bit of intensity if you can add the intensity in other ways.
"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness"

jcspeaks
New User

well

Post by jcspeaks » 12 Feb 2008, 23:23

The easiest way to make hills harder is to go backwards... itll seem easy at first but you feel it fast. Great for conditioning

Rush
New User

weight training for legs

Post by Rush » 28 May 2008, 02:03

You should base your weight training routine around a few movements.

1) Knee extension-Squats, Single squats
2) Hip Extension-Single Leg hip extensions. These will save the back.
3) power exercises- like hang clean etc.

Taylor
www.elite-soccer-fitness.com