strength

Talk about fitness drills, routines and training plans
Haris08
Sophomore Member

strength

Post by Haris08 » 03 Feb 2008, 13:22

can someone give me alink to any site or something to help me. iwant to know the proper technique to do different types of squats and how to do them.
And i also wanted to ask if there are any excercises that can help me build up my calves and the inner part of my thigh(ithink tahts called hamstring,not sure) the part below my butt that is :P .
thanks

karlofootball10
Veteran Member

Post by karlofootball10 » 04 Feb 2008, 04:58

if a quiz is quizzical, then what's a test?

ZZizou
Veteran Member

Post by ZZizou » 04 Feb 2008, 17:46

karlofootball10 wrote:http://bodybuilding.com
Yeah that's a good site.
Strenght is important in soccer ,maybe more important than like dribbling or freestyling or something because without a strong body you won't come anywhere in soccer.Before I started going to the gym I had a decent dribbling but didn't use it in games but now that I'm stronger it's a lot easier to dribble.

karlofootball10
Veteran Member

Post by karlofootball10 » 04 Feb 2008, 23:55

ZZizou is very right.
a common misconception that people have is that soccer players are all about legs, upper body is not important. whenever i tell someone im going to work my shoulders or chest or arms for soccer they are confused.
strength is very very important, especially when you start playing bigger and more competitive players.
you'll notice this alot more as you get stronger and you can go shoulder to shoulder with someone and knock them off the ball.
its a great feeling

ZZizou
Veteran Member

Post by ZZizou » 05 Feb 2008, 00:12

karlofootball10 wrote:ZZizou is very right.
a common misconception that people have is that soccer players are all about legs, upper body is not important. whenever i tell someone im going to work my shoulders or chest or arms for soccer they are confused.
strength is very very important, especially when you start playing bigger and more competitive players.
you'll notice this alot more as you get stronger and you can go shoulder to shoulder with someone and knock them off the ball.
its a great feeling
Since september I focused a lot on strength.My dribbling betered because I have a better balance now.Not only it helps you when you go shoulder on shoulder but also you can get go pass your defender if you have more power.People when they see robinho or cristiano ronaldo play they think that they could do things like them if they did a lot of dribbling training but they don't see that those guys are very strong and can run a whole game like they run the 5 first minutes.

Some coach told me that if you want to succeed in soccer you have to work on the physical part first and when your ready you could perfect you technique then.

williampro

Post by williampro » 05 Feb 2008, 01:54

i heard stretchin increase your speed and power........since then, i do stretching everyday

karlofootball10
Veteran Member

Post by karlofootball10 » 05 Feb 2008, 23:50

ohh, you have to stretch, its a must.

just do an experiment. go to a basketball court, dont stretch,and see how high up on the basket you can touch.
then stretch real good, and do it again. the difference is crazy.

plus the injuries stretching prevents is amazing. it seems like every time i dont stretch, i seem to either hurt my hamstring or something else.

unknown

Post by unknown » 06 Feb 2008, 00:41

can someone give me alink to any site or something to help me. iwant to know the proper technique to do different types of squats and how to do them.
And i also wanted to ask if there are any excercises that can help me build up my calves and the inner part of my thigh(ithink tahts called hamstring,not sure) the part below my butt that is Razz .
thanks
abductors is the word. also do u have access to machines or just free weights???

jcdenton
Veteran Member

Post by jcdenton » 06 Feb 2008, 10:20

i can recommend you one exercise for calves...
just run a bit, then go find some stairs... run up and down the stairs many times in different ways... also climb the stairs in short jumps...
then go running (at least try...)!
this can help... this is also good when you're preparing for climbing mountain :D