Round I - Kris Lomholt

The Expert Football Freestyle Contest is a competition for the best user-submitted video clip
expert
Site Admin

Round I - Kris Lomholt

Post by expert » 16 Nov 2005, 21:00

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Lomholt:
Each judge must answer all of the following questions:
- How advanced were the tricks in this video?
- Was there a good variety of tricks?
- Were there enough tricks in the video or was it uneventful?
- Was was the most advanced combo?
- How does this video compare to 3 (or more) other clips from the competition in terms of complexity of tricks (combos)?
Unless you use complete sentences and describe your opinion fully, you will be disqualified from judging. Do not say whether you like the video or not.
Last edited by expert on 10 Jan 2006, 20:41, edited 1 time in total.

expert
Site Admin

Re: Round I - Kris Lomholt

Post by expert » 17 Nov 2005, 00:00

1. The tricks varied from fairly simple to somewhat advanced. There were a lot of "one-liner" tricks and very few combinations.
2. There was a lot of useless repetition. For example at 6:34 he does pushups with the ball on his neck and repeats the exact same thing just 20 seconds later. He showed mediocre ground moves. His isolated flickups, head and neck stalls were fairly easy. He should have linked these with combos.
3. The video has about 40 seconds of fairly advanced stuff which is watered down with 6 minutes of simple and repetitive tricks.
4. At 56 he did a good combo although it's obvious he puts in a lot of preparation touches in between his tricks.
5. Kris attempts a very ambitious video, similarly to Owen4Ever, although doesn't pull it off quite as well. Kris is also similar to Angelo in a sense that they both show too many "single move" tricks and not enough combos.

Tierney

Post by Tierney » 19 Nov 2005, 00:05

1. Mid- level tricks, with touches of hard moves.
2. No, a lot of repetition, but the tricks involved looked smooth.
3. Kept me going 4 about 4 minutes, then got boring due to repetition again.
4. None, all moves had touches in between.
5. On par with Jellyman, but behind Roonablo & Kamal.

prtglsoccerfan22

Post by prtglsoccerfan22 » 19 Nov 2005, 23:30

1. some of the moves looke very advance but i dont know if they really are or not. it has great entertainment value though for 'looking advance'
2. yes, the variety helped spice up the movie a lot.
3. there were a lot of tricks. although after 4 mins, im afraid i got bored. of it.
4. probably the various ATW. Those were about the only 'combo's (dont know if you want to even call those combos...) that didn't need to have prep touches inbetween them.
5. not much flare. i know some freestyleres that have their own unique style, but Kris doesn't show any.
-Marcus-