Rules of the competition

The Expert Football Freestyle Contest is a competition for the best user-submitted video clip
Owen4ever
Veteran Member

Post by Owen4ever » 16 Oct 2005, 05:51

where are you expert?

expert
Site Admin

Post by expert » 16 Oct 2005, 15:50

Sorry about the delay, here it goes:
Owen4ever wrote:and for each time a judge votes or rates a video they should be obliged to make a detailed explanation of their choices and if the admin considers the explanation to be rather inadequate (example: "good video") the admin should have the choice of making it so that that vote shouldn't count. the admin should also consider whether the judges are being biased or not to see if they are worthy of contributing to the judging of the competition (for example one could say this video is better because it has lower moves that i like which would not be suitable or if a judge purposely puts another video down and says it sucks because they want their video to win that would not be suitable).
As I said earlier, in each round the judges would have to answer a couple of very specific questions about the videos that would help in rating them. The questions/criteria by which videos will be judged will not be bound by the particular type of freestyler (upper/lower body or whatever.) So in a sense it will be more about observation and comparison rather than if you 'like the video' or not.
Owen4ever wrote:and there should be threads concerning many of these rounds, qualities, videos or whatever so the judges and the public can discuss the videos, discuss the judges' decisions, offer some contributions for the judges making their decision and other judges as well, etc. etc. etc.
Sure, we could have a section for that stuff. By the way, someone (Ivan, I think) pointed out that competition entrants should not be allowed to judge. Personally, I'm kind of split on this as the freestylers would probably make more competent judges. But I don't know, maybe we should have a vote.
Owen4ever wrote:where are you expert?
What's up with this video link? Do you want to submit the video to the freestyle section or something?

Owen4ever
Veteran Member

Post by Owen4ever » 17 Oct 2005, 04:43

expert wrote:Sorry about the delay, here it goes:
Owen4ever wrote:and for each time a judge votes or rates a video they should be obliged to make a detailed explanation of their choices and if the admin considers the explanation to be rather inadequate (example: "good video") the admin should have the choice of making it so that that vote shouldn't count. the admin should also consider whether the judges are being biased or not to see if they are worthy of contributing to the judging of the competition (for example one could say this video is better because it has lower moves that i like which would not be suitable or if a judge purposely puts another video down and says it sucks because they want their video to win that would not be suitable).
As I said earlier, in each round the judges would have to answer a couple of very specific questions about the videos that would help in rating them. The questions/criteria by which videos will be judged will not be bound by the particular type of freestyler (upper/lower body or whatever.) So in a sense it will be more about observation and comparison rather than if you 'like the video' or not.
Owen4ever wrote:and there should be threads concerning many of these rounds, qualities, videos or whatever so the judges and the public can discuss the videos, discuss the judges' decisions, offer some contributions for the judges making their decision and other judges as well, etc. etc. etc.
Sure, we could have a section for that stuff. By the way, someone (Ivan, I think) pointed out that competition entrants should not be allowed to judge. Personally, I'm kind of split on this as the freestylers would probably make more competent judges. But I don't know, maybe we should have a vote.
Owen4ever wrote:where are you expert?
What's up with this video link? Do you want to submit the video to the freestyle section or something?
i think we'd get better judging with freestylers as judges. if normal ppl vote they wouldn't know what they're talking about.

and the link is just so ppl see my video. dunno why, i just did it cuz i saw other ppl doing that on diff forums :P

Owen4ever
Veteran Member

Post by Owen4ever » 28 Oct 2005, 23:30

hey expert, i was just wondering, do you have to use the logo as shown in the link with all the diff logos on the same page? because i have finished my video and it has the logo with the ball behind it and i am not sure if that is acceptable. please reply asap.

EDIT:

and i also wanted to ask, how do i send in a clip that is larger than 10 mb? mine came out to be 19 mb.

prtglsoccerfan22

Post by prtglsoccerfan22 » 29 Oct 2005, 00:51

email it to him at:
http://www.expertfootball.com/join/staff.php
if you want, can you email it to me so i can take a look at it too? lol
prtglsoccerfan22@gmail.com
-Marcus-

supersyed
Veteran Member

Post by supersyed » 29 Oct 2005, 22:10

Hey yo, im having serious problems uploading my clip. I tried uploading it in the 'apply' section, but it failed 3 times. It kept saying, 'unable to copy to server', and that i should email it 2 the web master. I tried that 2 but my clip is 2 big 2 be uploaded by my email, which sux coz its only bout 3,5 megs. So I was wondering, could I rather upload it in the ' Got videos' section, and from there it could be enterd in the EFFC. If not , what should I do?
Too much power.
www.soccerfreaks.co.nr

Owen4ever
Veteran Member

Post by Owen4ever » 29 Oct 2005, 22:15

my file is too big for the apply section and i am having serious problems emailing the entry. couldn't we just upload to yousendit or vimeo or whatever and show you the link on the forums expert? maybe some pm's would do?

prtglsoccerfan22

Post by prtglsoccerfan22 » 30 Oct 2005, 04:53

supersyed wrote:Hey yo, im having serious problems uploading my clip. I tried uploading it in the 'apply' section, but it failed 3 times. It kept saying, 'unable to copy to server', and that i should email it 2 the web master. I tried that 2 but my clip is 2 big 2 be uploaded by my email, which sux coz its only bout 3,5 megs. So I was wondering, could I rather upload it in the ' Got videos' section, and from there it could be enterd in the EFFC. If not , what should I do?
yes, you can upload it to the Got Video's section and then in a comment, say what the video is for.
Owen4ever wrote:my file is too big for the apply section and i am having serious problems emailing the entry. couldn't we just upload to yousendit or vimeo or whatever and show you the link on the forums expert? maybe some pm's would do?
yeah, you can do that, and then I'll just upload it or expert will upload it to the server. it may take a while but I can leave it uploading it all day. just send a link to either or both of us so we can download it.
-Marcus-

supersyed
Veteran Member

Post by supersyed » 30 Oct 2005, 09:08

prtglsoccerfan22 wrote:
supersyed wrote:Hey yo, im having serious problems uploading my clip. I tried uploading it in the 'apply' section, but it failed 3 times. It kept saying, 'unable to copy to server', and that i should email it 2 the web master. I tried that 2 but my clip is 2 big 2 be uploaded by my email, which sux coz its only bout 3,5 megs. So I was wondering, could I rather upload it in the ' Got videos' section, and from there it could be enterd in the EFFC. If not , what should I do?
yes, you can upload it to the Got Video's section and then in a comment, say what the video is for.
Owen4ever wrote:my file is too big for the apply section and i am having serious problems emailing the entry. couldn't we just upload to yousendit or vimeo or whatever and show you the link on the forums expert? maybe some pm's would do?
yeah, you can do that, and then I'll just upload it or expert will upload it to the server. it may take a while but I can leave it uploading it all day. just send a link to either or both of us so we can download it.
Ok sweet, gonna do that strait away.
Too much power.
www.soccerfreaks.co.nr

expert
Site Admin

Post by expert » 30 Oct 2005, 18:37

Yes, listen to prtglsoccerfan22. All the videos are handled manually so it doesn't really matter how you send them in.
Anyway, I got both of your clips (O4E and Syed) so no need to worry.

supersyed
Veteran Member

Post by supersyed » 31 Oct 2005, 18:13

expert wrote:Yes, listen to prtglsoccerfan22. All the videos are handled manually so it doesn't really matter how you send them in.
Anyway, I got both of your clips (O4E and Syed) so no need to worry.
Ok, thats sweet, thanx.
Too much power.
www.soccerfreaks.co.nr

supersyed
Veteran Member

Post by supersyed » 05 Nov 2005, 18:27

I think rather than randomly choosing freestylers to judge, you should rather Have a panel of say 10 judges, and these judges would have to members who apply for the position for being judge. Because I wouldnt really want to judge, but im sure other members would want the priveledge, what you think?
Too much power.
www.soccerfreaks.co.nr

Ivan
Veteran Member

Post by Ivan » 05 Nov 2005, 18:32

supersyed wrote:I think rather than randomly choosing freestylers to judge, you should rather Have a panel of say 10 judges, and these judges would have to members who apply for the position for being judge. Because I wouldnt really want to judge, but im sure other members would want the priveledge, what you think?
I agree but i think expert already did that like the usergrup FREESTYLERS are all judgees right?

Owen4ever
Veteran Member

Post by Owen4ever » 05 Nov 2005, 22:34

i for one would love to judge. i think i can give fair unbiased opinions on all the videos in the competition.

Tierney

Post by Tierney » 06 Nov 2005, 11:02

Im still not sure whether or not a judge can be a contestant, can they???