Rules of the competition

The Expert Football Freestyle Contest is a competition for the best user-submitted video clip
prtglsoccerfan22

Post by prtglsoccerfan22 » 06 Nov 2005, 13:10

I am not sure about the rules on this.
But my personal opinion is, yes. But we should have a certain amount of active, qualified, judges for the whole thing. I think the usergroup "freestylers" are way too populated for all of them to judge and I do not think they are all qualified to judge. Expert should select say...10 people and they will judge the whole thing. And then on the event of a tie, expert has the final say.
-Marcus-

Tierney

Post by Tierney » 06 Nov 2005, 21:12

I think 10 judges is too many because there would be too many opinions to listen to for every video. 5 judges is just enough I think. And with 5 judges there could be no ties..for example, 3 judges prefer one video to the other 2 judges choice, so therefore majority rules.
Just my opinion, but I'm concerned that the rules havent been ironed out earlier.....the competition is in 9 days people.

Ivan
Veteran Member

Post by Ivan » 06 Nov 2005, 21:49

I think expert shud make the rules for the judges and quikly so he has time to pick them and i don like the idea of contestants being judges but its experts choice.

Owen4ever
Veteran Member

Post by Owen4ever » 06 Nov 2005, 22:19

i think i came closest to setting fair and just rules that could be unbiased, not confusing, and in general great on the second page. well, i thought it was. i am still waiting to see if expert likes the general idea of it or not.