Rules of the competition

The Expert Football Freestyle Contest is a competition for the best user-submitted video clip
expert
Site Admin

Rules of the competition

Post by expert » 09 Oct 2005, 03:12

EFFC is a competition for the best user-submitted freestyle video clip.

Freestylers
1.Deadline for all application entries is November 15.
2.Each freestyler can only submit one video.
3.To prevent users from submitting movies which don't belong to them, make sure your clip displays the EFFC logo.
4.EFFC is only open to freestylers already featured on our web site. If you don't have a clip published in our freestyle section, you need to send one in prior to entering the contest.

Judging
1.The winner will receive a completely black ball with a skull and bones design courtesy of expertfootball.com
2.The videos will be judged by a usergroup of freestylers from our forum.

COMPETITION FORMAT & DETAILS TBA
Last edited by expert on 23 Jul 2015, 05:07, edited 6 times in total.
Reason: removed broken link

Tierney

Post by Tierney » 10 Oct 2005, 16:04

Great idea, i'll probably be a judge cos i wont be good enough to win. Still, this will spice things up around here!!!!!!!!!

Kevin

Post by Kevin » 10 Oct 2005, 18:01

good to see a competition here to, will this be done regulary or only once ? cause it would be a good alternative for the ssd competition (as most of us know, it stinks) ...

Owen4ever
Veteran Member

Post by Owen4ever » 10 Oct 2005, 19:20

i think this is a very interesting and great idea. although the prize looks questionable if ya get what i mean... but it'll be a great idea indeed. the ssd competition sucks because you don't know who's voting and by what basis and usually the deserving winners don't win. hopefully the judging here will be better than that ;)

expert
Site Admin

Post by expert » 10 Oct 2005, 19:53

Kevin wrote:will this be done regulary or only once ?
Let's see how it goes. Maybe we can do it every two months or so.
Owen4ever wrote:although the prize looks questionable if ya get what i mean...
Maybe in a few years if the site starts making real money we could have a better prize like an original Roteiro. Until then, that's all you biatches get for free. 8)
Owen4ever wrote:hopefully the judging here will be better than that ;)
Me and yung-ital were contemplating the exact format of the competition. So far we came up with this:

I.Preliminary stage
All videos are placed one large pool. Judges vote which ones advance until let's say 16 are left.
II.Knockout stage
The 16 vidoes are randomly paired up and face off in direct elimination vote/critique, until 8 are left, then 4, and finally 2.

Looking forward to other suggestions.

prtglsoccerfan22

Post by prtglsoccerfan22 » 10 Oct 2005, 19:57

expert wrote: I.Preliminary stage
All videos are placed one large pool. Judges vote which ones advance until let's say 16 are left.
II.Knockout stage
The 16 vidoes are randomly paired up and face off in direct elimination vote/critique, until 8 are left, then 4, and finally 2.

sounds good. if we get that many entries then it should work. you'll need to see how many particapants will submit before you can come up with any hardcore system. you could only allow a certain amount of submittions but not with this small community yet. maybe if it gets more popular and more active. like the general idea though.
-Marcus-

Owen4ever
Veteran Member

Post by Owen4ever » 10 Oct 2005, 19:57

expert wrote:
Owen4ever wrote:although the prize looks questionable if ya get what i mean...
Maybe in a few years if the site starts making real money we could have a better prize like an original Roteiro. Until then, that's all you biatches get for free. 8)
Owen4ever wrote:hopefully the judging here will be better than that ;)
Me and yung-ital were contemplating the exact format of the competition. So far we came up with this:

I.Preliminary stage
II.Knockout stage

hahaha, ok... it's not a bad prize it's just that the design isn't normally what you'd find on a football :roll: a question though... are there any informations on the ball? of it's qualities and such?

and the format of the competition looks cool enough but are we going through ALL that with just one videos each? :roll:

expert
Site Admin

Post by expert » 10 Oct 2005, 20:07

Owen4ever wrote:hahaha, ok... it's not a bad prize it's just that the design isn't normally what you'd find on a football :roll: a question though... are there any informations on the ball? of it's qualities and such?
It's the one you see on the logo and the main page. I'll add a decription of it later.
Owen4ever wrote:and the format of the competition looks cool enough but are we going through ALL that with just one videos each? :roll:
Yeah, that's what I'm concerned about. It would get repetitive to review one video over and over. How about, we pin the videos 1v1 in direct elemination right from the start BUT:
1st round they're only judged according to originality
2nd round they're only judged according to complexity of the tricks
3rd round they're only judged according to technique
4th round they're only judged according to entertainment value
and so on and so on

Owen4ever
Veteran Member

Post by Owen4ever » 10 Oct 2005, 20:42

expert wrote:
Owen4ever wrote:and the format of the competition looks cool enough but are we going through ALL that with just one videos each? :roll:
Yeah, that's what I'm concerned about. It would get repetitive to review one video over and over. How about, we pin the videos 1v1 in direct elemination right from the start BUT:
1st round they're only judged according to originality
2nd round they're only judged according to complexity of the tricks
3rd round they're only judged according to technique
4th round they're only judged according to entertainment value
and so on and so on
i still see a problem with that. if that IS how we're going to do this then there will be some videos that are amazing for complexity of the tricks for example but with little originality that would get knocked out form the 1st round. or videos with great entertainment value but little complexity of tricks that would get knocked out early. sorry to criticize but i see that as a big problem...

Tierney

Post by Tierney » 10 Oct 2005, 21:45

Can you enter more than one video for the competition?

Owen4ever
Veteran Member

Post by Owen4ever » 10 Oct 2005, 23:04

Tierney wrote:Can you enter more than one video for the competition?
it specifically says each freestyler can only submit ONE video

prtglsoccerfan22

Post by prtglsoccerfan22 » 10 Oct 2005, 23:06

Owen4ever wrote:
Tierney wrote:Can you enter more than one video for the competition?
it specifically says each freestyler can only submit ONE video
lol. he never reads things through.
-Marcus-

expert
Site Admin

Post by expert » 11 Oct 2005, 03:10

Owen4ever wrote:i still see a problem with that. if that IS how we're going to do this then there will be some videos that are amazing for complexity of the tricks for example but with little originality that would get knocked out form the 1st round. or videos with great entertainment value but little complexity of tricks that would get knocked out early. sorry to criticize but i see that as a big problem...
I agree, but we shouldn't have more than 2-3 rounds or it would take forever. Plus reviewing the same vid over and over in the same way would be boring.
I think it's best to stick to the "beauty pageant" format where all the videos are given points in different categories like complexity, originality, etc... To keep things more exciting the top 4 clips could then advance to a semi-final knock-out and a final.

J
Admin

Post by J » 11 Oct 2005, 03:34

Owen4ever wrote: although the prize looks questionable if ya get what i mean...
Wow...Lol. You want to win money or something???Go enter a LIVE competition if your so concerned with the prize!!!!!!!!

Owen4ever
Veteran Member

Post by Owen4ever » 11 Oct 2005, 05:12

J wrote:
Owen4ever wrote: although the prize looks questionable if ya get what i mean...
Wow...Lol. You want to win money or something???Go enter a LIVE competition if your so concerned with the prize!!!!!!!!
i would enter one if i could find any around where i live :roll: