Iraq beats the Auzzies!

Talk about football in the AFC, CAF, CONCACAF, CONMEBOL and the rest of the World
thisisdard
Veteran Member

Iraq beats the Auzzies!

Post by thisisdard » 15 Jul 2007, 17:01

What an upset! didnt see the game but i heard it on the news. Iraq 3 Australia 1. What in the world? And to think Australia fought against the eventual World Cup winners Italy. :shock:

The Iraqis could not believe the match result either and went crazy on the streets.

adnankhan
Veteran Member

Post by adnankhan » 16 Jul 2007, 21:50

iraq was really good i saw the game i d say Australian defense was suck

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 17 Jul 2007, 17:31

Back to the Oceania group with 'em.

Just cos they can beat American Samoa 31-0 doesn't mean they are actually any good.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

Post by Real_Zidane » 17 Jul 2007, 20:26

ratherton wrote:Back to the Oceania group with 'em.

Just cos they can beat American Samoa 31-0 doesn't mean they are actually any good.

Hahah yeah that game was a joke. For anyone who hasn't seen that, here's the game.

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Post by gnarlyjim » 18 Jul 2007, 00:47

Great post, Ratherton!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 18 Jul 2007, 08:30

Did I get the score right?? That was just off the top of my head, I knew it was something embarrassing.

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

belija91
Veteran Member

Post by belija91 » 18 Jul 2007, 08:39

I watched the game and Iraq play very good, they hold posession and play accurate low-touch football and have some skillfull players. Not to mention all the politics involved in the Iraqi team, the pressure was on and they wanted to win 10x more than the aussies. I heard from my Iraqi friend that some of the players they have were offered contracts in Europe for big teams such as Lyon, but can't leave because of politics, family etc. It was an upset although this is a new and young Australian squad and are not use to playing together. They still have a good chance of winning the Asian cup though, only real threat would be Japan.
What the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 18 Jul 2007, 08:52

belija91 wrote:I watched the game and Iraq play very good, they hold posession and play accurate low-touch football and have some skillfull players. Not to mention all the politics involved in the Iraqi team, the pressure was on and they wanted to win 10x more than the aussies. I heard from my Iraqi friend that some of the players they have were offered contracts in Europe for big teams such as Lyon, but can't leave because of politics, family etc. It was an upset although this is a new and young Australian squad and are not use to playing together. They still have a good chance of winning the Asian cup though, only real threat would be Japan.
Don't make excuses for Australia - Emerton, Viduka, Neill, Schwarzer and Cahill all played.

belija91
Veteran Member

Post by belija91 » 18 Jul 2007, 09:11

I'm not making excuses for Australia, I'm stating facts. As soon as you hear the name Iraq, you automatically assume they're crap and there not. It's a shamefull loss, Australia played like sh*t and Iraq played good. Iraq was better that night. You should watch the game before you critisize because I thought Iraq would lose aswell but they are not a bad team.

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 18 Jul 2007, 11:21

It was an upset although this is a new and young Australian squad and are not use to playing together.

This is what you said and it clearly isn't accurate as the shackle draggers had at least 5 of their established Premiership players involved. Hardly new, young or not used to playing together.

belija91
Veteran Member

Post by belija91 » 18 Jul 2007, 13:07

maybe I over-exaggurated earlier with that response but you can't you make those judgement's when you haven't watched the game. I think my response is more valid then yours since I watched the whole game and I am not being bias about it. I know who is in the Australian squad more than you. Many of the players are still there but there are many new players too for eg. Mark Milligan and more inexperienced players. It's not a matter of making excuses for our humiliating loss, I'm trying to say that this squad is not the WC squad.

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 19 Jul 2007, 07:08

Fair enough

But there does seem to be a general attitude in football that when crap teams get results, people start to churn out excuses "we didn't have our full side", "there are no easy games" etc

Its all rubbish and excuses for under achievements and I'm not putting up with any of it as its all I hear from the Ginger Sven when England are shite.

The Aussie coach had it right - he said that a number of the players weren't interested in being there. They wanted to be on holiday instead.

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Post by gnarlyjim » 19 Jul 2007, 15:01

ratherton wrote:The Aussie coach had it right - he said that a number of the players weren't interested in being there. They wanted to be on holiday instead.
Good on him for telling it like it is. National team duty is no longer a priority to a lot of players and I think that's crap. In my opinion, it would be great to see players battling as hard as they could just because they want to make their country proud. That only happens once every four years now.

Saibomb
Veteran Member

Post by Saibomb » 20 Jul 2007, 01:09

Real_Zidane wrote:

Hahah yeah that game was a joke. For anyone who hasn't seen that, here's the game.
You'd think they'd have some mercy on those guys but man...

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 20 Jul 2007, 04:22

Saibomb wrote:
Real_Zidane wrote:

You'd think they'd have some mercy on those guys but man...
...and I thought Chile scoring 4 against Nigeria in extra time of the U-20 WC was harsh! :shock:

Haha, yeah I actually remember hearing about that game. They must have been proud. :)
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin