Future of African Soccer

Talk about football in the AFC, CAF, CONCACAF, CONMEBOL and the rest of the World

Is there a future for soccer in Africa?

Yes
82%
No
18%

Total votes: 17

thrillboy
Veteran Member

Future of African Soccer

Post by thrillboy » 30 Jun 2007, 21:18

Is there a future in africa for soccer? All of the good players like Eto'o, Drogba, and numerous others are going to the EPL, Liga, and European football in general.
Procrastination is like masterbation, it feels good at first, but in the end youre just f'ing yourself. :lol:

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

Post by mpcarres14 » 01 Jul 2007, 02:35

Sure. There is so much talent in Africa, and now there are actually strong teams. For example, I'm sure that if the Ivory Coast were in a different group at the WC, they would have gone to at least the quarter-finals. However, a good deal of governing must be applied to eliminate the corruption in the federations, and the age-changing must stop.

God damn brewery!!!

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

Post by Real_Zidane » 01 Jul 2007, 17:38

Yeah, they develop some great players, but their leagues are complete crap.

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Post by gnarlyjim » 01 Jul 2007, 19:34

I think if African Countries such as Ivory Coast develop their players a little better they could definitely be World Cup winners.

TH14
Veteran Member

Post by TH14 » 01 Jul 2007, 22:04

There are plenty of highly talented African footballers out there. The ones that get recognized and discovered end up coming to Europe anyways. But the local Africans that do get left behind pretty much have no hope. With parts of the African society being so bad, it is hard for some of them to become successful players. As long as they can develop their leagues or just do more with their national teams then there is a good chance that some of the native African footballers that were gifted with talent will make the African leagues stand out more. Plus, I think the WC 2010 will help them out and somewhat put them on the map. There is definitely hope.
Credit to keller8

"Arsenal will always be in my heart, my blood, my head." - Thierry Henry

Flyingmoose
Veteran Member

Post by Flyingmoose » 01 Jul 2007, 22:09

Yes. As long as they could maintain peace there we would see a huge increase of remarkable players coming out of African countries.

TH14
Veteran Member

Post by TH14 » 01 Jul 2007, 22:21

Flyingmoose wrote:Yes. As long as they could maintain peace there we would see a huge increase of remarkable players coming out of African countries.
Agreed. They need to achieve and maintain some peace and get rid of all the genocide. It's so horrible what is going on over there and I feel so bad for the innocent people that are having their dreams, of maybe even becoming a world class footballer, ruined and demolished.
Credit to keller8

thrillboy
Veteran Member

Post by thrillboy » 02 Jul 2007, 00:13

So the thing that is holding back african soccer is the corruption in the country and the crappy leagues?
Procrastination is like masterbation, it feels good at first, but in the end youre just f'ing yourself. :lol:

TH14
Veteran Member

Post by TH14 » 02 Jul 2007, 02:38

thrillboy wrote:So the thing that is holding back african soccer is the corruption in the country and the crappy leagues?
Uhm, yes. How could crappy leagues in Africa not hold back African football?
Credit to keller8

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

Post by mpcarres14 » 02 Jul 2007, 04:13

Well, a crappy league in Colombia almost produced a world class squad in the early nineties. Greece has a poor domestic league, yet they won Euro 2004. I don't think that it's the leagues that is holding the teams back, as the majority of the players on these national teams are snapped up by French, Belgian, or Portuguese squads at very young ages, and they are therefore able to come up in decent leagues. The problem to me is truly the farcical manner in which these federations are run. This must be fixed and more organization must be established before Africa will truly dominate.

God damn brewery!!!

TH14
Veteran Member

Post by TH14 » 02 Jul 2007, 04:20

mpcarres14 wrote:Well, a crappy league in Colombia almost produced a world class squad in the early nineties. Greece has a poor domestic league, yet they won Euro 2004. I don't think that it's the leagues that is holding the teams back, as the majority of the players on these national teams are snapped up by French, Belgian, or Portuguese squads at very young ages, and they are therefore able to come up in decent leagues. The problem to me is truly the farcical manner in which these federations are run. This must be fixed and more organization must be established before Africa will truly dominate.
Oh we're talking about national teams? I thought we were talking about club teams in Africa. Some African countries have pretty good teams and I know that. I just thought we weren't talking about the national teams?
Credit to keller8

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

Post by *~El Maestro~* » 03 Jul 2007, 02:18

Less corruption, developing stadiums, developing better leagues, and there needs to be less age changing as well. All the money that goes to the different federations arent always used well, and we need to improve the leagues too because there are alot of talented guys here who dont make it to Europe because they dont have the means or are simply unlucky.