USA vs. Canada

Talk about football in the AFC, CAF, CONCACAF, CONMEBOL and the rest of the World
scene

hey

Post by scene » 21 Jun 2007, 17:38

like i said mexico fans can talk but you havent won sh*t. win the gold cup and post your sh*t until then dont say anything because mexico isnt as good as the US.[/b]

Middleman13
Veteran Member

Post by Middleman13 » 22 Jun 2007, 01:03

USA 1-2
GO Donavan!!
Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you will die today.

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Post by gnarlyjim » 22 Jun 2007, 01:12

Was the penalty deserved? I didn't see the game because I had a game myself.

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 22 Jun 2007, 01:14

Yea, Beasley took it around the keeper and the keeper extended his arms and took him down.
Click it

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Post by gnarlyjim » 22 Jun 2007, 01:16

Alright, fair enough. I can't say I'm not disappointed, but I think that's a decent result for Canada. A lot of people probably wrote us off before the game even happened, but I am proud we went out there and stuck close.

soccerdude510

Post by soccerdude510 » 22 Jun 2007, 01:40

canada got robbed bocanegra deserved a red card it wasnt a penalty...in the last minute canada scored a goal it clearly wasnt off-sides...the bad part was that the referee is a ref in the mexican league canada should report his ass..stupid ref

Middleman13
Veteran Member

Post by Middleman13 » 22 Jun 2007, 01:58

yea shouldove went to exttra time
Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you will die today.

J
Admin

Post by J » 22 Jun 2007, 02:00

soccerdude510 wrote:canada got robbed bocanegra deserved a red card it wasnt a penalty...in the last minute canada scored a goal it clearly wasnt off-sides...the bad part was that the referee is a ref in the mexican league canada should report his ass..stupid ref

When Canada scored that last goal, it was about the 5th minute of stopage time, when there was only 4 minutes given. So that whole play shouldn't have even taken place. :wink:

Beasly being taken down in the box was DEFINITELY a penalty. It was very obvious in the replay.

The U.S deserve to be in the final no doubt. Great run by Canada though. They looked impressive at times today.

AMacK7

Post by AMacK7 » 22 Jun 2007, 02:06

I obviously wanted Canada to win, because I am Canadian eh, but I only ever thought we had a slim chance. I don't think losing 2-1 is too bad for Canada though.

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

Post by FCBarcelona » 22 Jun 2007, 04:30

FCBarcelona wrote:Mexico will win the tourny, this game will be close i'd say 2-1 for US. World stage both countries are poor.
Glad to report I got it right :D
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

soccerdude510

Post by soccerdude510 » 22 Jun 2007, 05:23

J wrote:
soccerdude510 wrote:canada got robbed bocanegra deserved a red card it wasnt a penalty...in the last minute canada scored a goal it clearly wasnt off-sides...the bad part was that the referee is a ref in the mexican league canada should report his ass..stupid ref

Beasly being taken down in the box was DEFINITELY a penalty. It was very obvious in the replay.

yea i saw some replays of it and it was but...man the ref should have gave a strriaght red to bocanegra for a sliding tackle that made julio de guzman do a front or back flip dat sent him down hard...if the ref would have gave him a red card usa would have lost..the goal hejduck scored was luck and the penalty was bull duckie from donavan...i dont think donavan is good when demarcus beasly took the goalie and the last defense he passed to ball to donavon and he completly missed the ball donavan sucks.....on the bright side did any one see the goal that Pavel Pardo made for mexico? it was a complete beauty i want mexico to win the cup
Viva Mexico lets win the "Copa America"

Viva Mexico lets win the "Copa America"

credit to Solid0Snake for making this sig

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 22 Jun 2007, 05:31

soccerdude510 wrote:yea i saw some replays of it and it was but...man the ref should have gave a strriaght red to bocanegra for a sliding tackle that made julio de guzman do a front or back flip dat sent him down hard...if the ref would have gave him a red card usa would have lost..the goal hejduck scored was luck and the penalty was bull duckie from donavan...i dont think donavan is good when demarcus beasly took the goalie and the last defense he passed to ball to donavon and he completly missed the ball donavan sucks.....on the bright side did any one see the goal that Pavel Pardo made for mexico? it was a complete beauty i want mexico to win the cup
That might be the most biased thing I've ever read on here. You just say things but don't back it up at all. How can you possibly say that Hejduk's goal was luck? Do you have a reason for that? Or is it just becuase you are biased against the USA? Bocanegra's challenge was mis-timed, that's all. He didn't mean to take him out, he was just late on the tackle. Yellow=reckless, red=malicious- I think the referee got it right. And what was wrong with Donovan's penalty? He correctly anticipated the keeper guessing so he put it down the middle. It seemed like a smart play to me.
Click it

J
Admin

Post by J » 22 Jun 2007, 07:26

soccerdude510 wrote:the goal hejduck scored was luck and the penalty was bull duckie from donavan...
The goal Hejduk scored was luck?!?!? :shock:

What are you smokin? :lol:

That goal was a thing of beauty. Great lay off from Donaovan and Hejduk finished it beautifully. And Donovan's penalty was very well taken and the pnealty was deserved.

Bocenegra's foul could have been a red card, but it was boderline. It was a mis-timed tackle. It's not like he was puposely tryng to take him down, you could see in the replay he went for the ball. Now Bradely's was a deserved red card :lol:

Like ajc said, you sound very biased when you talk about this.. :lol:

megakid1234

Post by megakid1234 » 22 Jun 2007, 10:47

Ouch Canada = Unlucky
Ronaldinho:I have the chance to do for a living what I like the most in life, and that's playing football. I can make people happy and enjoy myself at the same time.”

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Post by gnarlyjim » 22 Jun 2007, 13:33

J wrote: Bocenegra's foul could have been a red card, but it was boderline. It was a mis-timed tackle. It's not like he was puposely tryng to take him down, you could see in the replay he went for the ball. Now Bradely's was a deserved red card :lol:
Nah, Bocenegra didn't deserve a red. Yellow was the right call. People only think it should have been a red because De Guzman did a front flip. That was actually the coolest thing in the entire game. :lol:

Bradely's was a red card challenge for sure. No doubt. He wanted to do that... it was perfectly timed. :lol:

Anyway, one last thing about the Bocenegra tackle. If you watch the video they are both coming with pace, that's why De Guzman flies, and Bocenegra would have gotten the ball with his shin if De Guzman hadn't passed it away. Yellow card is correct.

Also, I really think that Canada's last goal should've counted. I watched the replay over and over. I guess things like that happen, but it really hurts when you lose a game like that. Even if it had went to extra time and then Canada had lost, I could at least accept that. A fair loss, I can live with that, but losing like that... ouch.