USA vs. Canada

Talk about football in the AFC, CAF, CONCACAF, CONMEBOL and the rest of the World
J
Admin

Post by J » 19 Jun 2007, 07:30

rzadzinski wrote:Yes, beating Canada would sure be a breakthrough! :roll: :lol:
:lol:

With all due respect to Canada though, they have gotten better it seems. I never really saw them play that much in the past though so it's hard to compare. They have scored some fine goals this tournement though.

The U.S doing well in this tournement doesn't really prove all that much, especially playing on their home ground with the comfort of home. They beat most of these teams in qualifying for the world cup, and this region just isn't strong at all in terms of competiton. It has gotten somewhat better though.

The U.S doing well in Copa America will be a much bigger success. Much stronger competiton, and in a much rougher enviornment, where the U.S isn't exactly a fan favorite :lol: . Looking forward to see how we compete there though.

Hugh
Veteran Member

Post by Hugh » 19 Jun 2007, 14:08

I definitely don't want to see a Mexico USA final, I think that'll just end up like a Man U Chelsea game. I'd like to see either Canada or Guataloupe in the final, preferably Canada of course...

J, are you back now? You've been gone for months!

soccerdude510

Post by soccerdude510 » 19 Jun 2007, 22:30

nombrile wrote:Well iM the 1st canadian here :D . I don't know much about canada national team because we never won anything and there is not a lot of tv games. I suppose usa will win because if they can get in a world cup and we can't they are better. but the quarter final vs haiti (not a strong team BUT... :lol: ) we played for the 1st time like a team. anyway even if US are better I hope canada will win their 1st trophy in anything (I think)

GO CANADA GO!!!

No Canada has won the gold cup in 2000.... against i believe ecuador or colombia but they won it in a close game but i want either canada or mexico to just kill usa and win the cup

Hugh wrote:I definitely don't want to see a Mexico USA final, I think that'll just end up like a Man U Chelsea game. I'd like to see either Canada or Guataloupe in the final, preferably Canada of course...

me neither i would prefer Canada vs Mexico...i believe mexico has it made because they are going against guadaloupe..althought mexico have been looking a bit shaky its all good because we are missing our star player rafa marquez..and usa has their peice of sh*t white washed motherfu**er of donavon and bocanegra..the only reason they play with the usa is that they arent good enougth to compete with the mexicans :evil:

LET"S GO CANADA BEAT USA AND LET"S GO MEXICO LET JUST WIN THE CUP LOL
Viva Mexico lets win the "Copa America"

Viva Mexico lets win the "Copa America"

credit to Solid0Snake for making this sig

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

Post by Zlatan5 » 19 Jun 2007, 22:35

soccerdude510 wrote:
nombrile wrote:Well iM the 1st canadian here :D . I don't know much about canada national team because we never won anything and there is not a lot of tv games. I suppose usa will win because if they can get in a world cup and we can't they are better. but the quarter final vs haiti (not a strong team BUT... :lol: ) we played for the 1st time like a team. anyway even if US are better I hope canada will win their 1st trophy in anything (I think)

GO CANADA GO!!!

No Canada has won the gold cup in 2000.... against i believe ecuador or colombia but they won it in a close game but i want either canada or mexico to just kill usa and win the cup

Hugh wrote:I definitely don't want to see a Mexico USA final, I think that'll just end up like a Man U Chelsea game. I'd like to see either Canada or Guataloupe in the final, preferably Canada of course...

me neither i would prefer Canada vs Mexico...i believe mexico has it made because they are going against guadaloupe..althought mexico have been looking a bit shaky its all good because we are missing our star player rafa marquez..and usa has their peice of sh*t white washed motherfu**er of donavon and bocanegra..the only reason they play with the usa is that they arent good enougth to compete with the mexicans :evil:

Mexico is garbage, they couldn't even beat USA. Last I checked Donavon was the one scoring on mexico during that friendly a few months back. Mexico has one good player and you got it right its Rafa the rest are trash

soccerdude510

Post by soccerdude510 » 19 Jun 2007, 23:40

Zlatan5 wrote:
soccerdude510 wrote:

GO CANADA GO!!!

Mexico is garbage, they couldn't even beat USA. Last I checked Donavon was the one scoring on mexico during that friendly a few months back. Mexico has one good player and you got it right its Rafa the rest are trash

i dont know about you but last time i checked mexico is one of the teams that makes it every four years to the world cup....have we won any world cups? no we havent yet....and the last time i checked Brazil and Italy couldnt manage to beat us...what does that tell you and at the world cup Portugal barely managed to beat us cause we were a man down...and also the last time i checked at least half or more then half of the players mexico have played in europe or are still playing in europe and the last time i checked Ricardo Osorio and Pavel Pardo helped win the cup for Stuttgart in Germany,and Carlos Salcido helped PSV Eindhoven win their cup.....and yea Carlos Salcido,Pavel Pardo,Ricardo Osorio,Rafa Marquez,Giovanni Dos Santos,and Nery Castillo play in europe thats six players and now the ones that have played over there.... Cuathemoc Blanco,Jared Borghetti,and there is probably more....now the players who are getting offers from europe teams....Andres Guardado,Guillermo Ochoa,and Omar Bravo..yea i know that Giovanni Dos Santos was born in Brazil but why would he play with mexico and not Brazil?the answer is simple he know who is better

Hugh
Veteran Member

Post by Hugh » 20 Jun 2007, 00:01

soccerdude510 wrote:yea i know that Giovanni Dos Santos was born in Brazil but why would he play with mexico and not Brazil?the answer is simple he know who is better
Yeah... Or that Brazil turned him down...
Last edited by Hugh on 20 Jun 2007, 00:05, edited 2 times in total.

scene

hey

Post by scene » 20 Jun 2007, 00:04

all of you mexico fans can talk your trash, but in the end who has won all the recent matches between USA and Mexico? Not to mention mexico is barely winning their games in the Gold Cup which in all due respect doesnt even have strong competiton. SO i think you mexico fans should keep your mouth shuts till you start winning.

soccerdude510

Re: hey

Post by soccerdude510 » 20 Jun 2007, 00:15

Hugh wrote:
soccerdude510 wrote:yea i know that Giovanni Dos Santos was born in Brazil but why would he play with mexico and not Brazil?the answer is simple he know who is better

why would they have turned him down? he is playing for barcelona and he is going to start in their next season?

scene wrote:all of you mexico fans can talk your trash, but in the end who has won all the recent matches between USA and Mexico? Not to mention mexico is barely winning their games in the Gold Cup which in all due respect doesnt even have strong competiton. SO i think you mexico fans should keep your mouth shuts till you start winning.
does it matter that we are barely winning their games? as long as we keep making it to the world cup it dont matter that we loose :lol:

Hugh
Veteran Member

Post by Hugh » 20 Jun 2007, 00:19

soccerdude510 wrote:
Hugh wrote:

why would they have turned him down? he is playing for barcelona and he is going to start in their next season?
Same reason Canada turned down Owen Hargreaves, didn't think he was good enough. But then, he went on to play for England, kinda the opposite here isn't it?

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 20 Jun 2007, 00:25

Hugh wrote:
soccerdude510 wrote:
Hugh wrote: Yeah... Or that Brazil turned him down...

Same reason Canada turned down Owen Hargreaves, didn't think he was good enough. But then, he went on to play for England, kinda the opposite here isn't it?
...and that's why Canada is amazing. :roll: :lol:

Things like that can't happen around here anymore!
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

J
Admin

Post by J » 20 Jun 2007, 01:56

Hugh wrote:J, are you back now? You've been gone for months!
Months? :shock:

I have been pretty busy that past week or two, but other than that I have been around...

I just don't post as much as I used to in the old days of EF...I had much more time then :lol:

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

Post by Zlatan5 » 20 Jun 2007, 04:06

soccerdude510 wrote:
Zlatan5 wrote:
soccerdude510 wrote:

i dont know about you but last time i checked mexico is one of the teams that makes it every four years to the world cup....have we won any world cups? no we havent yet....and the last time i checked Brazil and Italy couldnt manage to beat us...what does that tell you and at the world cup Portugal barely managed to beat us cause we were a man down...and also the last time i checked at least half or more then half of the players mexico have played in europe or are still playing in europe and the last time i checked Ricardo Osorio and Pavel Pardo helped win the cup for Stuttgart in Germany,and Carlos Salcido helped PSV Eindhoven win their cup.....and yea Carlos Salcido,Pavel Pardo,Ricardo Osorio,Rafa Marquez,Giovanni Dos Santos,and Nery Castillo play in europe thats six players and now the ones that have played over there.... Cuathemoc Blanco,Jared Borghetti,and there is probably more....now the players who are getting offers from europe teams....Andres Guardado,Guillermo Ochoa,and Omar Bravo..yea i know that Giovanni Dos Santos was born in Brazil but why would he play with mexico and not Brazil?the answer is simple he know who is better
I'd like to thank for already stating the main fact, have Mexico won the world cup, answer is, NO!. Has Brazil and Italy,yes. For all we know they were both sand bagin against them. Like how France beat Italy after the World Cup, tell me why it happened maybe cause Italy didn't have anything to prove and me defending Italy is a rare thing as I hate those Cheating dirty ass WOPS.

J
Admin

Post by J » 20 Jun 2007, 06:46

soccerdude510 wrote:the only reason they play with the usa is that they arent good enougth to compete with the mexicans :evil:
:?

The reason they play on the U.S national team is because they were born and raised in the United States :lol:

And I wouldn't be talking all the smack you do considering the U.S has the better record agianst Mexico in recent years. Especially in the game that counted most, which was the round of 16 in the 2002 World Cup where the U.S knocked Mexico out...

And not to mention, soccer is Mexico's number one sport. Which is hardly the case in the U.S. It's like the 4th or 5th most popular sport in the U.S.... Mexico has it's best athletes going pro and investing in the sport from a young age. To be honest, Mexico should be easily beating the U.S everytime.

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 20 Jun 2007, 15:55

soo true J. also why would someone want to go play for Mexico. they play dirty. remember Oswaldo Sanchez after Donovan owned him in the "friendly"?

soccerdude510

Post by soccerdude510 » 20 Jun 2007, 18:04

cheating? yea since we score goals with our hands to win matches and fall and pretend we broke our foot?hello wake up i do admit italy france brazil portugal england and many other good euro teams are centuries better then mexico but were talking about mexico and usa here...ok soccer/football yea its a third or fourth string sport for usa ...but baseball is like a third string sport for mexico but hey we still beat usa in a tournament that the mlb did for countries..yea i agree mexico have been losing to the us...but when you have a 12th player on your team(the ref) you are always gonna win unless your a weak team