Club America Vs Chelsea game.

Talk about football in the AFC, CAF, CONCACAF, CONMEBOL and the rest of the World
cesar
Sophomore Member

Club America Vs Chelsea game.

Post by cesar » 29 May 2007, 06:01

Chelsea have announced they will play Mexican giants Club America in the first game of their pre-season tour to the United States West Coast.

The FA Cup winners will use the game, to be played on Saturday, July 14, at Stanford University's new 50,000-seat stadium in northern California, as a warm-up for the World Series of Football tournament in Los Angeles the following week.

That sees them play Korean side Suwon Bluewings and David Beckham's new team, LA Galaxy.

The tour will be Chelsea' fourth consecutive pre-season visit to the US and Jose Mourinho's squad will again train at the UCLA before heading to the Bay Area to take on Club America for the inaugural Disney Friendship Cup.

In a statement, Mourinho promised more new faces in his squad for the US tour.

'Club America is playing at a very high level right now and the match will be a true test for our team as we begin preparation for the new season,' the Chelsea boss said.

'The match will be a good chance for the fans to see our current squad along with new additions to our team as they make their Chelsea debuts.'

Chelsea business affairs director Paul Smith, in California to announce the Disney-sponsored match, outlined the commercial thinking behind the choice of venue and opponent.

'It's part of our development of corporate alliances in the US,' Smith said.

'The real objective is to have the right number of games for Jose and the team while we're in the States.'

Smith added Chelsea were committed to visiting the USA in alternate years following this summer's tour and said the club would take the World Series tournament format to New York in 2009, involving the New York Red Bulls, and then to Chicago in 2011 alongside the local MLS side Chicago Fire.

who will win? who will lose? lets just wait and see.

Evan
Veteran Member

Post by Evan » 30 May 2007, 02:59

I forget, will Becks be playing for LA in that game??? :shock:
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

Hugh
Veteran Member

Post by Hugh » 30 May 2007, 03:04

If Chelsea don't win every game in this year without a really good excuse then I'm officially a liverpool fan.

KPatel

Post by KPatel » 30 May 2007, 03:38

Hugh wrote:If Chelsea don't win every game in this year without a really good excuse then I'm officially a liverpool fan.
Sorry mate, but that's a bit shocking.

Hugh
Veteran Member

Post by Hugh » 30 May 2007, 03:41

KPatel wrote:
Hugh wrote:If Chelsea don't win every game in this year without a really good excuse then I'm officially a liverpool fan.
Sorry mate, but that's a bit shocking.
I've been leaning towards Liverpool a bit since about March ish, cos I like quite a few of their players, I'll admit I'm not a fan with very high integrity but I like the teams I'm supporting to be teams that get goals, and honestly, if the club I'm supporting loses to a north american club? That's terrible!

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 30 May 2007, 21:10

Its not possible to change the team you support unless you are a girl who fancies one of the players and then it didn't really count in the first place.

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

EnSoUl
Veteran Member

Post by EnSoUl » 01 Jun 2007, 21:51

just a bit off topic then, so who do you support ratherton
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime - Chinese Proverb

powell
English Meister

Post by powell » 01 Jun 2007, 21:55

EnSoUl wrote:just a bit off topic then, so who do you support ratherton
He supports ipswich in the coca-cola championship. Well atleast i think its him who does.

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Post by iwannagopro » 02 Jun 2007, 02:05

ratherton wrote:
Its not possible to change the team you support unless you are a girl who fancies one of the players and then it didn't really count in the first place.
Haha, you are so right Ratherton.

brian
New User

Post by brian » 03 Jun 2007, 02:58

Who do you think is really going too win. It's really not as easy as you think. Chelsea are not going to spent much this summer for a change. They may also lose Lampard. Who many do not like but he does freely score goals. Club America is also a pretty good squad.