D.C. United vs New England Revs

Talk about football in the AFC, CAF, CONCACAF, CONMEBOL and the rest of the World
ajc
The Philly Flyer

D.C. United vs New England Revs

Post by ajc » 03 May 2007, 22:22

I'm actually getting a little excited for this game. It's on ESPN2 tonight at 7 eastern time. This is an important match for DC. If they can play well and win it could finally get their season on the right track. I think they'll have trouble containing Twellman though. He just always seems to get goals. Does anyone remember the semi-final involving these two teams from a few years ago? (The Revs won on penalties after a 3-3 score) That was a great match, possibly some of the players will have that in the back of their minds.
Click it

J
Admin

Re: D.C. United vs New England Revs

Post by J » 04 May 2007, 02:48

ajc wrote: Does anyone remember the semi-final involving these two teams from a few years ago? (The Revs won on penalties after a 3-3 score)
DC ended up winning that game on Dempsey's missed penalty in the shootout. That was a great game though.

The game tonight was completely ruined by the ref. DC should have easily gotten the 3 points after Joseph was sent off (which was a horrible call :roll: ), but DC has no flank play at all :shock: they really are missing that part of their game, I think thats whats holding them back so far this year.

I'm very happy the Revs got out of there with a point. DC's awarded penalty was a horrible call too. The ref gave them that goal :roll: But Reis' save in the 90th minute was sick!! :shock:

The ref completely ruined that game overall though because that second half was shaping up to be a good one before that red card.

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 05 May 2007, 01:45

Yea I agree, the ref completely ruined that game. Joseph's foul warranting a red card was just ridiculous. Then the penalty decision was just as bad.

Oh, and my mistake on saying that New England won that 3-3 game. :wink:
Click it