What is wrong Dc united

Talk about football in the AFC, CAF, CONCACAF, CONMEBOL and the rest of the World
E10youngRonaldinho

What is wrong Dc united

Post by E10youngRonaldinho » 21 Apr 2007, 19:28

I think DC united has been playing poorly because of their Defense , what do you guys think there problem is ?
“God gives gifts to everyone, ... Some can write, some can dance. He gave me the skill to play football and I am making the most of it.”

[please use a sig no larger than 500x300]

ftbllrckr
Veteran Member

DC United

Post by ftbllrckr » 21 Apr 2007, 20:04

I agree. D.C has poor defense, their offense is decent, but Freddy Adu isn't making all the difference in the world. I say they need better players and some better coaching wouldn't hurt. After they get Beckham and if they get Zidane, L.A will be the powerhouse of the MLS. Sure, it's a lotta money, but it'll pay off later. Besides, somebody has to be the Chelsea of MLS.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 22 Apr 2007, 00:04

You mean the garbage can of the European Leagues. :wink:
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Post by iwannagopro » 22 Apr 2007, 00:32

rzadzinski wrote:You mean the garbage can of the European Leagues. :wink:
That is a great quote!

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 22 Apr 2007, 02:58

iwannagopro wrote:
rzadzinski wrote:You mean the garbage can of the European Leagues. :wink:
That is a great quote!
One more thing to add:

Do I smell NASL? :lol:
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 22 Apr 2007, 03:03

i think the problem is that peter novak is gone

ftbllrckr
Veteran Member

LOL

Post by ftbllrckr » 22 Apr 2007, 15:53

LOL, rzad. It's true though. Amazing players, but they are still struggling.

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

Re: DC United

Post by *~El Maestro~* » 22 Apr 2007, 16:30

ftbllrckr wrote:I agree. D.C has poor defense, their offense is decent, but Freddy Adu isn't making all the difference in the world. I say they need better players and some better coaching wouldn't hurt. After they get Beckham and if they get Zidane, L.A will be the powerhouse of the MLS. Sure, it's a lotta money, but it'll pay off later. Besides, somebody has to be the Chelsea of MLS.

I doubt that Zidane is going to L.A. Being the Chelsea of the MLS is not necesarily a good thing for football. I thought Adu was in Utah :? That shows how much i know about the mls.

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

Post by mpcarres14 » 22 Apr 2007, 16:50

He is in Utah. Good riddance to him, if there was ever an overrated, deadweight, arrogant player, it was him. His departure will be good for the team.

In regard to the earlier question, I'm not quite sure. I mean, I went to their home opener, and I honestly thought that they outplayed KC, but that their defending let them down. Their ball movement and such seemed much better, but they were just lacking that killer touch and of course they fell asleep four times. These were simply errors, and they should get ironed out over time. Moreno hasn't been dangerous as of yet, and it may take the new players like Emilio and Fred some time to settle in, but when they do, their attack should explode, as both players are top quality. In short, I just think that they are out of form, and that their true class will show soon.

God damn brewery!!!

J
Admin

Post by J » 22 Apr 2007, 17:44

I honestly don't think anything is wrong with DC. I think there is just much better competition in MLS this year.
They have also only played two games this year, so it's a bit quick to judge... :wink: they looked pretty good to me in the CONCACAF champions cup.