What MLS team do you cheer for?

Talk about football in the AFC, CAF, CONCACAF, CONMEBOL and the rest of the World
ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 11 Feb 2007, 10:23

I just had a quick look at the USL website and I see there is a team called "Crystal Palace"

http://www.uslsoccer.com/teams/2007/6188099.html

The colours and club badge are very similar to Crystal Palace in England. Does anyone know if Crystal Palace Baltimore also have an orange chairman, a supermarket next to the ground, obstructed views from the away section and over priced tickets ?

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 11 Feb 2007, 10:28

mufc21 wrote:personally i have given up on the MLS. I saw great things they could have done to make their league like the following:

1- bring in young players from south and central america and build their careers up
2- Join with the USL to make it have more than one division
3- Allow a couple more teams to be on it
4- get one or two old players to make the league a bit bigger to then build on it with younger players(i.e. ronaldo, beckham etc.)

They allowed toronto in on it which i was very happy with. They then went out and bought Beckham. This gave other teams more drive to make their teams better. They now are gonna ruin their league by bringing all old timers and having it be just like the league before this. I hear they are trying to sign Pele. Thats why i have given up on it and do not care for it anymore.
I don't know much about the MLS or the ULS but unless there is promotion and relegation between leagues, it severely detracts from a lot of aspects of the league. You can have the best players in the world but if its the same few teams all the time with no change, it's going to be nothing more than an exhibition, rather than a competition. The big danger is that club football in Europe is going in that direction and has been for a few years.

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

J
Admin

Post by J » 11 Feb 2007, 19:20

ratherton wrote:I just had a quick look at the USL website and I see there is a team called "Crystal Palace"

http://www.uslsoccer.com/teams/2007/6188099.html

The colours and club badge are very similar to Crystal Palace in England. Does anyone know if Crystal Palace Baltimore also have an orange chairman, a supermarket next to the ground, obstructed views from the away section and over priced tickets ?
Yeah, they are one of the new teams that was added in the second division of the USL. They also added a team from Bermuda this year.

Every year USL 2 seems to be getting bigger and bigger. It's good to see them expanding the league. A couple of years ago it was basically only the northeast a few teams down the east coast.

powell
English Meister

Post by powell » 12 Feb 2007, 20:04

ajc wrote:
Francis wrote:i heard that freddy adu is being tested by manchester utd. is that true?
I think he had a two week trial or something like that, but he was only playing with the other youth players. Apparently he did okay, but nothing spectacular. I believe Sir Alex said something along the lines of "he's a good boy and we'll keep our eyes open for the future." He's not getting signed now however and he won't be for a while if he ever does.
Yeh thats true, man utd have been pursuiting freddy adu since he was 13 according the a club spokesman. Anyway yeh i was a two week trail back at the end of november, about a month before he transfered to real salt lake.

Anyway, in the mls i support dc united, im not a mad supporter like i am of liverpool but i do keep an eye on there scores every week, i like watching highlights of them and adu very good to watch he is a great talent but hey i still support them even though hes left i mean you cant change supporting teams becuase of a player.

Btw i just have two quick off topic thing to say

1. Im i correct when i say the mls stands for major league soccer ?

2. And secondly does anyone notice that i type the word 'anyway' lots of times in many of my posts or is it just me ?

mufc21
Veteran Member

Post by mufc21 » 12 Feb 2007, 22:13

its just you and yes it is major league soccer. Cheers

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 12 Feb 2007, 22:32

Well, I will be supporting toronto F.C. when they come into the league. Also, I might go see Beckham's first game...
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

mufc21
Veteran Member

Post by mufc21 » 12 Feb 2007, 23:37

good luck getting over there. Thats a long way but if you do then it will probably be nice. Capello must be feeling like a genuine jackass. Well i guesss you have to realise your destiny sometime.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 12 Feb 2007, 23:49

I have Canadian Karting Nationals the week after in Hamilton, so I can just come early...but I have to hurry before that game sells out!!!! :shock:
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 14 Feb 2007, 02:58

i root for the galaxy and i've been doing that before it was cool haha

actually it's becuase my favorite american player, cobi jones, is on that team. thats why i've been rooting for them since 96

mufc21
Veteran Member

Post by mufc21 » 14 Feb 2007, 03:00

so you can call yourself a true LA fan. I never thought the MLS would have bandwagonners but i guess now they do. Anyway i guess every league has it so why not the MLS. Not referring to you soccer11

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 14 Feb 2007, 03:03

Yeah, i would call myself a bandwagoner. :wink: I will still root for Toronto F.C. but i still hope that LA do well, and I will watch Beckham play, simple as that...

-Alexander Ovechkin

Matt17

Post by Matt17 » 01 Mar 2007, 23:05

New England Revolution. They're the local team, anyway. I rarely manage to get to see the games, since I am gone for a long time, then, FSN is the only channel having it on. But, they are still my favorite team. Me and my friend are attempting to buy season tickets, and then go to some Revs training camp. Dempsey is probably my favorite player on the Revs.

KPatel

Post by KPatel » 01 Mar 2007, 23:56

Didn't Dempsey move to England?

mufc21
Veteran Member

Post by mufc21 » 02 Mar 2007, 01:17

clint demspey. I think he might of. I remember hearing the name being mentioned but i think it would of been a bottom half table team he went to.

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 02 Mar 2007, 01:28

He's gone to Fullham. Honestly I'm a bit surprised you guys didn't know this.......

Or KPatel were you correcting him in question form for the hell of it? :lol:
Click it