Mexico vs. USA-World Cup Qualifier!!!!!

Talk about football in the AFC, CAF, CONCACAF, CONMEBOL and the rest of the World
FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

Post by FCBarcelona » 30 Mar 2005, 01:04

They deserved 3 goals because of the foul commited by Carvalho on the game winning goal. Barcelona didn't have Marquez who was in form and Larsson.
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

J
Admin

Post by J » 30 Mar 2005, 01:34

the game winning goal????? the game winning goal would have been the first goal chelsea scored becase barcelona never had the lead, so which goal do you mean??

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

Post by FCBarcelona » 30 Mar 2005, 02:13

The Terry goal the clinched the game.
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

Dooglas

Post by Dooglas » 30 Mar 2005, 03:16

Well, USA did not have eddie pope or frankie hedjuk on the back line, two newbies who have never played together on defence will eff everything up...as you saw, if you put a full strength mexico side, versus and full strength USA on a neutral ground USA will come out on top, did you see claudio reyna breathing? hes been playing in manchester city ALL year, like non stop, so he is in form and in shape, and to see him breathing like that means something no? two weeks in colorado will semi prepare you but mexico city is worse that LA with the smog, and higher elevated, thin air+smog=suck for foreigners. mexico did handle the ball better, they have always been better and keeping posession, but USA are better at attacking, Arena made a huge mistake by setting them up defensively, and he made another huge mistkae by putting Eddie Johnson in, im sorry, but he had no speed or strength against the mexican defenders, and his first touch is horrible, wow he can score on panama, and T&T....i think hes mediocre and should be coming off the bench for wolff or Mcbride. Donovan was amazing in that game, as well as lewis, what a goal, and keller was huge between the pipes...but mexico, borghetti and fonseca, they sliced the defence up...blanco..just fell a lot. so either way it goes down, there are 2 powers in CONCACAF, and essentially our group has 4 spots for world cup...USA will go. so im not worried, qualifiers are nothing, i mean yea you have to make it, but the finals..O.O

cHaVa
Veteran Member

Post by cHaVa » 30 Mar 2005, 20:16

You said it all man! i am spechless!

Post by Guest » 30 Mar 2005, 20:31

cladio reyna has not been playing in machester ciy all year, i think he just came back from injury. I have watched man city playa lot this year and he hasnt played in a lot of their games.

J
Admin

Post by J » 30 Mar 2005, 20:37

sorry that was me , i forgot to log in , and i completely agree with you on eddie johnson. I was saying the same thing to myself the whole game. Him scoring goals against teams like panama and T+T is totally different from playing a team like mexico. I think mcrbride should have started instead with all the experience he has. Eddies first touch was not good at all and he just needs more experience, especially playing a team like mexico. I think he will be good in the future though once he plays more international games and gets stronger and quicker.

cHaVa
Veteran Member

Post by cHaVa » 30 Mar 2005, 20:57

I think todays game with USA vs. Guatemala will be a game to watch. with Carlos Ruiz in the opposite field, its a certain watcher. And plus, i heard Donovan said that he wants to beat the heck out of Guatemala. As well as Mexico vs. Panama. Although i'm pretty sure that Mexico will have no problem beating them.

USA 2 vs. Guatemala 1
Mexico 3 vs. Panama 0

dooglas
Veteran Member

Post by dooglas » 30 Mar 2005, 23:59

Chava, i agree with those scores, and i spose your right about claudio...but looking back on what he did in 2002 against them it just pissed me off, clint dempsey shouldve been out there with him, and pat noonan shoulve started, i woulda set it up like all offence because of the lack of experienced defenders we have to push like crazy...

Mcbride Wolff/Johnson (maybe)

Beasley Noonan Reyna Dempsey Donovan (Dempsey and Donovan can interchange)

Cherundolo Bocanegra Onyewu
Wow, he just megged three people, maradonas around the last defender, and missed the shot, then not five minutes later a guy on the other team shoots when he gets the ball and scores...

who would you rather be?

cHaVa
Veteran Member

Post by cHaVa » 31 Mar 2005, 00:48

yeah i agree

hackr17

Post by hackr17 » 03 Apr 2005, 01:36

who's higher on the FIFA world rankings?
3-17-4

cHaVa
Veteran Member

Post by cHaVa » 03 Apr 2005, 03:13

you mean out of USA and Mexico?