Mexico vs. USA-World Cup Qualifier!!!!!

Talk about football in the AFC, CAF, CONCACAF, CONMEBOL and the rest of the World
FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

Post by FCBarcelona » 28 Mar 2005, 06:21

news flash:: Barcelona's game was affected by the referee Collina, was USA vs Mexico affected by the referee???

I ain't trying to get into an arguement, but Mexico has always been better than the USA, that may change, but currently, Mexico is better.
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

J
Admin

Post by J » 28 Mar 2005, 06:47

FCBarcelona wrote:news flash:: Barcelona's game was affected by the referee Collina, was USA vs Mexico affected by the referee???

I ain't trying to get into an arguement,
yeah ok ,sure your not..... and by the way there was a hand ball in mexico' second goal today. im not going to say anything more in this topic. Last thing i will say is mexico played well today and the united states played sloppy. and chelsea would have beat barcelona no matter who was the ref that day. watch that game again if you have it on tape. And by the way there is a difference between arguing and debating.

af2266

Post by af2266 » 28 Mar 2005, 14:03

yes i agree that usa played sloppy, and there was a handball in the box but the refferee didnot call it. its over now and well just wait for the next round in america, but i still dont think that will decide whos better, its called homefeild advantage and the crowd will be cheering for america (did anyone notice that everyone in the stadium booed when america got the ball?)

Sokrfreak515

Post by Sokrfreak515 » 28 Mar 2005, 15:02

OOOO i did i did.... but when the goal was scored the showed the americans in the stadium i thought that was cool...

Home field Advantage: i think Mexico had a bigger one because of the altitude. i usually zone out the crowd until i do something good then i listen to them cheering and i get all fired up... im sure pro teams no to zone out the crowd.
"You can't just beat a team, you have to leave a lasting impression in their minds so they never want to see you again." Mia Hamm

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

Post by FCBarcelona » 28 Mar 2005, 16:15

Ok buddy, Chelsea aren't better than Barcelona, try 68% to 32% possession. They should've won if Collina made that call, the linesman even told him it wasa foul but he didn't change it.
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

J
Admin

Post by J » 28 Mar 2005, 18:29

LOL :lol:

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

Post by FCBarcelona » 28 Mar 2005, 20:29

Answer me this, did you see Barcelona vs Chelsea?
FORÇA BARÇA!

J
Admin

Post by J » 29 Mar 2005, 02:56

yes i did, i have it on tape, and barcelona even scored a goal on a penalty that they didint deserve. They might have had more possesion but the percentage of possesion doesnt win game. barcelona couldnt handle chelsea counter attacks. if barcelona is better like you say then it would never come down to any referee anyway, which i dont think it did anyway. the final score should have been 4-1 in my opinion. they still lost 4-2 and your gonna tell me thats because of a referee...lol. Lets see how far chelsea goes in the champions league and then you tell me barcelona is better. you and barcelona and all of spain can watch on your tv's as chelsea plays. If barcelona is better like you say than it would have never come down to a second game , they would have burried them in the first game.

cHaVa
Veteran Member

Post by cHaVa » 29 Mar 2005, 03:26

i have no idea of what u guys are talking about. there was no hand ball at all, watch the replays very well. borgetti passed the ball to zinha with a header. i taped the game, and i watched it very carefully, and there is no handball. You talk about home field advantage, when mexico plays here in usa, how many mexican fans do you see in the stadium? when i went to the USA vs. Mexico game here in houston, back in 2003, there was way more fans going for mexico than for USA. Home field advantage was clearly US, but the crowd is what makes it happen. the mexicans fans boed Donovan, as well as i would. Back in the Pre-Olympics, he was in the training ground in mexico, when him and somebody else, i dont recall, were caught peeing by a mexican flag. cought on tape... why wouldnt we boo him. and as well Mexicans dont like him because of the man he is, talent wise, hes the cost of some heart breaking goals.

J
Admin

Post by J » 29 Mar 2005, 03:38

you saw that tape or heard about it?? and there was a hand ball mexico second goal, watch again carefully. none of this really matters though, mexico played better anyway, they desreved to win. and by the way in my opinion landon donovan is a class act, iv seen him play a ton and in many interviews , i really dont think he was peeing on or near a mexican flag and if so, im sure he didnt mean disrespect by it, he is just not that type of person from what i have seen. he also is a quality player with a good amount of talent.
Last edited by J on 29 Mar 2005, 03:41, edited 1 time in total.

erivera

Post by erivera » 29 Mar 2005, 03:38

FCBarcelona wrote:Mexico has always been better than the USA
i strongly disagree

cHaVa
Veteran Member

Post by cHaVa » 29 Mar 2005, 04:06

dont get me wrong J, Donovan is a great player, thats what makes him hated so much by mexicans, because he's always doing them damage in games. as well as goalies, i think everytime mexico faces usa, the goalie is probably the best player on that game. Keller saved about 3 goals. in the game. He is a great goalkeeper.

Mexico is so called the Giant of the CONCACAF, but i think that will change, there will be 2 giants in the CONCACAF USA and Mexico. i think Mexico vs. USA games are great for both teams, since CONCACAF has an easy lineup for teams, USA and Mexico when face off, are challenging, and makes the more up close action both teams will face as soon as they compete against teams like argentina, brazil, holland, and other eurapean teams.

J
Admin

Post by J » 29 Mar 2005, 06:14

mexico and united states are two great teams of the world and i love watching them play eachother, i cant wait for september when they play again. hopefully they will meet in 2006 in the world cup again , that would be awsome.

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

Post by FCBarcelona » 29 Mar 2005, 21:17

J wrote:yes i did, i have it on tape, and barcelona even scored a goal on a penalty that they didint deserve. They might have had more possesion but the percentage of possesion doesnt win game. barcelona couldnt handle chelsea counter attacks. if barcelona is better like you say then it would never come down to any referee anyway, which i dont think it did anyway. the final score should have been 4-1 in my opinion. they still lost 4-2 and your gonna tell me thats because of a referee...lol. Lets see how far chelsea goes in the champions league and then you tell me barcelona is better. you and barcelona and all of spain can watch on your tv's as chelsea plays. If barcelona is better like you say than it would have never come down to a second game , they would have burried them in the first game.

The handball was clear, if it wasn't why would the referee pull out a yellow card??? He raised his hand on purpose, it seemed like on purpose to me.
Final score should have been 3-2, which should have taken Barcelona to the next round...
FORÇA BARÇA!

J
Admin

Post by J » 29 Mar 2005, 23:47

for what reason should chelsea have only scored 3 goals????? every goal they scored were excellent goals. That handball is questionable. Barcelona could not handle the pace and counter attacks of chelsea. Chelsea also did not have robben playing or drogba and they still scored 4 great goals. Barcelona did posess the ball well and knocked it around very well, but it never really led to anything. Chlesea deserved to advance.