The mighty Revs!!

Talk about football in the AFC, CAF, CONCACAF, CONMEBOL and the rest of the World
J
Admin

The mighty Revs!!

Post by J » 02 Apr 2006, 06:39

Anybody catch the rematch of MLS cup 2005 tonight between the Galaxy and Revolution? Sweet revenge, especially after the Galaxy recieved their Championships rings before the game started :)

I was impressed with the play of Dempsey, and I have a strong feeling he will be part of the World Cup this summer, hopefully with even a starting spot on the team.

Well done Revs 8)

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Post by cfrealmadrid » 03 Apr 2006, 01:53

dempsey was amazing, i agree. i was an earthquakes supporter (now houston) and so i HATE the galaxy. i was really glad they lost. early prediction for mls cup, based on opening day: revolution vs fc dallas.
Hala Galacticos

ROIUSA
Veteran Member

Post by ROIUSA » 04 Apr 2006, 01:45

yep revs will be in the cup im sure. the only downside to being so succesful will be in june when they could possible lose twellman,dempsey,ralston, noonan and shalrie joseph, whom many have predicted will be the mvp. but i think theyll secure the playoffs and then win it all
I was raised on Celtic, their history and their pride
With my culture and my faith, I wear the green & white.

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who does not want to be broken -Bobby Sands MP

J
Admin

Post by J » 04 Apr 2006, 16:46

I know for sure they won't lose Shalrie Joseph and I highly doubt they will lose Ralston and Noonan. The big loss will be Twellman and Dempsey for sure, but I'm confident they will pull through in June and get some decent amount of points.

prtglsoccerfan22

Post by prtglsoccerfan22 » 04 Apr 2006, 18:59

yeah. i love the revs. im trying to get interviews with some of the players. i have a few connections there :wink: lol
-Marcus-

J
Admin

Post by J » 04 Apr 2006, 21:16

Wow thats pretty cool. I went to the first home they ever had game at the old Foxburogh stadium and ever since I've followed and supported them.

Who do you know in the Revs? Thats pretty cool if you can get some interviews. I went to the same high school as Jay Heaps and he used to play keep away from me and my friends when we were real young (he's like 7 or 8 years older than me). He was a phenomenon in our area when he played in high school.

ROIUSA
Veteran Member

Post by ROIUSA » 04 Apr 2006, 21:27

isnt shalrie joseph in the T&T team. idk maybe im wrong, i thought he was

They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who does not want to be broken -Bobby Sands MP

prtglsoccerfan22

Post by prtglsoccerfan22 » 04 Apr 2006, 21:36

ive met Joe Franchino and Michael Parkhurst. I got a tour of their locker room and saw some cool gatorade fruit drink. lol. never saw that on the market before.
and my friend is cousins with T.J. Tomasso. so we went up one night last year, round one of playoffs i think, and we went to his apartment, then he took us on tour of the stadium and stuff. so I called TJ up and asked if I can interview him and some other players and he said hed check with them but he was 99.9% sure it could happen. I need to ask him tomorow sometime. got any questions you wanted answered? lol
-Marcus-

J
Admin

Post by J » 04 Apr 2006, 23:55

ROIUSA wrote:isnt shalrie joseph in the T&T team. idk maybe im wrong, i thought he was
No, I'm pretty sure he is from Greneda.

ROIUSA
Veteran Member

Post by ROIUSA » 09 Apr 2006, 01:53

any1 see the revs v red bulls game. 1st half was pretty entertaining 2nd wasnt really. how about clint dempsey in the 1st half. that move to the right of the goal was like a cristiaino ronaldo series of moves. made the defender look like a turnstile

J
Admin

Post by J » 09 Apr 2006, 01:58

I was real pissed because I ordered MLS direct kick, but for some reason all the other MLS games are coming in fine, but the Revs game didn't come in at all. So I had to listen to the game on their website. Pretty pathetic.

Sounded like a pretty exciting 0-0 draw. What happened in the second half when Twellman was injured a bit?? It sounded like he came real close to scoring...

I'm glad to get the point away from home though and to stay unbeaten. Can't complain.

I wish I got Boston's WB channel because then I wouldn't have to order direct kick. I pretty much order it only to see all the Revs games.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Post by cfrealmadrid » 09 Apr 2006, 18:00

for the next 2 (or maybe only 1 now) weeks you can watch all the mls games on mlsnet.com. i've been watching houston a lot, but i turned on the revs for a little while. they will be good this year, i can feel it.
Hala Galacticos

J
Admin

Post by J » 10 Apr 2006, 00:16

Damn, I wish i knew that last night. It would have been much better than listening to the game lol. At least i know if the same thing happens again.

J
Admin

Post by J » 12 Jun 2006, 01:07

Anybody catch the Revs playing the Fire tonight in the Fire's new stadium??

One of the greatest comebacks i have ever seen. They were down 2-0 with about 80 minutes left, came back and scored to make it 2-1. Then the Fire scored again to make it 3-1. THEN THE REVS SCORED 2 GOLAS IN STPAGE TIME TO TIE!!!! :D :shock: :D

What a game. Great new park the Fire have there too. Good to see the MLS putting up so many new soccer specific stadiums.

prtglsoccerfan22

Post by prtglsoccerfan22 » 12 Jun 2006, 01:24

dang, i missed it.
wish i could have seen it, o'well.
might catch it on mlsnet if its up there.
sounds like a great game though.
-Marcus-