Australian league vs MLS

Talk about football in the AFC, CAF, CONCACAF, CONMEBOL and the rest of the World
J
Admin

Post by J » 21 Jan 2006, 07:02

peps1154 wrote: Also unlike most of you I am saying this as a nutreal because I am not from either country
Peps, dont you live in the united states?

peps1154
Veteran Member

Post by peps1154 » 21 Jan 2006, 12:18

I do but I don't realy have any emotional ties with it, or the MLS, that would make me choose the MLS.

The Finisher
New User

Post by The Finisher » 14 Feb 2006, 07:43

i agree with D347H574R on the idea of how our clubs will get much better when they set up youth acedemies, also if the clubs could get more money, i think they can only spend something like 1.5 million on players currently they would again get better. one more point. people are saying that our clubs would beat theirs but your forgetting that we only have 8 clubs where as they have...lots so there good players are spread out.

mewantgood
Sophomore Member

Post by mewantgood » 21 Jul 2006, 04:00

I don't think the A-League will rival the MLS in the near future unless it is put on free-to-air tv

potato
New User

MLS and A-league

Post by potato » 23 Jan 2007, 07:29

I'd say the MLS plays football at a higher level, but this is because its a lot better established than the A-league. I mean they're signing Galacticos - David Beckham now. Considering the money owned by these MLS clubs, and their history of signing superstars in the old league (Pele, Beckanbaer etc) they're potentially and technichally better than the A-league. Nevertheless the A-league is improving at an incredible rate, it has a lot of potential. Australia in my biased perspective has a lot of talent, i mean we did incredibly in this past year. Football has really taken off!!!!

i'd really like to see a continuous spell between the MLS and the A-league, that would be interesting, how about some intercontinental action

gunnerz23
Veteran Member

Post by gunnerz23 » 23 Jan 2007, 09:27

what team is the best in the MSL? id love to see them take on the Melbourne Victory or the Newcastle Jets. That would be pretty interesting....
As for the a-league, i think its a pretty entertaining league, and the skill is only getting better. The league has enormous potential, and so does Australian football. Im not too sure about the MSL having a higher skill level, as ive never watched an MSL match, but it is more established.
The a-league would probably bigger than the MSL in 10 years and it will have way more guests as we have already had pretty big names like Romario,Benito Carbone and Gianfranco Zola.
And we have had a few brazilian imports who have rejected to play in the brazilian league and played in the a-league instead. So there's a few signs of whats to come in the future of the a-league. I cant wait. :D
forum for all arsenal fans:http://www.talkarsenal.com

"Theres nothing Im scared of in football."- Thierry Henry

potato
New User

Post by potato » 24 Jan 2007, 04:13

Gianfranco Zola didnt play in the A-league? Did he? I thought he only came to vist. If the A-league is to improve they need stronger sponsors, that way the FFA can get rid of that stupid salary cap. That's probably why Dwight Yorke left. Hopefully we get to sign some of these players instead of having short "4-day guest spells"

I'm not sure which team is the "best" cos the tables look pretty close 2 me, so unlike the point differences in Europe with the big clubs leaving the smaller clubs trailing behind. Also the competition's split into two conferences like many of the other Sporting leagues in America.

gunnerz23
Veteran Member

Post by gunnerz23 » 24 Jan 2007, 04:20

Nah ur right. I didnt get my point across properly. Your right he didnt actually play, but he just came to visit and played in an exhibition match.
he said that he might come back later to play for Sydney FC.
forum for all arsenal fans:http://www.talkarsenal.com

"Theres nothing Im scared of in football."- Thierry Henry

belija91
Veteran Member

Post by belija91 » 10 May 2007, 06:08

I don't know much about the MLS so I can't really judge but judging from a stereotypical point of view the A-League will be better if it isn't already. America has hundreds of millions of people compared to Australia with only somewere around 20-25 million. In my opinion, for that ratio Australia is a better footballing country. Every year football is growing in Australia and it is under-rated by most of the world. The A-League averages around 25,000 fans each game and this is only it's second year. Rival matches and finals can have 50,000 - 60,000.
What the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 10 May 2007, 21:23

Definitely more then MLS games. But MLS is growing for sure...

I watched part of the A-League final match, but it was too late for me, so I had to go to school. It seemed like a cool atmosphere. :wink: This was a few months back I believe.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

Had2bHarry
Veteran Member

Post by Had2bHarry » 18 Dec 2007, 08:48

I say the A league. aussie football is going stronger right now thean MLS and sydney fc did beat LA galaxy (thats Something)

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 20 Dec 2007, 01:08

Had2bHarry wrote:I say the A league. aussie football is going stronger right now thean MLS and sydney fc did beat LA galaxy (thats Something)
No it's not. It was basically a schoolyard kickabout. The Vancouver Whitecaps, a team in a lower division than the MLS tied with the Galaxy in a friendly, big deal.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 20 Dec 2007, 05:41

I don't get to watch enough of the A-League to accurately compare it to MLS, but I must say that when I see highlight shows there are some fairly high quality goals being scored now and then. I think that is one area in which the MLS wants. Perhaps it is largely due to the lack of soccer-specific stadiums which leaves hideous letters and logos tainting the image of a nice play, but it doesn't seem to me that high quality goals (the ones that make you stand up and say wow, not simply good team play and a simple finish) are scored on a regular basis in MLS.
Click it

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 20 Dec 2007, 06:22

ajc wrote:I don't get to watch enough of the A-League to accurately compare it to MLS, but I must say that when I see highlight shows there are some fairly high quality goals being scored now and then. I think that is one area in which the MLS wants. Perhaps it is largely due to the lack of soccer-specific stadiums which leaves hideous letters and logos tainting the image of a nice play, but it doesn't seem to me that high quality goals (the ones that make you stand up and say wow, not simply good team play and a simple finish) are scored on a regular basis in MLS.
Unless you watch De Rosario score.

-Alexander Ovechkin

EnSoUl
Veteran Member

Post by EnSoUl » 20 Dec 2007, 08:17

mewantgood wrote:I don't think the A-League will rival the MLS in the near future unless it is put on free-to-air tv
Amen to that!!! it is such a pain in the arse to have to have foxtel to watch all the games
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime - Chinese Proverb