South Asian teams in the World Cup

Talk about football in the AFC, CAF, CONCACAF, CONMEBOL and the rest of the World
fawad000

Post by fawad000 » 08 Apr 2010, 13:52

Yeah Bangladesh is progressing but at a very steady pace
The team which surprised me in recent times is Maldives.Imo, they made the biggest improvement in South Asia during last 3-4 years.India is doing good as well.Sunil Chetri has signed for Kansas City wizards which plays in MLS.

Rummandinho

Post by Rummandinho » 08 Apr 2010, 16:57

I heard Derby County is looking to sign Bangladeshi keeper Aminul and two of my friends play in Bristol Youth

oscarjackson

Post by oscarjackson » 17 Apr 2010, 10:03

thats similar to here in australia where AFL and cricket are the top sports. and football and rugby are second. i think not enough people play football here and it all starts with the youth systems like expert said. FFA have just re worked our whole youth system with help from the dutch style of play so i can see us moving forward. I think this is what other asian countries need to do

fawad000

Post by fawad000 » 20 Apr 2010, 00:08

Australia is another story.They have players who play in top leagues (thanks to their European roots) and a top class Dutch coach for a past couple of years.Moreover,Aussie federation is paying more and more attention to the game whereas most of the stereotypical Asian teams either do not have enough resources (For instance ,Maldives ,Vietnam e.t.c) or poor management (Iran,Uae) or both ( Pakistan :( , Indonesia e.t.c)

kingpro
New User

Lessons for smaller teams in Asia

Post by kingpro » 04 Jul 2010, 18:02

There are some lessons to be learned by these teams. The biggest of all lessons for these teams are that there are no big or small teams any more. With the right tactics, proper attitude and discipline even smaller football nations can cause problems for some of the biggest in the business.