!!!!!MLS Coming To Canada!!!!!

Talk about football in the AFC, CAF, CONCACAF, CONMEBOL and the rest of the World
Mulatto_Magic

With the MLS granting Toronto with an expanison team, do you think this will grow the game of soccer in Canada and bring more success for upcoming soccer stars here.
~`Legend In The Making`~

Piccadilly

are you serious? im not so fond of the MLS but thats pretty cool.

I think it will at least bring soccer to be a bit more of an influence there and maybe it wil someday be more popular than hockey lol.
12-2-1 with 4goals and ten assists

R9KEvinR9
Veteran Member

i guess its good for canada but mls is like the sorriest league ever but hopefully it will give some attention to north american soccer also are u canadians happy about this i mean do u guys even care??? it might help soccer grow in canada but stars coming out of there prolly not maybe stars of the mls league but not as all leagues together

*yung-ital*
Pending Mod

Mls has beat a couple of good teams and even gave chelsea a run for their money. I have seen some spectacular goals in MLS as well.
as for it coming to canada, i guess its good, but i would rather play for the U.S one. canada soccer sucks.

soccer dude900

*yung-ital* wrote:Mls has beat a couple of good teams and even gave chelsea a run for their money. I have seen some spectacular goals in MLS as well.
as for it coming to canada, i guess its good, but i would rather play for the U.S one. canada soccer sucks.
i agree it does suck and i am from canada

Mulatto_Magic

I do not think canada soccer sucks its improving every year, the last match canada gave spain a run for there money last, and there young team is also very good always beating the U.S.A :D and U.S.A for mens soccer was much better then canada a few years back before they qualified for the last world cup
~`Legend In The Making`~

Piccadilly

the MLS all star team actually impressed me and the only thing i would change is the team names and colors-the colorado rapids, chicago fire,the LA GALAXY the columbus CREW? what the fuc- the only good ones are chivas USA and fc dallas who used to be Dallas BURN and Real salt lake-who actually have a good jersey/simbol etc.

Why cant there be a team in Minnesota?
12-2-1 with 4goals and ten assists

peps1154
Veteran Member

I predict that in 9 years Canada will make the world cup for the first time if they keep on improving.

mak9

The problem about soccer in Canada is that the weather it terrible for 8 months and you can play in about 5 months or so.

Futhermore those who have the oppurtunity to improve their skill by playing both indoor and outdoor soccer are very luck to be able to pay for the high enrollment cost. It costs about $200 to play in a minor league club team for the summer and another $200 for the winter season, which is too expensive for those that can't handle the cost.

Soccer can be very big in Canada given the large immegration population.

Also the majority of Canadians love hockey because they like the fast paced back to back high scoring game. They like to see a lot of goals. It for this reason that I think futsal can be huge in Canada given that it is indoor and that there are lots of tricks and lots of goals too.

ultimate_defender

Americans have never really been fond of soccer...which would explain why MLS is JUST now picking up steam...hopefully with time the teams, players, and support will rise to a higher level....I think having canadians join the group will push Americans to do better in the sport...

thierryhenry14

peps1154 wrote:I predict that in 9 years Canada will make the world cup for the first time if they keep on improving.

At the rate they are progressing i'm gonna say less then that
Image (Thanks Kevin R9)

Sometimes in football you just have to score goals -Thierry Henry-

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

N E 1 KNOW IF THERE WILL BE TRYOUTS??? AND WOULD N E 1 OF YOU ATTEND? :?: :wink:
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Sorry FCBARCELONA, this is the first I have heard of it and I live like an hour and a half from Toronto lol. Hopefully I can see some games when it comes. I think this is a big step forward for Canadian soccer. We need a higher level of competition here so we can be more well known in the soccer world. I would agree Canadian soccer is worse than it's hockey :P , but it's improving.