Hyundai A-League

Talk about football in the AFC, CAF, CONCACAF, CONMEBOL and the rest of the World
keller8
Veteran Member

Post by keller8 » 19 Feb 2008, 22:09

I've never actually seen an A-League game..............I know, what with one of the best teams in my backyard, thats really sad. I don't have Foxtel, and zi have 2 little bro's and not much money so I can't see a game. I just gotta watch highlights. Man that sux balls. My fave team, the Roar. They've got some mad players there. Reinaldo, Marcinho, Craig Moore, and Lynch. But theres no team chemistry at da roar. They need to fix that.
Mattsta-"There would be no point in freestyle if we knew all the tricks from the start. The fact that we had to practise to get them pays off because in the end we have earnt it."

Davidson9
Veteran Member

Post by Davidson9 » 19 Feb 2008, 23:45

I like Roar's jerseys.....i like all of the jerseys actually, but Sydney and Q'Land have the best, CCM are good, but i like Sydney the most though, just like the way they play, Corica is a good player, Juninho is amazing, Patrick is a donkey though

Alexio1092
Veteran Member

Post by Alexio1092 » 20 Feb 2008, 05:25

keller8 wrote:I've never actually seen an A-League game..............I know, what with one of the best teams in my backyard, thats really sad. I don't have Foxtel, and zi have 2 little bro's and not much money so I can't see a game. I just gotta watch highlights. Man that sux balls. My fave team, the Roar. They've got some mad players there. Reinaldo, Marcinho, Craig Moore, and Lynch. But theres no team chemistry at da roar. They need to fix that.
Chemistry was just beginning to be woven into the team with the fine balance of new vs old in terms of players, it's a pity to see Ogneovski (spelling?) and possibly Reinaldo moving a abroad, with Lynch as a free-agent, now.

Had2bHarry
Veteran Member

Post by Had2bHarry » 20 Feb 2008, 06:47

Even though Im from Sydney I go for Melbourne. Idn why I just love the victory and all their players. Imo they also have the best jerseys in the A-league. The design is really original.
Ive been to 2 of thier matches. One against Queensland roar last year in September which we won 2-0, and most recently against Wellington we won 3-0.
Sig by me

truesocceroo
Veteran Member

Post by truesocceroo » 20 Feb 2008, 07:55

i never watched any first season matches because we dont have foxtel so we got seson tickets. I reccomend season tickets because the aleague is relatively new compared to the NRL and AFL for example, tickets are very cheap and you can get good seats at all the home matches, i think we payed something like $350 for a family pass.

I like watching the a league and supporting sydney fc but to be honest compared to europe the a league is rubbish (coming from an australian). I dont like the way alot of the players play it is too physical and players are not skillful enough, which is why players like brosque, juninho, corica, reinaldo etc are important and there should be more of them.

Alexio1092
Veteran Member

Post by Alexio1092 » 20 Feb 2008, 10:04

I think the skill-level is slowly rising, a predominate base of Aussie players is good for us, as they're going to mature and become better players (hopefully/most-likely) as time goes on, we don't need/want to be swamped by foreign players, the "Brazillian Talent" pool utterly flopped, let's stick to quality players that we give medicals to BEFORE they ship and out over to Aussie (Mario, what was that 10k a week for?! :P ).

truesocceroo
Veteran Member

Post by truesocceroo » 23 Feb 2008, 09:57

australian players will never be at the same level as brazilans because they are not trained as well or for as long, i hate to be anti aussie but the truth is we need foreign players to build the level, and yes i agree with Alexio that players like romario and patrick for sydney fc did not perform but think about players like Fred and Reinaldo, brazilians who lifted there teams and the entire level of the league, you cant say we dont absolutelty need these players

Had2bHarry
Veteran Member

Post by Had2bHarry » 23 Feb 2008, 10:09

australian players will never be at the same level as brazilans because they are not trained as well or for as long, i hate to be anti aussie but the truth is we need foreign players to build the level, and yes i agree with Alexio that players like romario and patrick for sydney fc did not perform but think about players like Fred and Reinaldo, brazilians who lifted there teams and the entire level of the league, you cant say we dont absolutelty need these players
That is true, we do need more foriegn players from the big leagues if we wanna make the A-league better. I think the problem is the salary cap, and lack of finances here and there. Melbourne couldnt keep Fred because they couldnt afford him. And Sydney FC couldnt buy Robbie Fowler either.
I mean, they need to start paying the players and then older-near retirement players can consider coming to play in Aussie to promote the league, get good money and enjoy all the great things about Australia.
Sig by me