African style of football

Talk about football in the AFC, CAF, CONCACAF, CONMEBOL and the rest of the World
Futbolstud
Veteran Member

Post by Futbolstud » 15 Oct 2005, 01:37

its a region in ethopia there prolly from Addis.

lyricalgh

Post by lyricalgh » 15 Oct 2005, 12:05

one thing thats wrong with african soccer is that
almost everybody plays the game just to entertain the crowd
take ghana for example
almost every start we get out is a midfielder why?
cuz they get th most possesions to show off their skills
when i went to watch a game the last time i was in ghana,
there was this tourney going on and the guy who had scored 6 goals in 2 games was called boring cuz he didnt pull tricks on the opponents but the guy who could dribble everybody but not score was the star.

thats why most africans score on random occasions
take jay-jay for example
he would dribble til hes tired before he passes the ball

in my opinion jay-jy is better than ronaldinho at tricks
however ronaldinho is way better when ball skills tactical sense and everything is combined.
'Alex Ferguson is the best manager I've ever had at this level. Well, he's the only manager I've actually had at this level. But he's the best manager I've ever had.' David Beckham

Futbolstud
Veteran Member

Post by Futbolstud » 15 Oct 2005, 13:49

yea nicly said it is alot about possession and dribbling i'm most like jay jay cuz i love to dribble lol somtimmes i just feel like falling down after i dribble because i'm so tired but i'm trying to get more tachtical understanding of the game so that i can help my team more and not just help me.

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

Post by *~El Maestro~* » 15 Oct 2005, 19:35

in senegal they like to play nice with nice tricks, passes, and plays. But some people like to play fast and get goals quickly if they can. Hard to explain. i guess the national team tends to play a little like in europe cuz almost all their players are in european leagues. the only thing i dont like is that even the national team has to try to put up a show like against togo they didnt kill the game and because of that they arent qualified in the world cup today. they also like big games against big african teams with prestige because its one of the only things that spur them on.. but now they got a new coach so things should change

Bestofthebest

Post by Bestofthebest » 14 Nov 2005, 17:09

We ghanaians like to play possesion, we hold the ball pull some fancy tricks and give it to the other guy

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Post by cfrealmadrid » 29 Nov 2005, 06:40

it's a very attractive style of play. i like to watch african football, however seldom i get the chance. so far, other than national teams, i've seen one half played in poor quality video downloaded off limewire. it was great though. they're not getting the respect they deserve. i'd love to see africa get an extra half spot at the world cup.
Hala Galacticos

ultimate_defender

Post by ultimate_defender » 10 Jan 2006, 01:57

While it's been a while since i've watched any african teams play...I find most (Cameroonian) players are about Strength and Speed....i seen some ***beautiful*** tricks :wink: but it's more about striking quickly and giving the opponent time to recover....but all teams do that....it's not really what they do....but how they do it....

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

Post by *~El Maestro~* » 21 Jan 2006, 23:08

african style of play is better now than it was before

ive watched a couple of games from the african nations cup, and the level is very high. Morrocco played so well, they were really unlucky that they missed alot and that the goalie from ivory coast was very good. Ivory coast have a good team, but they played well in the 1st half and started breaking down a lil when drogba came off. but they still won.
Cameroon killed Angola 3-1. three goals by etoo. Both teams played well. in the first 15 minutes angola was playing just as well as cameroon. keeping possesion of the ball and mixing that with long balls. howver they couldnt really penetrate the defence that well. except once. After that cameroon scored a free kick in the top corner, conceded a goal, and scored 2 more. From what ive seen, morocco, angola, cameroon, and ivory coast play pretty well. especially morocco and cameroon.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Post by cfrealmadrid » 23 Jan 2006, 02:09

i love cameroon's style of play. nigeria were also great a few years ago. they've declined a lot, but in their glory days, they were as good as brasil to watch i think
Hala Galacticos

ultimate_defender

Post by ultimate_defender » 24 Feb 2007, 06:09

Since Patrick Mboma retired Cameroon hasn't had that Fire they once had....

ballackfan
Veteran Member

Post by ballackfan » 12 Jun 2007, 14:55

One other thing is the pace of the player, probably are just as fast as anyway, although doing some fancy footwork does slow your pace down, the running was fast. I think was I liked to see in African football is the tactical aspect improvise, that's proably the thing holding down apart from being as good as some european teams.

Popants
New User

shibobo

Post by Popants » 15 Jul 2007, 15:43

E-Shibobo! In South Africa the game is very physical, barely legal tackles alot. oh yeah, shibobo means panna