Adu and the final 3 games.

Talk about football in the AFC, CAF, CONCACAF, CONMEBOL and the rest of the World
soccer11
Admin

Does anyone think Bruce Arena should use Freddy Adu in the final 3 qualifying games now that they locked up their spot? React to me

mrbeankid22

I think Bruce should give him a go. At least one game so he can see how the youngster does. They've got nothing to lose so I think it would be a good idea to put him out there. He should also bring in more young players besides Adu to see how they fair in International Play. That might give him more starting prospects for next year if there are any injuries during wc play.

coop8

i don't thinks it's a bad idea but freddy's got so much more time than some of the other guy like eddie lewis and jeff cunningham who really want to play in the world cup. and if bruce plays freedy then hes taking an oppurtintuy from those guys who's carrares are almost over.

mrbeankid22

Good point coop8. Never though of that. But Bruce should atleast give him 45 minutes of playing time in one game to see how he does.

dooglas
Veteran Member

i dont think he should, lets recap

Arena awards players that play well in mls.

tt and jc have played very well and got a call up

Adu has like 2 goals, granted he is very young.

adu has played on the international stage at the u-20s? i think it was u-20s, but i think he scored 0 and missed two penalties.

so why do you think he should get a call up?
Wow, he just megged three people, maradonas around the last defender, and missed the shot, then not five minutes later a guy on the other team shoots when he gets the ball and scores...

who would you rather be?

peps1154
Veteran Member

I agree with dooglas besides freddy is still to young for this maybe next year or 2 he will be able to make a diffrence.

mrbeankid22

Ya you guys are right. Adu hasn't done much, Jeff and Taylor deserve to play in a couple games.

oaz94112
New User

i think freddy adu is overated

dooglas
Veteran Member

hes overrated on purpose though, to gain media coverage and add some money to the sport.

when people here that hes 16 and hes playing pro they are like :O i gotta see this!
Wow, he just megged three people, maradonas around the last defender, and missed the shot, then not five minutes later a guy on the other team shoots when he gets the ball and scores...

who would you rather be?

cHaVa
Veteran Member

Yeah, maybe bruce should see how Adu does in an International game.... I mean what does he have to lose...

dooglas
Veteran Member

respect, my gosh, put players in the full squad cause they deserve to be there not because they are some kind of icon, he will make the full sqaud no doubt but not now.

who would you rather be?

R9KEvinR9
Veteran Member

what does he have to lose a game thas wat i think thats enough cus losing sux

lyricalgh

the answer is no
ghana is lining up a sweet offer for freddy that he cant refuse
if the us dont play him soon he will be playing for ghana
Last edited by lyricalgh on 11 Sep 2005, 03:51, edited 1 time in total.
'Alex Ferguson is the best manager I've ever had at this level. Well, he's the only manager I've actually had at this level. But he's the best manager I've ever had.' David Beckham

lyricalgh

and guys saying hes overrated shud at least
try to do achieve a 10th of what he has
they guy is 16 playing amonst 24 year olds
how much do u expect from him??????
at least he didnt quit a try-out like somebody i know of
and never got kicked out of a team
'Alex Ferguson is the best manager I've ever had at this level. Well, he's the only manager I've actually had at this level. But he's the best manager I've ever had.' David Beckham

dooglas
Veteran Member

well if we shouldnt expect nething from him at playing pro why is he playing pro?

im not saying he sucks, but im guessing 65% of the desicion to make him a pro was media, the rest was developing his massive potential, so right now just let him play.

who would you rather be?