Argentina in the Copa America.

Talk about football in the AFC, CAF, CONCACAF, CONMEBOL and the rest of the World
Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Argentina in the Copa America.

Post by Rome_Leader » 07 Jul 2011, 00:48

What's the deal with this starting lineup v. Colombia? After the Bolivia game, you'd think they'd be scared stiff. No Di Maria, Aguero or Higuain in the starting XI? Seems like they WANT to lose.

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 07 Jul 2011, 02:29

tevez and lavezzi have been such sh*tty ball hogs.

I cant believe i am saying this but Argentina was better under Maradona

eddy192837
Veteran Member

Post by eddy192837 » 07 Jul 2011, 02:48

Disappointing to tell the truth.. All of Argentinas attacks are built individually not collectively as a group.. They showed no chemistry whatsoever

panchester07
Veteran Member

Re: Argentina in the Copa America.

Post by panchester07 » 07 Jul 2011, 03:45

Rome_Leader wrote:What's the deal with this starting lineup v. Colombia? After the Bolivia game, you'd think they'd be scared stiff. No Di Maria, Aguero or Higuain in the starting XI? Seems like they WANT to lose.
Checho said he doesn't likes changes and believed in the starters, the ones he's been working with for a while and that he believed in them, only changing Zabaleta for Rojo - I personally think Aguero should have started since a while ago, even in the world cup over tevez, and di maria when he came on vs Bolivia gave that flair and change of pace that came in so handy for the argies - in the middle of the field there is no "motor" or a man that generates football by translating the ball and spreading it around so people have been bringing Pastore's name up and i think he would do good, or atleast better than Banega, but instead today he subbed in Gago :roll: :roll:

Argentina is not a team, fans where chanting "DIEGO, DIEEGO" and many fans said that the players are thiefs and should all be retired from the national team- there is no team they said -

Dissapointed and all the illusions that fans feel have been being thrown to hell in the last tournaments, and i don't know if i seen any other team with such bad chemistry - teams like Peru, Colombia, Paraguay, have been like ants at work, working together and as a unit, and have complicated argentina and brazil lately, specially the albicelestes, and i think its that all the squad is like "stars" and are sort of ball hogs and want to make special plays all the time, because in their clubs they are "the stars, the important players" but, a team can't have 11 super players

they say that there was no football in the copa america, not anymore, COLOMBIA played football today and Romero gave argentina the most valuable point in a while
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 07 Jul 2011, 11:27

It simply has to be the coaching, I'm afraid. As a Chelsea fan, I'm not one to blame the coaching, and I believe it should be seen out, but at least Maradona had the sense to front a decent lineup IMO. Messi, the greatest player in the world, thrives in the Barca system, but only there. An overhaul of the staff needs to happen for this team to succeed, I think. The talent is there; the tactics aren't.

All roads lead to Rome.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 07 Jul 2011, 23:30

If Messi was playing in the Chilean team, he would be doing really well. So far they have been the most impressive team of the tournament.

Lavezzi and Tevez who are the other two forwards that Messi supports dont know the concept of a back pass. I dont see how Lavezzi deserves to start over Aguero of all people. He just runs down the flank full speed. Aguero can cut zig zags against any defensive line any day

soccer11
Admin

Re: Argentina in the Copa America.

Post by soccer11 » 08 Jul 2011, 02:46

panchester07 wrote: Dissapointed and all the illusions that fans feel have been being thrown to hell in the last tournaments, and i don't know if i seen any other team with such bad chemistry - teams like Peru, Colombia, Paraguay, have been like ants at work, working together and as a unit, and have complicated argentina and brazil lately, specially the albicelestes, and i think its that all the squad is like "stars" and are sort of ball hogs and want to make special plays all the time, because in their clubs they are "the stars, the important players" but, a team can't have 11 super players
Glad you're seeing things my way :wink:

I am surprised by this. I didn't get to watch the game, but 0-0 is not good. I'd imagine some changes need to be made coming up for their next game. They're going to have to beat Costa Rica to move on it looks like.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 08 Jul 2011, 12:13

Not withstanding that, Costa Rica looked suitably impressive, despite playing a 10 man Bolivia that eventually dwindled to 9.

All roads lead to Rome.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 12 Jul 2011, 01:43

Argentina with 70% of the possesion in half time, playing beautiful and attacking, 8 shots on goal, and 3-4 sitters and clear cut chances, score is 1-0...... FINALLY, they are playing better and paying tribute to all the wolr class super players they have, paying tribute and representing the huge world power that they are, and have been underachieving for a while....2 wonderful assists to di maria and aguero, and another one to lavezzi which hit the post and bounced back to the keepers hands---- so hyper, so quick, so smooth just the best, just Lio!

Bias mode off, they are playing much better and have shown a huge improvement, the game is a monologue, only argentina has the ball and the chances .

obviously a lot of room for improvement but we can't compare them to other versions of argentina or spain right now, we need to compare them to how they played 3 days ago and how they are playing now.

Edit: 3-0

Lio man of the match, barca level, leaving players behind right and left with a ridiculous ease, transporting the ball from right to left, controlling it, lifting his head up and opening the field, same as in barca, number 10 played to his world class level, just missed his goal and was denied a couple times by the costa rican goal keeper-----

Argentina totally outplayed Costa Rica, the score could have been, 5 or 6 to 0 easily, higuian forgave the central americans so many times-.

My heart, was filled with joy, i thanked god for another alternative to football, barcelona and spain are cool but are a repetition game after another, i thanked god that a team managed to dominate, play well, attack, create many chances and have great players that can associate in a team, and threten individually.. sometimes they all passed the ball around and moved, and other times aguero or leo inspired themselves and left 2-3 behind and took a shot.....

this is how i want to see you play argentina, this is why many of us fill ourselves with illusions when we see your remarkable lineups and believe so much in your philosophy of football, playing with all the heart, leaving everything in the filed for the albiceleste jersey and attacking and beautifully....

nothing but praise and happiness because i can see an improvement in the team that i believe loves football the most and plays the game the way it should be
he
this game took away the worries i had of the day, i laughed, i jumped, i clapped, i rejoiced, i got enlightened, i fell inlove, this is how you play the game and this is how you treat the ball i can't explain the feeling of love happines and joy that i get when i see Argentina play like this, i fully comprehend why fans sack stadiums, why they weep to tears, and how they chant the 90 minutes, i comprehend that totally, if your team can play this way

sorry for all the bolony, but my spirit sings when i can see a team play this type of football- its not something that pleases my mind, its something that reaches my being a profound feeling and emotion, not just happiness something so much deeper and i know all the fans down there feel it more than i do

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 16 Jul 2011, 22:42

1-1 in the la plata WAR, Messi is on fire, and their's just too match talent in that field for the average mind to process.... lots of emotions and good football who else is watching?

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 16 Jul 2011, 23:13

I'm all over this. Also, Peru won in style earlier, a great finish to a good match. Gonna make for a good Semi-Final shakedown.

All roads lead to Rome.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 17 Jul 2011, 01:18

Haha wow, you know its destiny when the other goal keeper saves shot with his face, with his toenails, on the floor, yet in pk's you win the whole thing how many prayers did the goal keeper say, that goal had a curse ?

They manage to hold on and tie the game, playing inside their own box for 70% of the game, and whatever argentina does they keep getting denied by the posts, or an amazing save...

it also sucks because argentina finally found their style and formation, and cuold have won 3 or 4-1 today, and played well, but the criticism is gonna rain on Batista and his charge might be in risk...

anyway, this was one of the best matches i've watched in a long time, red cards, emotions, fights, discussions, screaming fans, fanstastic players and filled with action..

argentina deserved more to be fair, but we all know that in football its not about deserving to win, but actually putting the ball in the back of the net... hard lesson

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 17 Jul 2011, 16:03

I have come to the conclusion that Argentina will not win any major trophy unless the defence improves and they get a Riquelme type player.

Their main plan was "Give the ball to Messi". Uruguay saw that and double marked him, hacked him and kicked him until he was tired. I have NEVER seen Messi get up soooo slowly whenever he fell to the ground. Hell I have NEVER seen Messi face down on the ground for so long either.

Batista said that he wants to play like Barcelona. He got his tactics completely wrong. Barcelona has two midfield Maestros and Messi who finishes plays. Argentina just had one midfield maestro who performs better as a centre forward.

For Argentina it was just Messi creating plays and the rest of the cast was just lack lustre. The fact that Messi leads the tournament in chances created by a Midfielder should be an indication of not only his talents but HOW much Argentinian attack relied on him.

Dont get me wrong Messi is capable of being the CAM but he is better as a CF, receiving those passes near the box and either assisting or finishing. The reason Argentina dominated the Copa 4 years ago was because Riquelme was playing and he knew how to find Messi. Also Tevez wasnt such an arrogant shithead either.

Lastly there was not enough motivation either. Uruguay wanted it more than Argentina. If Argentina was playing Barcelona style then playing against 10 men would have spelled doom for Uruguay. Instead after perez' sending off, they just went "meh"

Also I have no clue what tactic they were using in the second half and extra time.

Lastly I reiterate.....Tevez is an overrated piece of sh*t