Neymar!!

Talk about football in the AFC, CAF, CONCACAF, CONMEBOL and the rest of the World
panchester07
Veteran Member

Neymar!!

Post by panchester07 » 28 Mar 2011, 10:46

Whats up, just wondering you guys' opinion on this young player?

He's 19, and he is already Brazil's national team star... Did anyone see the game vs Scotland yesterday, he had 2 posts, and 2 goals, and drove the defenders completely nuts....!!! The shocking thing is that he's 19... Had no respect for the scottish men, and made them dance for 90 minutes.. most youngsters get a few minutes to prove themselves in matches of this level, Neymar has amazing game and even better confidence.

I gotta say I really underrated this player, I thought he was all about useless scissors and stupid tricks like Cr7, but everytime he does a trick he leaves men behind so he has all the right to do them...

Discuss neymar individually, and how you see Brazil for their world cup in 2014.....

Something like.. Julio Cesar, Dani Alves, Luiz, Thiago Silva, Marcelo, Ramires, Lucas, Ganso, Pato, Damiao, Neymar,

Pretty young team hungry for titles, i hope they win their sixth one in a few years....
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 28 Mar 2011, 18:58

Brazil vs Scotland was the first time I got to see the much hyped Neymar in action.

He reminded me of the bastard child born off of Woody Woodpecker raping Carlos Dunga, so it was easy to pick him out of the yellow shirts on the field. :lol:

I only saw that fellow play for the first 40 minutes and I was already way too impressed by his footwork. Then he scored a goal when I saw him have a "bad" touch to control the ball allowing the defender to close him down (or so i thought from the experience of playing and watching the game for many years)....then he just picks out the bottom corner with an amazing curler :shock:

The second half, he didnt see the ball as much but that was because brazil took it easy on the possession or the scottish just increased the intensity (whatever). The few times he had the ball he didnt make any mistakes with it.

haha Panch, dance would be the perfect word to describe his footwork. He just does it around the ball with absolutely no physical awkwardness. its amazing! The best part is that it is not blindingly quick, just very tricky

Despite such potential in his dribbling ability, he plays a lot of one touch passes to keep possession and knows when to make a run or drop back to collect the ball, which shows a high level of intellect and understanding at such a young age.

I am glad he was wise enough to listen to Pele and continue maturing in Santos......unlike other young cracks who just move before they properly develop........i am looking at you, canales! :x

scottS4
Veteran Member

Post by scottS4 » 28 Mar 2011, 19:17

Yep Neymar is awesome. I haven't seen a whole game of him but the youtube compilations of him prove he can be a great player.

Brazil for WC 2014 could be amazing, especially with the home field advantage. Neymar, Luiz, Ganso, Rafael...
Last edited by scottS4 on 30 Mar 2011, 00:18, edited 1 time in total.

eddy192837
Veteran Member

Post by eddy192837 » 28 Mar 2011, 20:56

What a fckinnnnnn beast! This guy has given me a ton of ideas now to use in left midd (;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyJ25e82uK8

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 28 Mar 2011, 21:21

He needs to get a haircut though ffs, nearly as bad as the infamous "ronaldo special"

TommyGun
Veteran Member

Post by TommyGun » 28 Mar 2011, 21:35

klc123 wrote:He needs to get a haircut though ffs, nearly as bad as the infamous "ronaldo special"
This. The fact he's like 120 pounds doesn't help his case. The guy is a near skeleton with hamsik hair.

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 29 Mar 2011, 23:32

I got around to watching this game online and wow neymar was amazing. He caused so many problems for the defence and what amazes me is how smart he plays. He gets himself into space passes extremely well in close areas and has great vision of what's going on around him. I'm also glad to see him being loyal to a club i hope he doesn't go to chelsea it seems like it would be a waste. I think he would be so much more fun to watch in la liga.

desire10
Veteran Member

Post by desire10 » 30 Mar 2011, 08:06

I reckon he'll leave, I think he's still immature enough to do it. Although, he has some mentors telling him to stay in Brazil (was one of them Pele? Or was it Ronaldo De Lima?).

The whole monkey/banana business is a shame, but I think Neymar should of just let it go and save the hassle tbh.

He does simulate and "get injured" a lot, but what do you expect he's Brazilian.
Everything you need, is already inside.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 30 Mar 2011, 12:41

I watch a fair bit of Brazilian football as I enjoy their philosophy of allowing skillful player humiliating less skillful defenders its good to watch.

Im very impressed with Neymar, he seems to be very similar to Robinho but with a much better attitude and work rate which will hopefully see him achieving much more in the game.
desire10 wrote: The whole monkey/banana business is a shame, but I think Neymar should of just let it go and save the hassle tbh.
As soon as Neymar issues an apology im sure it will all be forgotten.

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

Met

Post by Met » 30 Mar 2011, 15:31

ScottyBoy wrote:I watch a fair bit of Brazilian football as I enjoy their philosophy of allowing skillful player humiliating less skillful defenders its good to watch.
Really? That seems harsh.

I hate it when people start looking into the futures of young players. It's like those scientific breakthroughs and you hear after years of trialling it might be of benefit to the population. I wish they would leave them alone. They all want to grow up so fast. I don't think Wilshere should be in England nor Arsenal. Give him a few appearances when the team does well and as a bonus and reward. I just wonder if the players hunger will soon wear off being under pressure when they are so young.

That said, good performance by Neymar. We can't read too much into it. It was a meaningless game against very weak opposition which didn't have much incentive to go all out.

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

Post by Zlatan5 » 30 Mar 2011, 18:13

I've been following Neymar for a good couple years now, as well as his bud Ganso. It's nice seeing them finally develop into star players, as well as Coutinho. Neymar has lots of potential, but it would be a pity to see him go to Chelsea, I'd much rather see him go to one of the Milans.

D10

Post by D10 » 31 Mar 2011, 05:54

Neymar is fantastic. His speed is second to none, it will be interesting to see who buys him in the summer transfer window. He reminds me of a faster, hungrier and stronger Robinho. I think he might be taller than Robinho.

As for his haircut, people need to cut him some slack, he is still a teenager.

What becomes of him is unsure at the moment, however his potential is limitless. You need to look only at the 2nd goal, the stepover to win the penalty, how quickly did his feet move to create the opportunity. The Scottish midfielder Charlie Adam that brought him down, started his tackle when Neymar was turning, in the time it took Neymar to turn, stepover and attempt to accelerate past the on coming defender Adam was just beginning his tackle.

One to watch.

desire10
Veteran Member

Post by desire10 » 31 Mar 2011, 07:08

As for his haircut, people need to cut him some slack, he is still a teenager.
True, but still he has hair like Poomba (spelling?) from The Lion King.
Everything you need, is already inside.

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 01 Apr 2011, 16:33

I'm a teenager, if anyone had that hair going to college they would get it ripped out of them. :lol:

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 07 Apr 2011, 07:31

I just came across this video, and hot damn Neymar has got some lightning quick feet, and some serious swag.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TaFyAjeWc0
Click it