CMISL

Talk about football in the AFC, CAF, CONCACAF, CONMEBOL and the rest of the World
scottS4
Veteran Member

CMISL

Post by scottS4 » 25 Jan 2010, 05:21

So I'm pretty sure no one here has heard of this, but its a semi pro league with 5 teams in western Canada. (Prince George, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon and Ottawa.) It is also affiliated with the PASL-Pro (pro arena soccer league) in the US. When the league is financially stable, they want to have both indoor and outdoor seasons.

I went to my first game today (Calgary United vs Texas Outlaws) and it was pretty entertaining. Calgary destroyed a Texas side probably missing it's best players (illegal Mexicans that couldn't get into Canada.) There were around 400 in attendance, so not bad.

It's good to see more pro/semi pro oppurtunities in western Canada are arising. Now, there is Vancouver Whitecaps, (professional) the CMISL, (semi professional) the Pacific Coast Soccer League (amateur) and the Alberta Major Soccer League. (amateur).

nick117
Veteran Member

Re: CMISL

Post by nick117 » 25 Jan 2010, 05:31

scottS4 wrote:So I'm pretty sure no one here has heard of this, but its a semi pro league with 5 teams in western Canada. (Prince George, Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon and Ottawa.) It is also affiliated with the PASL-Pro (pro arena soccer league) in the US. When the league is financially stable, they want to have both indoor and outdoor seasons.

I went to my first game today (Calgary United vs Texas Outlaws) and it was pretty entertaining. Calgary destroyed a Texas side probably missing it's best players (illegal Mexicans that couldn't get into Canada.) There were around 400 in attendance, so not bad.

It's good to see more pro/semi pro oppurtunities in western Canada are arising. Now, there is Vancouver Whitecaps, (professional) the CMISL, (semi professional) the Pacific Coast Soccer League (amateur) and the Alberta Major Soccer League. (amateur).
yeah it's always a good thing to see more things starting USA/canada will never catch up to europe untill we put out more chances for developing players. We also need to get all 50 states an mls team like throwball has.