Togo bus attacked, driver dead, 2 injured.

Talk about football in the AFC, CAF, CONCACAF, CONMEBOL and the rest of the World
MUFC1994
Veteran Member

Post by MUFC1994 » 11 Jan 2010, 00:00

panchester07 wrote: Mufc does the school Miami Country day sound to you?
Hilliel Comunity day school?

got a few jewish friends in those scools.. was roomates with em at IMG.. once agian cant sstopp recommending that place.
Ya when i was in Middle School, my team played there, I think we won.....it was a while ago.....but they are a really rich school. They have a pretty nice turf footy pitch.

And I Played at hillel last year for middle school....scored a goal and just raped them lol...they sucked.

But both of those schools are really rich but suck at sports
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 11 Jan 2010, 00:17

Guys, I fail to see why you are having a personal chat in this topic about a terrorist attack on Togo's bus. Take it to PMs, or some sh*t.

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 11 Jan 2010, 04:38

Brown: whatever those this have to do with the world cup in June.. Do people stop travelling to the anada because the twin towers got knocked down? Same situation.. two different countries that arent even border..

The togoleese government, sent the governmental airplane to Angola to withdraw the players.. The President directly ordered/petitioned for the players to not play... Eventhough yesterday they had said they were gonna play to honor the dead..

The togoleese government also wants an apology from the organizators for sending the togoleese players to camp in an unsafe area where terrorist attacks are common.. they where followed and lead by two police cops, but they wre totally surprised
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 11 Jan 2010, 06:35

Panchester its not even close to the same situation. The USA was attacked by a terrorist group outside North America. It is also extremely uncommon for something like that to happen in NA.

In Africa this type of thing isn't that uncommon and happens all over. Wasn't it just last year they tried to kill Martains? Plus despite what the FIFA might be trying to say S. Africa isn't a wonderful place. It has nice cities and is amazing visually, but it has great poverty which is going to lead to lots of people getting robbed. I promise you at LEAST 10 people will be killd due to robberies during the WC. On top of this it is far easier to cross borders and travel the nation in Africa compared to the US and a radical group would have no problem getting into S. Africa. Africa is a amazing place but the truth is that large parts of it are still in chaos. So really it has everything to do with it.

In the world today no one wants to step on anyones toes in the order to remain PC, but I don't care its the truth.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 11 Jan 2010, 07:22

2brown347 wrote:Panchester its not even close to the same situation. The USA was attacked by a terrorist group outside North America. It is also extremely uncommon for something like that to happen in NA.

In Africa this type of thing isn't that uncommon and happens all over. Wasn't it just last year they tried to kill Martains? Plus despite what the FIFA might be trying to say S. Africa isn't a wonderful place. It has nice cities and is amazing visually, but it has great poverty which is going to lead to lots of people getting robbed. I promise you at LEAST 10 people will be killd due to robberies during the WC. On top of this it is far easier to cross borders and travel the nation in Africa compared to the US and a radical group would have no problem getting into S. Africa. Africa is a amazing place but the truth is that large parts of it are still in chaos. So really it has everything to do with it.

In the world today no one wants to step on anyones toes in the order to remain PC, but I don't care its the truth.
I admit your right on that-- South Africa has beautiful cities but the criminality rate is still very high.. Their will be victims no doubt..

So will their be in Brazill, and any other none first world country with a fair amount of poverty like the mentioned..

Still, the situation is much much better in South Africa, and millions are been spent on security.. Yes before entering the stadiums and at bars and restaurants their will be robberies, but I guarantee you no situation like this will be repeated..

I know the crime over there is high, but have you read anythin about terrorist groups like the ones in Angola? hope not..

Had a good friend from S.A, Johansburg. He was my roomate, he said they stole in his house 5 times, and thehy pointed a gun at him and his family twice, he has dogs, a security guard and his paps has a 9 ml..

Crime in africa really isnt by expertise but I just wanted to point out that just because in angola theres a terrorist attack like this, there is no reason to expect that in South Africa theyre will be one..though you do bring up some good points

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 11 Jan 2010, 08:19

By bringing up south africa I wasn't trying to say I think something like this will happen. Just that the crime rate will be higher than I think should be allowed for an event like this. I think it was in s. africa last year that a bus driver ran over a bunch of people because his team lost.

Brazil will have crime, but it isn't a chaotic as Africa.

pickyourheadup
Veteran Member

Post by pickyourheadup » 11 Jan 2010, 15:14

Violent Crimes (2002)

Taken from http://www.worldmapper.org

Although the map is from eight years ago, not much has changed:

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_m ... per-capita

Crime isn't the only problem in SA. A relative of mine's house was broken into and the thieves stole bare essentials (blankets, food, etc), but not valuables.

Also, this attack was in Angola. Has there been any World Cup violence in SA yet?
My Architecture Blog(updated 02-12-13)

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 11 Jan 2010, 17:31

I love how australia looks like someone just sneezed on the map :D
Crime isn't the only problem in SA. A relative of mine's house was broken into and the thieves stole bare essentials (blankets, food, etc), but not valuables.
Thats very eye opening and kinda forlorn...

Although haven they hosed world cups in Brazil? which looks pretty fat on that map

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 15 Jan 2010, 23:12

Just a few neutral facts I would like to say...

1) 1.3 billion rams have been spent on security in South Africa.. 1 ram = 3.5 $.... so hugee, riduculos atmospheric amounts of money have been spent on security... Almot unconceivable think about it, 5 billion dollars, in just security...

2) Angola is 3.5 hours flight from South Africa.... They have different inteliggences, different police departments, different organizations, and its a much different event..

3) 3.5 hours is From London to Moscow...

4) In 2002 when theyre were terrorist attacks in Spain, (the trains exploded), did the greeks organizing Athens 2004, have to respond or worry about being attacked? Did people start talking.. "since spain got attacked, greece should take care ?".... in 2005 there were huge terrorist attempts (on airplane highjacks and bombs) in England... Did the Germany 2006 organizers have to take responsibly, respond or worry about that? Nope, so why should South Africa, have to answer for what happened in Angola?

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 15 Jan 2010, 23:44

Because Spain, Greece, England and Germany aren't 3rd world nations. It's a hell of a lot harder for a terrorist to attack a developed nation.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 16 Jan 2010, 01:16

2brown347 wrote:Because Spain, Greece, England and Germany aren't 3rd world nations. It's a hell of a lot harder for a terrorist to attack a developed nation.
But it happened in Spain already, yet they still have the champs league final there..

It also is a lot harder to attack a nation that invested 5 Billion $ in security either it being first,second, or third world..

are you even sure south africa is third world?

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 16 Jan 2010, 01:18

I'm pretty sure he was talking about Angola, but that's irrelevant.

Fact remains, terrorists will cause havoc in any country, developed or not, and you can't take it for granted. Hell, being a developed country gives them all the more reason to target said country.

All roads lead to Rome.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 16 Jan 2010, 01:29

yeah... but the obvious and every terrorists number 1 target would obviously be the world cup..

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 16 Jan 2010, 01:38

If the WC was anywhere else, I'm sure I'd put money on an incident. Just basing increased likelihood off of a troubled area is unfair.

You're right; they've poured a ridiculous amount of money into security.

All roads lead to Rome.

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 16 Jan 2010, 12:58

That map is a load of rubbish in my opinion.

There is violent crimes everywhere, reguardless of the state of the country, the human race is flawed and is and always will be evil and self-destructing.

However the balance of crime is so poorly represented by that map its a joke.

Are you trying to tell me that Japan is the most violent country in the world?

Or that the middle east is more peaceful than the whole of europe?

Thats just bizarre...

Whats even more bizarre is how the map says that NORTH KOREA is one of the most peaceful countries in the world? are you out of your fu**ing mind?