Beckham Booed At Home

Talk about football in the AFC, CAF, CONCACAF, CONMEBOL and the rest of the World

Does Beckham deserve to be booed?

Yes
44%
No
56%

Total votes: 16

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 21 Jul 2009, 22:57

The thing that makes people like Donovan mad is that Beckham makes far more than anyone else in the league and hasn't played many games for the team, and lets be honest if you have watched the team the last 2 years he hasn't really produced.

The fans have the right to make their opinions heard, if they're taking it too far or not is personal opinion I guess.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 » 22 Jul 2009, 00:24

KoNJa04 wrote:Well i would love to see Becks end the the Premiership, i heard a rumor that Tottenham and Chelsea are tracking him...

It would nice to see a star, and a great player end in his country, if only he would end at United...

Idc what you say, he was/is a great player, and he deserves better treatment than this, Galaxy fans didnt boo Donovan when he went to Munich on loan, but they boo Beckham, they didnt boo Donovan because they said he deserves to play in Europe and Build up his career, Beckham should be allowed to have the same chance. even if his career has already been built, he should be allowed to make decisions that would benefit him and his family.
I agree but Donovan went to Germany in the off season. He was back, for the start of the season. I think the fans were mad that Beckham extended his loan into the MLS season. Thats another thing. Why does the MLS season start when it does. I can only think of one other league that has a similar schedule and thats Sweden. I guess its because of the NFL season, since most clubs have to share a stadium with an NFL team.

I don't care for the guy but you have to admit, being his age and still being able to play and score in a league like Italy is good. He never should have joined MLS. He has proven he can still hack it in top leagues and if he wants to make it to SA he needs to be in Europe, per the England manager.

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 22 Jul 2009, 01:09

arsenalfc08 wrote:
KoNJa04 wrote:Well i would love to see Becks end the the Premiership, i heard a rumor that Tottenham and Chelsea are tracking him...

It would nice to see a star, and a great player end in his country, if only he would end at United...

Idc what you say, he was/is a great player, and he deserves better treatment than this, Galaxy fans didnt boo Donovan when he went to Munich on loan, but they boo Beckham, they didnt boo Donovan because they said he deserves to play in Europe and Build up his career, Beckham should be allowed to have the same chance. even if his career has already been built, he should be allowed to make decisions that would benefit him and his family.
I agree but Donovan went to Germany in the off season. He was back, for the start of the season. I think the fans were mad that Beckham extended his loan into the MLS season. Thats another thing. Why does the MLS season start when it does. I can only think of one other league that has a similar schedule and thats Sweden. I guess its because of the NFL season, since most clubs have to share a stadium with an NFL team.

I don't care for the guy but you have to admit, being his age and still being able to play and score in a league like Italy is good. He never should have joined MLS. He has proven he can still hack it in top leagues and if he wants to make it to SA he needs to be in Europe, per the England manager.
Your right that he never should have, but he did. If he wants to go on loan I'm fine with that, even if it extends into the MLS season. But if thats what he plans to do he shouldn't be the leagues highest paid player. It'd be like Kobe being LA's highest paid player then going and playing in Spain to help build their league on loan. A lot of players and fans wouldn't be happy about it

chicagofirefan
Veteran Member

Post by chicagofirefan » 22 Jul 2009, 02:55

Deserves it completly

Major Props for LARS

james_torres9

Beckham

Post by james_torres9 » 22 Jul 2009, 04:55

Beckham shouldn't have been booed as he's done so much for soccer in America and the amount of money he's brought to the galaxy and the mls alone is ridiculous. I also heard that the beckham la galaxy shirt is the most sold last year
sig by messi14

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Post by Croatianblood1 » 22 Jul 2009, 13:29

Okay I don't understand where all this sympathy for Beckham is coming from. He is making $$$$$$$$$$ out the ass and he barely even plays for LA and he is the supposed captain. I would be upset. I don't care how good you are because if you are the captain and are supposed to be leading the team and instead are off playing for other clubs then you deserve some negative responses.

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 22 Jul 2009, 14:53

You reminded me Croatianblood that Beckham also walk into the team and instantly took the captain spot from Donavon without actually proving anything for the team yet. That'd piss me off too if I was Donavon, working hard for years to become captain then losing that spot to a big name who doesn't give 100% for the team.

mustahfa14

Post by mustahfa14 » 22 Jul 2009, 15:12

hes helped soccer in america? Maybe publicity and selling LA shirts and tickets, but thats not really helping soccer. Yea hes making money for LA, but don't forget they still have to pay beckham haha. He pretty much screwed over LA, i dont know how you guys dont see that. THats like ronaldo going to madrid then after playing 1/4 of the season, going on loan to some other team, just bailing on you. doesnt help soccer in america if you are in europe playing.

And for those who are saying he wants to play in the world cup, and he is trying to raise his stock by playing with AC Milan....seriously? That is true for a fact, but if he wanted to play for England in the world cup, why the hell would he come to the galaxy. He sure as hell didn't come for the soccer.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 » 22 Jul 2009, 19:07

Apparently Beckham called out a fan onto the field during halftime of the LA v Milan game. The fan went on to the field but was quickly subdued by a handful of security guards. The fan was later banned for life.

Fourstar

Post by Fourstar » 23 Jul 2009, 06:33

hes helped soccer in america? Maybe publicity and selling LA shirts and tickets, but thats not really helping soccer. Yea hes making money for LA, but don't forget they still have to pay beckham haha
Before Beckham came to the US I don't remember ever seeing soccer on tv except for the World Cup and Telemundo. So I'd say he helped out soccer in America.

james_torres9

beckham

Post by james_torres9 » 23 Jul 2009, 08:48

thank you, that is exactly what i was meaning, when beckham arrived mls was on espn a lot more and i live in australia and was seeing more of mls than serie a. beckham made people he werent interested in football at all watch it as he was such a superstar to have in america, and if him playing for galaxy gets more people watching football in america means that he has definately helped the football out there
sig by messi14

mustahfa14

Post by mustahfa14 » 23 Jul 2009, 16:35

they had mls games on espn2 evey thursday and saturday...just like they do now....

they also played champions league games on tues. and wed. World cup like you said, telemundo, gold cup, open cup, euro, and most of the USMNT games. all this was on tv before that without FSC. People weren't interested in going to see the soccer played, they jsut went to games to see the famous david beckham.

However I will say, those people who went to the games, some of them did enjoy soccer. So yes he has helped soccer in america in a few ways. I just feel he should have stayed with the galaxy instead of going on loan after his first year right away. Just an opinion. But don't start ranting and raving about how more soccer is on tv because of him. its always been there!

chicagofirefan
Veteran Member

Post by chicagofirefan » 23 Jul 2009, 18:17

arsenalfc08 wrote:Apparently Beckham called out a fan onto the field during halftime of the LA v Milan game. The fan went on to the field but was quickly subdued by a handful of security guards. The fan was later banned for life.
Not true...

Beckham went to the players during halftime, specifically calling out one of the fans apparently-which shouldn't have been done.

That one fan (who was drinking i might add), accepted that invitation by jumping onto the field but being quickly subdued by security.

There were talks of Beckham holding out his hand for a handshake, to apparently end the feud. Yet when that is mentioned-it is stated that he offers his hand and THEN the fan jumps onto the field. What really happened was that he held out his hand, taunting in a way, after the fan was being held down by security.

The Fan has not received any lifetime ban- or any punishment at all. LARS Officials will be having a meeting later on this week with Galaxy Officials to discuss the matter

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 » 23 Jul 2009, 20:58

chicagofirefan wrote:
arsenalfc08 wrote:Apparently Beckham called out a fan onto the field during halftime of the LA v Milan game. The fan went on to the field but was quickly subdued by a handful of security guards. The fan was later banned for life.
Not true...

Beckham went to the players during halftime, specifically calling out one of the fans apparently-which shouldn't have been done.

That one fan (who was drinking i might add), accepted that invitation by jumping onto the field but being quickly subdued by security.

There were talks of Beckham holding out his hand for a handshake, to apparently end the feud. Yet when that is mentioned-it is stated that he offers his hand and THEN the fan jumps onto the field. What really happened was that he held out his hand, taunting in a way, after the fan was being held down by security.

The Fan has not received any lifetime ban- or any punishment at all. LARS Officials will be having a meeting later on this week with Galaxy Officials to discuss the matter
Do you have a link? The reports I've read said the fan was banned.
The Los Angeles Galaxy fan who left the stands to confront David Beckham on Sunday faces a lifetime ban from all Home Depot Center events.
The multisport facility's policy is to charge anyone who enters the field with trespassing and ban that person from returning to the venue, "no matter the circumstance," says Home Depot Center communications director Alison Groendal Salcedo.

If that person returns for any event, he or she could be arrested again for trespassing.

The ban is imposed by the facility, not the Galaxy.
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/soccer/m ... fans_N.htm

chicagofirefan
Veteran Member

Post by chicagofirefan » 23 Jul 2009, 22:24

arsenalfc08 wrote:
chicagofirefan wrote:
Not true...

Do you have a link? The reports I've read said the fan was banned.
•Did LARS ban anyone?
No. We do, however, have an actual meeting scheduled later this week with Galaxy officials to discuss the matter.

•Will we appeal the ban?
We have a meeting scheduled later this week with the Galaxy to discuss the events.
Head of LARS