Beckham Booed At Home

Talk about football in the AFC, CAF, CONCACAF, CONMEBOL and the rest of the World

Does Beckham deserve to be booed?

Yes
44%
No
56%

Total votes: 16

KoNJa04
Veteran Member

Beckham Booed At Home

Post by KoNJa04 » 21 Jul 2009, 01:02

So many LA fans werent happy that Beckham went to Milan on loan for the winter seasons, his first game back, and the one im watching now (ironically LA vs AC Milan) the fans have been booing him every touch he gets, even when he produces a good performance he is getting shot down, if your a Galaxy fan, or you just want to comment, i would like to know, does he really deserve it???

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 21 Jul 2009, 08:38

Well if I wanted the best player ever to grace my team stay, I'd boo him too?

This just ridiculous can't they see that hes to big for this club and was only dragged out to L.A. by his wife, he was never gonna stay long, they should just appreciate he ever came, he literally put them on the map... Before Beckham I hadn't a clue who LA Galaxy were

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 21 Jul 2009, 12:46

From one point of view, I can understand the Galaxy fans but they really do have to understand that they are just a pub side. They should just appreciate what they have both on the field and off.

He is has more talent that the rest of the squad put together and is one of the few players in the world that clubs can actually make money out of.

I do know a Galaxy fan and I can't remember the last time I saw him so bitter about anything football related. Tried to reason with him but he is practically foaming at the mouth with anger.

They deserve the Ginger Sven as manager.

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Post by Croatianblood1 » 21 Jul 2009, 14:29

I would be upset though if the captain of my club went off loaning himself to other clubs. He doesn't care about LA Galaxy. He cares about getting back into the England national team.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 » 21 Jul 2009, 15:39

I was shocked that he even made the move to LA. LA splashed the cash and he signed. Now he realizes he can still play in Europe and make it back to the national team so he is going to leave. He'll buy out his contract in November.

MLS is turning into a league for washed up pro's who can't make it anywhere else. I like MLS but lets face it a lot of things need to change, mainly in salary. The salaries are way to screwed up. These poor rookies are living on $13,000 a year, while Beckham,Blanco and others make millions. Veterns of the league are lucky to be getting $30K.

This was a bad move all around in terms of the ending but I agree with NBP it put LA on the map in terms of world exposure. But did anyone really believe Beckham would make soccer big in this country? He only made himself even bigger. All those celeb news channels couldn't get enough of his every move. His wife had a "special documentary" tv special, and I think even threw out the first pitch of a Dodgers game :roll:

mustahfa14

Post by mustahfa14 » 21 Jul 2009, 16:20

Yea I completely agree on the salary bit. Except you went a little extreme with the money lol.

rookies average about 30k, some like zakuani get about 60k, and veterans end up around 60-150k. Definately not bad, but if you dont get a lot of playing time, you dont get bearly any money. you get that rookie 30k which for one year is not very good.

http://www.mlsplayers.org/salary_info.html

thats a website that talks about the salaries, and then the links towards the bottom show every players salary in 2008.

As the for the beckham thing, I think booing isn't out of hand. I mean he he came for the money, yet stated he came to america to help soccer grow here. Doesn't really help when you bail on them and go on loan to AC Milan in europe.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 » 21 Jul 2009, 16:26

mustahfa14 wrote:Yea I completely agree on the salary bit. Except you went a little extreme with the money lol.

rookies average about 30k, some like zakuani get about 60k, and veterans end up around 60-150k. Definately not bad, but if you dont get a lot of playing time, you dont get bearly any money. you get that rookie 30k which for one year is not very good.

http://www.mlsplayers.org/salary_info.html

thats a website that talks about the salaries, and then the links towards the bottom show every players salary in 2008.

As the for the beckham thing, I think booing isn't out of hand. I mean he he came for the money, yet stated he came to america to help soccer grow here. Doesn't really help when you bail on them and go on loan to AC Milan in europe.
Players on development contracts only make 13K a year, that is a fact. Theres some guys on that list only making 20K, that is hard to live on. Rookies on dev. contracts are forced to live with host families because they can't live on 13K a year alone.

The rookies who make 30K signed with Generation Adidas, that is why they make more money. Part of the money can be used to finish school.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 » 21 Jul 2009, 16:44

No one, especially Beckham, should be surprised he was booed. It was known for months he would be booed.

I'm surprised he didn't change shirts at halftime during the LA v Milan game.

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 21 Jul 2009, 16:56

I think any hardcore LA galaxy fan has every right to boo Beckham, but they still are stupid if they do
But I'd say 90% of the people booing him are glory hunters who decided to support Galaxy when they netted a superstar

And why do they think booing him at his house will make him stay?
mustahfa14 wrote:As the for the beckham thing, I think booing isn't out of hand. I mean he he came for the money, yet stated he came to america to help soccer grow here. Doesn't really help when you bail on them and go on loan to AC Milan in europe.
He came here for his wifes career.
He made me watch the only to MLS games of my life and practically everyone gave Galaxy amplified attention, imo he did help American 'soccer' hugely, which will only become apparten when he leaves
Which will happen while hes getting booed, he knows hes too big for a club like that, and booing him just reminds him

And for any player at that age, getting to the World Cup is more important than your cash tied connection with a smalltime club

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 21 Jul 2009, 17:48

When Beckham finally leaves that pub team, this is the only thing that Galaxy will mean to anyone outside of LA

Then baldy Donovan can go back to being a the most important medium sized fish in a very small pond as he is completely overshadowed by players in the league of Beckham.

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

FootballAddict5

Post by FootballAddict5 » 21 Jul 2009, 17:57

Beckham should not be booed, he has the world cup to think in mind and im sure if all the fans who booed him where in his place they would do the exact same thing.

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

Post by Zlatan5 » 21 Jul 2009, 18:24

Absolute garbage. Donovan and the fans have the right to try and accuse Beckham of anything. He is trying to stay in top footballing form, something that cannot be done in the MLS. Here is another thing, Landon is a star, in America, I'll give him that. But Beckham, he's an icon, when Landon dies everyone will be sad, maybe a little mentionon ESPN. When Beckham dies, it will be like a week of mourning, like MJ. We should feel blessed Beckham even takes the time to play in the US to help the sport. Even if he is in it for the money, which he's not. He's here, regardless, and it brings in more fans, thus making the sport grow here.

KoNJa04
Veteran Member

Post by KoNJa04 » 21 Jul 2009, 18:50

Well i would love to see Becks end the the Premiership, i heard a rumor that Tottenham and Chelsea are tracking him...

It would nice to see a star, and a great player end in his country, if only he would end at United...

Idc what you say, he was/is a great player, and he deserves better treatment than this, Galaxy fans didnt boo Donovan when he went to Munich on loan, but they boo Beckham, they didnt boo Donovan because they said he deserves to play in Europe and Build up his career, Beckham should be allowed to have the same chance. even if his career has already been built, he should be allowed to make decisions that would benefit him and his family.

If you desire that life then pursuit it.. end of story.. no buts, no hypothetical situations, no what ifs.. you want something go get it ..
~~Panchester07

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

Post by Zlatan5 » 21 Jul 2009, 20:47

I agree with you completely Konja

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 21 Jul 2009, 20:58

KoNJa04 wrote:Well i would love to see Becks end the the Premiership, i heard a rumor that Tottenham and Chelsea are tracking him...

It would nice to see a star, and a great player end in his country, if only he would end at United...

Idc what you say, he was/is a great player, and he deserves better treatment than this, Galaxy fans didnt boo Donovan when he went to Munich on loan, but they boo Beckham, they didnt boo Donovan because they said he deserves to play in Europe and Build up his career, Beckham should be allowed to have the same chance. even if his career has already been built, he should be allowed to make decisions that would benefit him and his family
In the end your totally right

Its his career and usually football careers last barely 15 years
He's has every right to make the most of it

Jesus he can go back to galaxy when he 43... He'll still be the best player there