why the u.s womens national team sucks sh*t

Talk about football in the AFC, CAF, CONCACAF, CONMEBOL and the rest of the World
John_Bob
Veteran Member
Posts: 395
Joined: 05 Aug 2007, 04:43

Post

fr33k1ck wrote:
John_Bob wrote:
fr33k1ck wrote:We could just invade Canada and steal their polar bears. Why do we have Canadian teams in our sports leagues? If you think about it, Canada really doesn't have much accept for oil, bears, and ice.
Why do ignorant people such as yourself make posts like this. You just screwed up the whole argument and gave America a bad reputation. Thanks a lot. :D
Do you think this post was supposed to be serious? I talked about invading Canada for polar bears.
It does not matter if your serious don't post idiotic stuff like that.

canadianfootballer
Senior Member
Posts: 104
Joined: 26 Dec 2007, 22:03

Post

i will say this again our economy wont fail once we kick out stephen harper out of office well start taking our business (lumber, oil , wheat) to china :D

fr33k1ck
Veteran Member
Posts: 362
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:14

Post

John_Bob wrote:
fr33k1ck wrote:
John_Bob wrote: Why do ignorant people such as yourself make posts like this. You just screwed up the whole argument and gave America a bad reputation. Thanks a lot. :D
Do you think this post was supposed to be serious? I talked about invading Canada for polar bears.
It does not matter if your serious don't post idiotic stuff like that.
Chill. I was trying to calm the tension by making an un-serious post. It's common forum etiquette. (I think)

ultimate_defender
Senior Member
Posts: 107
Joined: 28 Dec 2005, 00:27
Location: Houston, TX

Post

This is the first and possibly last post i'm making on this topic. Since canadianfootballer's opinion aggravates me greatly. (skip to the last five lines if you don't wanna read all of it.)
canadianfootballer wrote:you know why i think they suck? BECAUSE the women in brazil argentina etc. don't have as many rights and freedoms as women in the u.s theres more discrimination against them and sh*t thus less girls there playing football...
There is some truth to this, I'm sure there is plenty of discrimination towards women in other countries who try to play sports, however North, central and South America are not a good example when you compare it to women trying to play in the middle east. (yet they still manage to get teams together AND create female referees)

I have Friends from Mexico, El Salvador, Colombia, and Brazil that tell me their girls can play just as much as guys do and that in some cases their girls (my friend from Mexico emphasized this) are better than guys here in America. So who says they're playing less football?

Furthermore, the way you support the idea that our women's national team sucks also implies that any country that doesn't have alot of discrimination against their women should automatically have good football teams. I also like the way you left canada out of your initial idiotic deduction.
canadianfootballer wrote:...yet u will see many games of mens teams where lots of women are watching the u.s womens team and canadas are only good cuz they have more rights and a better program but when brazil argentina etc. womens get more rights and a better program to develop them...
First and foremost reread the above quote aloud and tell me if it makes sense to you?

Secondly, aren't you forgetting European teams? they have better football programs to train women and a larger football following in general. Plus you can't argue about them not having rights. So by your logic teams like England, Spain, and France should own everyone else all the time.

Who told you the U.S. had a better training program than those in Brazil, Argentina, etc? We are just now setting up a league system for our girls. I mean, your deduction might be true but I want you to prove it.
canadianfootballer wrote:... u will see the u.s womens team losing more often and sucking sh*t like the mens team. The u.s womens team is not that good there is just a lack of competition but its coming (example: marta owning the u.s ).
Here you're just trying to start an argument....

Lack of competition? O rly? You yourself just said other teams are beating us that shouldn't be. If there were no competition for us we'd win everything all the time.

I like they way you once again exclude Canada from this part of your argument.
canadianfootballer wrote:edit: im not saying womens football sucks im just saying that the us womens team sucks brazil all the way! brazil owned u guys 4-0
First lemme start off by saying that i've scanned a few of the posts on the five pages and feel I need to remind you guys this isn't a USA vs Canada Issue. This is a USA vs Canadianfootballer issue.

Canadian Footballer Tell me something? Have you deducted that the U.S. Women's Team "sucks sh*t" by watching them and comparing them to other teams or by pulling random deductions out of your butt?

It's not an issue of Women's rights in North, Central or South America. It's strictly and issue of support for the team and the proper training. And like I said above, the situation becomes different when you compare western teams to those in the middle east (THAT'S when discrimination becomes and issue). On that front you can see why Brazil is so capable.

You say we suck more than brazil? O rly?

In a country such as brazil where they live and breath football why would they keep their girls from playing it? If anything why aren't you explaining why Brazil outranks you?

USA ranks 1.

Brazil ranks 4. (8 being their lowest ever)

Canada Ranks 9. (9 being your highest ever)
What's your excuse?

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/ranki ... nking.html
Image

Image

chicagofirefan
Veteran Member
Posts: 789
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 01:22

Post

^^^^^Now that deserves atleast 4 stars^^^^^

:mrgreen: USA USA USA!!!!
Bulgaria is our faith, Levski is our Freedom

Anymi
Veteran Member
Posts: 781
Joined: 21 Dec 2007, 20:09

Post

messi19 wrote:
Mitab14 wrote:
messi19 wrote:Yeah, but who cares about woman's football. IT SUCKS AND IS BORING!!!
The women care. Why can't they enjoy the sport as we guys do?
Beacause how many teenage girls do you know that or more interested in soccer than shopping? I would rather play scrabble then watch women's football.
I love Scrabble.

I also dont mind watching womens soccer. There not very fast or strong but one game i was watching them pass. Theyd show most teams off the park anyday.

Had2bHarry
Veteran Member
Posts: 935
Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 06:45

Post

messi19 wrote:
Mitab14 wrote:
messi19 wrote:Yeah, but who cares about woman's football. IT SUCKS AND IS BORING!!!
The women care. Why can't they enjoy the sport as we guys do?
Beacause how many teenage girls do you know that or more interested in soccer than shopping? I would rather play scrabble then watch women's football.
Not every girl out there obsesses about new clothes and shopping. You can bag the quality of womens football all you want, but you dont have to over generalise and assume that all we want to do is shop and chase after boys. It so happens that thousands of women go to watch football games every week, all over the world.
Image
Sig by me

Anymi
Veteran Member
Posts: 781
Joined: 21 Dec 2007, 20:09

Post

Had2bHarry wrote:
messi19 wrote:
Mitab14 wrote: The women care. Why can't they enjoy the sport as we guys do?
Beacause how many teenage girls do you know that or more interested in soccer than shopping? I would rather play scrabble then watch women's football.
Not every girl out there obsesses about new clothes and shopping. You can bag the quality of womens football all you want, but you dont have to over generalise and assume that all we want to do is shop and chase after boys. It so happens that thousands of women go to watch football games every week, all over the world.
As i know your from Australian H2BH have you seen the W League on ABC sometimes. They are not that bad. Nothing like the brazilian chicks but okay. As i said before the womens game is not as physical and fast as the mens but skills wise I see a comparison. Some of the passing that the women were doing was far more attractive football then some of those damn A league games.

P.S cant wait till Robbie comes. Itll get me into my national comp a bit more.

Had2bHarry
Veteran Member
Posts: 935
Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 06:45

Post

Yes, I watched the W-league, I loved it. I was watching the Matildas 2-2 draw with Italy, and yeah youre right, they can pass the ball quite intrically.

The key to improving the standard of it is to get the domestic and international competitions at the same level. This way they can have high quality game time week in week out. I mean, the W-league is great but, 10 rounds for one season isnt sufficient ebough when you're talking about preparing the girls for international games, and not just with Australia. Every country could use a decent national competition for thier female players with at least 25 rounds.
Image
Sig by me

Wanderer
Veteran Member
Posts: 1084
Joined: 22 Mar 2007, 01:42

Post

Had2bHarry wrote:
messi19 wrote:
Mitab14 wrote: The women care. Why can't they enjoy the sport as we guys do?
Beacause how many teenage girls do you know that or more interested in soccer than shopping? I would rather play scrabble then watch women's football.
Not every girl out there obsesses about new clothes and shopping. You can bag the quality of womens football all you want, but you dont have to over generalise and assume that all we want to do is shop and chase after boys. It so happens that thousands of women go to watch football games every week, all over the world.
lol...if only..

anyway I rmb watching a Brazil vs USA female game...and it was real slow...it was like they were strolling in the mall lookin for the best shoes bargain...

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member
Posts: 2117
Joined: 03 Jul 2007, 20:34

Post

I watched the premeir of the womens league here in the US, it was on tv. I don't know if it was just nerves or inexperience but some of the passing was really bad. A lot of really cheap giveaways and passing straight to the other team. It settled down a lot later on which made me think it was just nerves. A lot of the women are fresh out of college so I could see the nervousness. The crowds were really good, a lot bigger than I expected.

I've heard some say they don't want the womens pro league because it hurts MLS. Apparently MLS is still growing and needs all the support. LOL.

Had2bHarry
Veteran Member
Posts: 935
Joined: 16 Dec 2007, 06:45

Post

I didnt watch the game, but if I recall, the US plays a very direct style. They televised the U/17 world cup on SBS and you could see it with thier youth players as well.

As for MLS not wanting all the attention to go to WPS... last I checked, the mens side is ranked 20 something and never won a world cup, whereas the womens side are the most successfull side ever and a major powerhouse, I think its fair to say they deserve attention.
Image
Sig by me

Post Reply