U.S. Women National Team - Women's Soccer

Talk about football in the AFC, CAF, CONCACAF, CONMEBOL and the rest of the World

How many of you actually watch Women's soccer?

Whenever I can!!!1shift-one
21%
Sometimes.
32%
During the Women's World Cup.
21%
Never.
26%

Total votes: 19

John_Bob
Veteran Member

Post by John_Bob » 21 Jul 2008, 23:45

arsenalfc08 wrote:
John_Bob wrote:
arsenalfc08 wrote: I'm sorry JB I can't help but laugh a little. Um well its shaped for women's body so i'm assuming it would be a little snug around the tummy depending on the size of the jersey. Are you talking more around the chest area or actually stomach?
Okay, if you were to imagine a jersey that fit fine on me the only problem is that it is tight at my stomach area. The actual chest area is fine (probably due to the bust size differential between me and a women.) Also, it is size XXL. And I can't sell it or give it away because it was a gift from my grandmother.
aww well i don't know if you could do anything in terms of letting it out in the stomach area or anything. My only idea is taking it to a seamstress or someone you know that sews (if anyone) and seeing if they have any suggestions.
Yeah I think I am just gonna wear it at home wear nobody will see me because it is really comfortable but it just looks weird; gives me a nice hourglass figure.

Nat_H
Veteran Member

Post by Nat_H » 21 Jul 2008, 23:55

Why wear it at all? Does your grandmother make you or something? I don't know its just kind of wierd...

Davidson9
Veteran Member

Post by Davidson9 » 21 Jul 2008, 23:58

To be honest I only really watch it during the World Cup.

Otherwise, I can't really be bothered, it's never on TV where I am anyways.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 » 22 Jul 2008, 00:00

Nat_H wrote:Why wear it at all? Does your grandmother make you or something? I don't know its just kind of wierd...
well i'm sure he doesn't want to be disrespectful to his grandmother. It's not her fault she didn't know.

John_Bob
Veteran Member

Post by John_Bob » 22 Jul 2008, 00:08

arsenalfc08 wrote:
Nat_H wrote:Why wear it at all? Does your grandmother make you or something? I don't know its just kind of wierd...
well i'm sure he doesn't want to be disrespectful to his grandmother. It's not her fault she didn't know.
What arsenalfc08 said but also because it is comfy. In addition, there is the prospect that I might be a cross-dresser and wearing women's clothes excites me. Just kidding pay no attention to the previous sentence. Thirdly, I am a supporter of U.S. soccer be it men's or women's.

Nat_H
Veteran Member

Post by Nat_H » 22 Jul 2008, 00:13

OK, lol, its your choice (or your grandma's I guess), I definitely wouldn't.

And more on topic, the only high level soccer I have actually seen in a sporting venue has been Women's World Cup play. It was several years ago, outside of recent memory, but if I could get cheap tickets to see high level women's soccer, I would.

ultimate_defender

Post by ultimate_defender » 22 Jul 2008, 00:20

John_Bob wrote: What arsenalfc08 said but also because it is comfy. In addition, there is the prospect that I might be a cross-dresser and wearing women's clothes excites me. Just kidding pay no attention to the previous sentence. Thirdly, I am a supporter of U.S. soccer be it men's or women's.
You're not talking about the "Gold" jersey are you? I think it looks odd.
Nat_H wrote: And more on topic, the only high level soccer I have actually seen in a sporting venue has been Women's World Cup play. It was several years ago, outside of recent memory, but if I could get cheap tickets to see high level women's soccer, I would.
I dunno where you live but here's something you might be interested in....
http://www.womensprosoccer.com/
They'll be starting games in 2009...

Nat_H
Veteran Member

Post by Nat_H » 22 Jul 2008, 01:19

Well I guess what I meant to say was that if I wasn't broke I'd buy tickets. But my point was it'd be worth it :wink: thanks anyway

fawver15

Post by fawver15 » 22 Jul 2008, 02:44

JB your a stallion haha.

BGbeast23
Veteran Member

Post by BGbeast23 » 22 Jul 2008, 02:48

JB, that U.S. women's jersey sounds so sexy to me :wink: .

barcahooligan
Veteran Member

Post by barcahooligan » 22 Jul 2008, 18:54

i watch it once in a while......Abby Wambach is from the same city as me so the soccer girls here make her out to be there idol and whatnot.......its shame that she wont be playing in the Olymipcs though.......
sig by 2brown347

Had2bHarry
Veteran Member

Post by Had2bHarry » 24 Jul 2008, 11:17

I love womens football (im a chick), it doesnt get shown much obviously, but whenever its on I always watch it. The team I watch of course, is the AustraliaNT aka. the Matildas.

I think theres alot of differing views of this, obviously we're all different and were raised in different places of the world and our views have been influenced differently.

I think there has definently been a skill rise in womens football. I've seen some very skillful young girls, and the current generation have admitted that the skill level of alot of these girls is far suprior to what theres was like at thier age. So in a way, you can see elements of the mens game coming into the womens game.

It definently does hurt your feelings if guys dont appreciate what women are fully capable of in football. I understand that guys are obviously better physically and tactically, but in the end, we're all players and we would like the decency to be treated like players of the same game.

I'm not saying that women should be given billions of dollars and stuff, but they really deserve a few decent proffessional leagues.

EDIT: I'm not sure about the whole "women should play in bikinis" though. IT IS sexist, but us chicks always hope that the dudes are gonna take thier shirts off as well, and there are plenty of girls who only watch football because of Cristiano Ronaldos "talent"
Sig by me

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

Post by Real_Zidane » 24 Jul 2008, 15:49

Had2bHarry wrote:I understand that guys are obviously better physically and tactically, but in the end, we're all players and we would like the decency to be treated like players of the same game.
Actually, I would disagree with that... Most of the pro men that play aren't the sharpest tool in the shed.

AmericanFutballer
Veteran Member

Post by AmericanFutballer » 24 Jul 2008, 21:34

arsenalfc08 wrote:News Flash Girls can play and are damn good.
They can play within their own leagues and perform wonderfully, but the style, technique, and overall tactics in women's leagues are different than mens. Whether this results in a positive way only time will time, but currently Girl teams cannot compete with guys teams. They may be equal skills wise, but the overall structure of a girls team cannot compete with a mens team of the similar level.

Obviously the physical side plays a huge role, guys just have the genetic advantage. But my team played the girls an age group above us who won state last year and we beat them, 3-0. This was my old team and we definitely were nowhere near winning state, but our style of play was just too much for them to handle, we had a tactical advantage.

Girls can play, and can be quite good, but to compare them to men's teams are foolish, guys just have a physical and tactical advantage. Women soccer can compete (and be quite enjoyable) within itself, but compare the #1 Girls team in the world against the #1 Guys team, there is a dramatic difference, and only time can bridge that gap.

Btw, i really can't wait to watch the Us Womens team this year in the olympic, i really like the players (not just because most of them are pretty :wink: )
Shut Up, I am Here...
- Goals
"The ability to succeed requires the realization of what one wants and the passionate desire to attain it."

Had2bHarry
Veteran Member

Post by Had2bHarry » 24 Jul 2008, 22:33

Yeah, I think the tactical side is much more recognisable than the physical side when comparing the two types.

In womens games sometimes they tend to have less possession, boot the ball aimlessly upfield and stuff like that.

However, Imm not saying that chicks arent capable of producing fine possession football. I've seen them do it before. Alot of the girls on my team are tactically extremely good, so its a positive sign, like AF said, time will tell.
Sig by me