CALLING ALL USA FANS

Talk about football in the AFC, CAF, CONCACAF, CONMEBOL and the rest of the World
chicagofirefan
Veteran Member

CALLING ALL USA FANS

Post by chicagofirefan » 22 Jun 2008, 03:17

sry i didnt know
Last edited by chicagofirefan on 23 Jun 2008, 02:06, edited 1 time in total.
Bulgaria is our faith, Levski is our Freedom

Nat_H
Veteran Member

Post by Nat_H » 08 Jun 2009, 02:15

Hey IDK what the point of this topic was but I'm turning it into a USA MNT topic. WOOT. But we sucked majorly vs. Costa Rica in the WC Qualifier. And I didnt see the victory over Honduras on Saturday. Anyone see it?

INTER1908
Veteran Member

Post by INTER1908 » 08 Jun 2009, 04:36

I saw it.. Pretty terrible... It amazes me that we will do so much right and then we screw it up in the end. Blow past 3 defenders only to send in a cross that is to nobody. Or make three tackles only to make a weak pass to get it stolen.. Also the amount of long balls we tried to play were ridiculous.
Made by 2Brown.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 08 Jun 2009, 23:23

i think football doest have that much giants anymore, USA got be 3-1 by CR, El salvador beat mex 2-1, USA could barely beat Honduras, Argentina lost 6-1 to bolivia, and could barely beat colombia! theres not that much difference between teams any more if you get what i mean!

INTER1908
Veteran Member

Post by INTER1908 » 09 Jun 2009, 01:27

panchester07 wrote:i think football doest have that much giants anymore, USA got be 3-1 by CR, El salvador beat mex 2-1, USA could barely beat Honduras, Argentina lost 6-1 to bolivia, and could barely beat colombia! theres not that much difference between teams any more if you get what i mean!
I'm gonna completely disagree. You only quoted one actually good team and that's Argentina. And it could possibly be a fluke that Argentina lost to Bolivia.
Made by 2Brown.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 09 Jun 2009, 02:36

well you right, football is a game of surprises, you never know whos gona win, and everygame is different, butt in concacaf! the so called giants are struggling, the underdogs are actually beating them or putting them to sweat like no other to beat them,

in europe, teams like Russia, Croatia, and Turkey, that were teams with not as much tradition are growing and beatinng teams like Netherlands and England,.

in south america teams like paraguay chile, venezuela, bolivia, teams that werent nearly as close to brazil or argentina, are givig them a tuff tuff battle... the last two i mentioned, where always last, and look at them now,there in the race! Brazil, a team that is knoown for their attack had ONE chance against Ecuador a few weeks back, 10 years ago if i asked you who will win, Argentina or Bolivia? Brazil or Ecuador? what would you say?

I have seen a lot of this lately so i just wanted to comment if any of you have noticed it,

tevezaholic
Veteran Member

Post by tevezaholic » 09 Jun 2009, 05:05

the argentines were tired,they were playing in the hottest heat that they prolly have ever felt in their life,it was desert heat,even tevez was tired,the argentine goalie was leaning on his post,u got to consider all those things but the fact alone that tevez was tired and had to be subbed,lets u know that it was alot to handle
JESUS IS LORD
Oh crap,missed me bus!!

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 » 09 Jun 2009, 11:39

tevezaholic wrote:the argentines were tired,they were playing in the hottest heat that they prolly have ever felt in their life,it was desert heat,even tevez was tired,the argentine goalie was leaning on his post,u got to consider all those things but the fact alone that tevez was tired and had to be subbed,lets u know that it was alot to handle
I still don't buy the "it was too hot" excuse. If your a professional player you should know and be able to adapt to any environment and be prepared. If you know its going to be hot then get a good nights sleep, drink a ton of water, eat foods high in potassium to prevent cramps, warmup and stretch properly before the game.

Its going to be hot in SA, so they better get used to it. Its extremely niave to think a team will play in nice enviornments and never have to play in hot or cold weather.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 09 Jun 2009, 15:58

tevezaholic wrote:the argentines were tired,they were playing in the hottest heat that they prolly have ever felt in their life,it was desert heat,even tevez was tired,the argentine goalie was leaning on his post,u got to consider all those things but the fact alone that tevez was tired and had to be subbed,lets u know that it was alot to handle
who told you that? they were i think 3000 feet above sea level, its not hot up there. They had less oxigen though.

and in S.A btw its gonna be winter when the World Cup is going on! Im going to go shopping for some warm clothe!

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 09 Jun 2009, 17:43

It'll actually be the perfect temperature in south africa during the world cup. I looked it up and it said that the average high in June and July is 63 and 64 degrees fahrenheit.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 09 Jun 2009, 21:23

DElicious!!

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 09 Jun 2009, 23:17

panchester07 wrote:DElicious!!
so are you going? If you are that's sweet. Make sure you take warm clothes for the night though. it'll go down into the mid 40's

INTER1908
Veteran Member

Post by INTER1908 » 10 Jun 2009, 00:40

arsenalfc08 wrote:
I still don't buy the "it was too hot" excuse. If your a professional player you should know and be able to adapt to any environment and be prepared. If you know its going to be hot then get a good nights sleep, drink a ton of water, eat foods high in potassium to prevent cramps, warmup and stretch properly before the game.

Its going to be hot in SA, so they better get used to it. Its extremely niave to think a team will play in nice enviornments and never have to play in hot or cold weather.
..I'm sure their trainers did all of the things you said. They are human being that weren't used to that high of heat. You can only prepare so much.
Made by 2Brown.

tevezaholic
Veteran Member

Post by tevezaholic » 10 Jun 2009, 01:39

exactly inter,just because their pros doesnt change the fact that they are human,but lets just get off that topic
JESUS IS LORD
Oh crap,missed me bus!!

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 » 10 Jun 2009, 03:17

soccer11 wrote:It'll actually be the perfect temperature in south africa during the world cup. I looked it up and it said that the average high in June and July is 63 and 64 degrees fahrenheit.
Nice. Not too hot or too cold, perfect footballing weather.

Anyone going to watch the Confederations cup? Should give some good insight into SA 2010 it starts on Monday. I want to say ESPN will be showing the games but i'm not 100% sure on that.