Mexico International new coach is Sven-Göran Eriksson?

Talk about football in the AFC, CAF, CONCACAF, CONMEBOL and the rest of the World
soccerdude510

Mexico International new coach is Sven-Göran Eriksson?

Post by soccerdude510 » 13 May 2008, 04:55

So I was passing by UNIVISION.COM and I read that Sven-Göran Eriksson and Mexico have came to an agreement? is this true? if so is he a good coach? Do you think he will better then Hugo Sanchez? :?: :!: :?: :!: :?:

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 13 May 2008, 18:57

hmm, i didn't see this. if this was true it'd be on the front page of yahoo soccer because it'd be pretty news worthy. i guess we'll wait and see

edit: i looked on setanta's website and it doesn't say that he's the new coach just that he's linked to it and the mexicans might make an offer to eriksson. this is far from being done and probably won't even happen.

Davidson9
Veteran Member

Post by Davidson9 » 13 May 2008, 20:02

from Goal.com

Eriksson only took charge at the Eastlands at the beginning of the current season, but he looks set to be replaced at the end of the campaign with Thai owner Thaksin Shinawatra becoming increasingly impatient for success.

The Swedish coach has been heavily linked with a third spell at Portuguese giants Benfica, but it seems that Mexico could be a more likely destination for him if a report on ESPN is to be believed.

ESPN's Mexican football expert José Ramón Fernández indicated that Eriksson has held discussions with the Mexican Football Federation over the vacant coaching position, suggesting that sixty year old is "ready to sign, and may have already done so."

If Fernández's statement is correct then it would bring to an end a month long search for a successor to the sacked Hugo Sanchez, a period of time in which a number of coaches, including Javier Aguirre, Jose Pekerman, Luiz Felipe Scolari and even Jose Mourinho, have been linked with the vacancy.

It would be Eriksson's second foray into international management after five years in charge of England from 2001-06 and his appointment would make him only the second manager from outside the Americas to take charge of the Mexican national team, following Bora Milutinović's two year spell in the mid-nineties.

casar22
Veteran Member

Post by casar22 » 13 May 2008, 20:56

right now theres a temporary coach: Chucho ramirez. Mexico tried to get scolari and failed. Right now theyre going either for Rijkaard or Dunga(we must be crazy, i dont think were going to get those coaches :D but still VIVA MEXICO!!)

Bienvenido Cristiano Ronaldo!

soccerdude510

Post by soccerdude510 » 13 May 2008, 22:40

yup i dont really care who the coach is big named like erickson or rijkard or no named mexico is a decent team but they will get along better with each other with some coaches like la volpe they did better then with hugo sanchez! so it does not really matter who the coach is aslong as the players get along have fun and dont start problems with the team as many teams club and internation go to waste like that