premier league/premier youth league in sydney?

Talk about football in the AFC, CAF, CONCACAF, CONMEBOL and the rest of the World
NEVERGIVINGUP

premier league/premier youth league in sydney?

Post by NEVERGIVINGUP » 07 May 2008, 08:32

so whats the deal, is this like semi-pro? ive heard its the next level down then playing a-league

Had2bHarry
Veteran Member

Re: premier league/premier youth league in sydney?

Post by Had2bHarry » 09 May 2008, 06:56

NEVERGIVINGUP wrote:so whats the deal, is this like semi-pro? ive heard its the next level down then playing a-league
Yeah, the A-league is the top division in Australia, but underneath that, the State leagues are the best, and those are played in the same format as in England. I strongly doubt the youth leagues in Sydney are pro. But it is definently possible to move up the ranks and play for the first senior team and get money. The only pro youth league is our new national youth league. Fortunatly ive watched enough Football stars of tommorow to know what its about

It depend where you live matey, which determines which clubs you should tryout for. You might need to travel a fair distance, which you might need to consider, because these clubs have fitness, gym sessions and training at least 3 times a week which you will need to attend. Also, to play in NSWPrem League, you probably need to be at least 17.

I would suggest you reasearch a team. The team which has produced top quality A-league, Socceroos, Olyroos, and even European & EPL players is Marconi Stallions. Too many players have come through the ranks there including Harry Kewell. If you're under 20, and a top player for Marconi, you're pretty much guaranteed to get snatched by the A-league

Other teams you should consider are Blacktown City demons, Manly, Wollongong, West Sydney, Bankstown, Sydney U, Sydney Olympic, APIA Leichdhart, MacArthur, Sutherland, and Penrith, all are top quality teams.

Once you decide which team/s you would like to play for, you should check the websites, and check for trials, and contact info. Most clubs offer tryouts. Though I doubt you will make it this year, as the season is well under way.

Thats pretty much everything I know about NSW prem football. I hope it helps in some sense.
Sig by me

Wanderer
Veteran Member

Post by Wanderer » 09 May 2008, 22:15

you talkin this h2bh?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A-League_N ... uth_League.I'm pretty sure it isn't pro, not even semi-pro, jz amaetuer..

Btw, from wat ya noe..hows the level in the national youth league compared to the semi-pro(i.e. Blacktown) over there?

NEVERGIVINGUP

Post by NEVERGIVINGUP » 14 May 2008, 05:43

thanks harry.

but id like to trial with 1 the closes to my area.

i live in hurstville, wat would be the closest 1 to me? and how long will it be from me?

truesocceroo
Veteran Member

Post by truesocceroo » 14 May 2008, 06:33

Theres a division one youth league team in hurstville, not sure of the name though. They might be needing players and if your really good they might sign you anyway. Go to footballnsw.com.au and go to competitions>club advertisements>youth trials and it will be there. Try and find a phone number and call them, they will probably let you train with them to trial you.

NEVERGIVINGUP

Post by NEVERGIVINGUP » 15 May 2008, 07:43

how good is premier youth league?

maverick88
New User

Post by maverick88 » 15 May 2008, 11:37

the premier youth league is the best league for 12 to 16 years in australia. it goes go to 18's but you should be playing first grade by then. i know this from my time in the premier youth league. ive played in england and the PYL and my honest opinion is that the overall standard of Europe's best junior players and Australia's is not that much different, until they get to about a touch before 15's because the coaches in england just know how to teach the game better, they have a better insight to the game because there are a lot ex players coaching in england and in australia the ex players that played NSL the old national aren't as knowledgeable as the coaches in england if you catch my drift. but you have to do the best your got, look at berbatov comes from bulgaria i dont know his history but bulgaria cant be the best enviroment for football (im not sure).

NEVERGIVINGUP

Post by NEVERGIVINGUP » 16 May 2008, 12:02

wat wud the coaches like from a winger?

maverick88
New User

Post by maverick88 » 16 May 2008, 14:03

NEVERGIVINGUP wrote:wat wud the coaches like from a winger?
it depends on so many different things. like what formation does your coach play, what kind of player you are, what your squad is like and who you are playing against. but generally you want to be positive running at players but not in the wrong areas. You want to be bombing into the box when crosses are coming from the opposite side (watch C.Ronaldo love him or hate him he is good at making late runs into the box latching onto crosses). If your team plays with a back 4 you have a bit of a license to get beyond defenders, getting in behind them. 1 thing that irritates me and coaches is when wide players cramp up the space of the left or right back depending on the side your playing, you want be high up the pitch, this way it gives your lift/right back more space and time with the ball this way you can try to get in behind you opposing defender, then if needed check back sharply to get the ball at your feet, you need to recognize if your left/right back is being shut down you need check back and give him an option to play the ball. you want to be staying wide depending on your coaches instructions give you and your team mates more space. when running at defenders be direct look at messi c.ronaldo they run at player with pace, it makes it hard for defenders as they are running backwards, you have momentum on your side, you also have the ability to change direction easier because you are running forward and the defender is running backwards. You want to put doubt into the defenders mind that when dribbling at him you have a enough momentum that he will only get one chance to make a tackle. practice crossing as this is a major part of your game you dont want to be hitting the first defender all the time but you don't want to be nocking it to the keeper or behind the goals to start with you might to pick area areas of the box to cross to like the penalty spot or even 1 or 2 yards attacking goal side of the penalty spot. to be able to deliver a god cross into the box really can either make or break you as a wide player look at beckham hes almost made career of just being able to cross the ball into decent areas very consistntly.

im have left a lot of things out but im tired, it's 1am and i goin to bed. this may help or you may find all B*ulls*hit, either way good luck and be confident with what you do.

truesocceroo
Veteran Member

Post by truesocceroo » 16 May 2008, 15:00

If you are going to trial i think maverick gave plenty of good detailed advice but what i can say that gets most people when they first try out for a rep team is the fitness. I know many people who play in the premier league and they are not that much more skillful than a good div1 player, its just that they are extremely fit and fast and they work very well as a team. Remember that at most of the trials the people who were originally on the team and retrialling will generaly pass to each other and not give anyone else much of a chance, you have to be very loud.

As a winger in prem league, unless you are extremely fast and are excellent dribbler and crosser, i suggest you trial as a different position, you can always change afterwards. I trialled as a winger and was no where near tall enough or fast enough i found, so i trialled as a CM and had more time on the ball where i wasnt sprinting to beat someone, i could pass and play better. Sometimes your natural position is filled by someone better than you, i dunno how good u are but just warning you, wingers in the premier league are often the best players from what i have seen.

NEVERGIVINGUP

Post by NEVERGIVINGUP » 17 May 2008, 00:25

thanks maveric and truesocceroo :)

btw, im a left footed left winger, will that give me a better chance? :P

Had2bHarry
Veteran Member

Post by Had2bHarry » 17 May 2008, 00:32

NEVERGIVINGUP wrote:thanks maveric and truesocceroo :)

btw, im a left footed left winger, will that give me a better chance? :P
Left footed players are players which coaches want so they can add balance to thier side, so yeah maybe. If you want to increase your chances you should also develop your right foot so you can do things like pass & shoot etc.
Sig by me

maverick88
New User

Post by maverick88 » 17 May 2008, 01:52

being gives you a bit of an advantage for sure, as already said it gives your coach the ability to balance the team out not having a right footed players playing on the left cutting in all the time or shanking crosses left and right with their left foot.
be positive and work hard

truesocceroo
Veteran Member

Post by truesocceroo » 17 May 2008, 03:21

Being left footed is a very good advantage but you must be good with both feet because coaches wont always notice. If your a left footed winger and can cross that is very good and coaches will like. Also being good at set pieces with your left foot can help, because it is easier for left footers to score from certain angles, and vice versa. When you are playing, try and take corners and free kicks whenever you get the chance, it is a good way to prove yourself, easier than open play.

ianthai123
Sophomore Member

Re: premier league/premier youth league in sydney?

Post by ianthai123 » 17 May 2008, 08:37

NEVERGIVINGUP wrote:so whats the deal, is this like semi-pro? ive heard its the next level down then playing a-league
New South Wales Premier League is the next step down.

| Ian Thai | #Desire #Dedication #Discipline