Thierry Henry to MLS

Talk about football in the AFC, CAF, CONCACAF, CONMEBOL and the rest of the World

Is it Possible?

Yes
64%
No
36%

Total votes: 14

Davidson9
Veteran Member

Thierry Henry to MLS

Post by Davidson9 » 11 Apr 2008, 02:52

There have been some rumors, even nodded by Titi himself, Seattle are interested, and with Paul Allen as there owner they can afford him. Joan Laporta has said he will only sell Henry for at least $31 million. RBNY have also been interested, and he has stated time and time again his love for New York, and the peace he experiences there (ironic), here is an interview with him talking about NY...

Q: The standard question these days for European stars is if they are thinking about coming to play soccer in the United States. So, are you?
A: I think everybody knows that I love America. I always say one day I can play over there, I would love to. It’s still early, but don’t get me wrong. I just love the U.S., I don’t know why.
I love the way you live. I love American sports. For me, a dream would to be able to go to training and then to be able to see game of football, basketball, whatever game. For me, it’s like a dream in New York. For me, it’s the best city in the world. I’ve been to New York 10 times. It’s a great town. For me it’s kind of nice being in New York. I do get some recognition, but not like in Europe. When I’m in America I can be myself, I have no eyes on me. If I want to stop and buy a slice of pizza, pay man and just sit on a bench I can do that. It’s difficult to do that in Europe. The cinema, I can go anytime in New York and watch a movie and nobody knows who I am. You don’t know how great it is.

Seattle are in advanced talks with him, but he has stated his preference for NY.

some more links

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... ge_id=1779

http://goalseattle.blogspot.com/2008/04 ... eping.html

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/soccer/357491_mls03.html

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/03/ ... rry-henry/

i will update with more links

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 11 Apr 2008, 03:08

I could die happy if Henry went to Seattle (because I could see every home game 8) ), but I don't see it happening, at least not for a few years. He might not be at his best at Barca but some bigger European club will pick him up. At this point I think he'd rather win a couple more trophy's in Europe.

John_Bob
Veteran Member

Post by John_Bob » 11 Apr 2008, 03:33

After hearing interviews with Seattle's ownership it is definitely possible for Henry to end up in Seattle. Although it is improbable that it will happen, I hope it does because I would be able to go see him play since I live a half hour from Seattle. I am actually really excited for Seattle to have a soccer team.

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 11 Apr 2008, 03:59

John_Bob wrote:After hearing interviews with Seattle's ownership it is definitely possible for Henry to end up in Seattle. Although it is improbable that it will happen, I hope it does because I would be able to go see him play since I live a half hour from Seattle. I am actually really excited for Seattle to have a soccer team.
I'm pissed they are, you a$$ h0le's beat out Portland, and Paul Allen is the owner WTF. Drew Carey is part owner as well, FYI. I'm still gonna go to every home game I can, but It'll be about 2-3 hours both ways. :oops:

tevezaholic
Veteran Member

Post by tevezaholic » 11 Apr 2008, 12:20

i think it is possible but i dont think it will happen....big clubs would want henry,big clubs that may offer more than what the mls would(least likely to happen,i think mls teams got some money)and plus henry probably likes to be in a more established league,in a couple of years mls will probably be one of the most established leagues,rumour has it that alot of soccer stars are considering the mls

btw,i voted no by mistake,on the laptop if u move your hand on the flat mouse tingy too hard it clicks
JESUS IS LORD
Oh crap,missed me bus!!

truesocceroo
Veteran Member

Post by truesocceroo » 11 Apr 2008, 12:22

if he moved to mls i would cry... not cause he plays for any of my fav teams or anything but he is a fantastic player who is highly respected by all, and it would be much more fitting for him to finish of back in france maybe or even 2nd div. Beckham was one thing, but Henry, i hope to god not.

Had2bHarry
Veteran Member

Post by Had2bHarry » 12 Apr 2008, 01:50

Its nice to see big stars like Becks end thier career trying to promote quality in developing leagues, I hope one of them comes to Australia one day :) I really cant see Henry playing in the MLS for at least another 4 years.
Sig by me

ForzaMilan
Veteran Member

Post by ForzaMilan » 12 Apr 2008, 04:00

truesocceroo wrote:if he moved to mls i would cry... not cause he plays for any of my fav teams or anything but he is a fantastic player who is highly respected by all, and it would be much more fitting for him to finish of back in france maybe or even 2nd div. Beckham was one thing, but Henry, i hope to god not.
So if you're respected then you shouldn't go to the MLS?

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Post by Rulezzz » 12 Apr 2008, 09:02

Cant see it, hes too good to play in the MLS. maybe when hes over 40 i suppose.
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 12 Apr 2008, 13:44

i don't think it's about skill really. of course he can go play for just about any team he wants but i think he just wants to lay low now. he's been in the spotlight for over a decade. maybe he just wants to relax.

truesocceroo
Veteran Member

Post by truesocceroo » 12 Apr 2008, 14:15

truesocceroo wrote:
if he moved to mls i would cry... not cause he plays for any of my fav teams or anything but he is a fantastic player who is highly respected by all, and it would be much more fitting for him to finish of back in france maybe or even 2nd div. Beckham was one thing, but Henry, i hope to god not.

Exactly, unless you have some sort of personal family reason that requires you to, you will lose alot of respect, like beckham.

keller8
Veteran Member

Post by keller8 » 12 Apr 2008, 22:46

Had2bHarry wrote:Its nice to see big stars like Becks end thier career trying to promote quality in developing leagues, I hope one of them comes to Australia one day :) I really cant see Henry playing in the MLS for at least another 4 years.
WORD! I hope we get like Ronaldinho or something here. That'd be so sweet.
Mattsta-"There would be no point in freestyle if we knew all the tricks from the start. The fact that we had to practise to get them pays off because in the end we have earnt it."

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 12 Apr 2008, 22:54

ForzaMilan wrote:
truesocceroo wrote:if he moved to mls i would cry... not cause he plays for any of my fav teams or anything but he is a fantastic player who is highly respected by all, and it would be much more fitting for him to finish of back in france maybe or even 2nd div. Beckham was one thing, but Henry, i hope to god not.
exactly. it means you can play in a better league

henry is still one of the best players in the world he could still play in a chapions league winning team before he ends up in the mls (which i think he will in the future but not in the near future)

barcahooligan
Veteran Member

Post by barcahooligan » 13 Apr 2008, 01:03

jeeezz.....the mls is becoming the stereotype for a league where all the "washed up" players should play out their final years...henry is definetly not their at all....
sig by 2brown347

Hugh
Veteran Member

Post by Hugh » 13 Apr 2008, 14:49

This is wishful thinking on the scale of "I hope that America will be out of Iraq within 2 years."