US vs Argentina

Talk about football in the AFC, CAF, CONCACAF, CONMEBOL and the rest of the World
Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Post by Croatianblood1 » 10 Jun 2008, 00:46

tevezaholic wrote:what was the score...who scored

Tevez is sorta being a butt...i dont know,but i would hate to believe that he is giving up all these argentina matches to be in manchester...can anyone tell me whats going on here?
It was 0-0 tie game. I didn't get a chance to see it but based on the result I assume both teams played well.

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

Post by Real_Zidane » 10 Jun 2008, 01:49

tevezaholic wrote:Tevez is sorta being a butt...i dont know,but i would hate to believe that he is giving up all these argentina matches to be in manchester...can anyone tell me whats going on here?
Nah dude, Tevez needs a well deserved break from football. It was an extremely long season for him and he gave it 100% all the time. That can take a lot out of you, especially at the pro level. It's only a friendly which practically means nothing unless you want caps.
Croatianblood1 wrote:It was 0-0 tie game. I didn't get a chance to see it but based on the result I assume both teams played well.
Yeah, both teams played pretty good. Both sides had really good chances and if I remember right Donovan or someone hit the post. He had a extremely good game coming back from injury and made the full 90 minutes.

Oh yeah, and Timmy Howard was absolutely sensational.

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 10 Jun 2008, 02:22

if anything tevez is being smart. there are some important qualifiers coming up and he's probably resting for that.

tjsokkerplayer

Post by tjsokkerplayer » 10 Jun 2008, 13:28

Croatianblood1 wrote:It was 0-0 tie game. I didn't get a chance to see it but based on the result I assume both teams played well.
Yeah, both teams played pretty good. Both sides had really good chances and if I remember right Donovan or someone hit the post. He had a extremely good game coming back from injury and made the full 90 minutes.

Oh yeah, and Timmy Howard was absolutely sensational.[/quote]

yeah howard saved our butts in the 1st half, but once we brought out edu and adu in the 2nd half we started to demolish them, with onweyu(hes the one) hitting the post on a corner and other chances happening for the usa, with only 1 shot for argentina in the 2nd half.....but once the ref gave a yellow cad to the wrong player which ended up giving masteroni his 2nd yellow and we lost all the fire in us...and we held out for a tie.........we mightve won if it wasnt for the ref, but again we couldve been demolished if it want for howard