USA to play at Wembley?

Talk about football in the AFC, CAF, CONCACAF, CONMEBOL and the rest of the World
ratherton
Veteran Member

I heard rumours a while ago and its been on the news today that negociations are at an advanced stage for a friendly match between England and the USA at Wembley on Wednesday March 28th.

Expect to see Beckham to gain his 100th cap.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

that game will just be one big publicity stunt
im sure fabio will be raging

ratherton
Veteran Member

Yup and apparently, they are going to play in Trinidad and Tobago a few days after that. They've got some celebration and we are going there in return for Jack Warner's votes when it comes to hosting the 2018 Word Cup.

What a nightmare.....

J
Admin

ratherton wrote:I heard rumours a while ago and its been on the news today that negociations are at an advanced stage for a friendly match between England and the USA at Wembley on Wednesday March 28th.

I heard it was going to be in May, when the England was going to play Scotland. I heard that fell through, so the U.S was going to replace Scotland for that game?

Although I haven't checked up on it in a while..

And also, the Galaxy have their season opener on the 29th of March, so I would be suprised to see Beckham playing for England in a friendly on the 28th.

BGbeast23
Veteran Member

J wrote:
ratherton wrote:I heard rumours a while ago and its been on the news today that negociations are at an advanced stage for a friendly match between England and the USA at Wembley on Wednesday March 28th.

I heard it was going to be in May, when the England was going to play Scotland. I heard that fell through, so the U.S was going to replace Scotland for that game?

Although I haven't checked up on it in a while..

And also, the Galaxy have their season opener on the 29th of March, so I would be suprised to see Beckham playing for England in a friendly on the 28th.
Or Donovan for that matter...

ratherton
Veteran Member

Oops, I meant May, not March. Sorry about that.

Carry on....

J
Admin

Well, whether it's a publicity stunt or not, Capello certainly won't want to lose to the U.S at Wembley.. :lol:

ForzaMilan
Veteran Member

J wrote:Well, whether it's a publicity stunt or not, Capello certainly won't want to lose to the U.S at Wembley.. :lol:
That would be the ultimate disappointment for England haha, I couldn't think of anything more embarassing.

Well if the game doesn't happen we can just just say that England are to scared to face the wrath of the USA... :wink:

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

ForzaMilan wrote:
J wrote:Well, whether it's a publicity stunt or not, Capello certainly won't want to lose to the U.S at Wembley.. :lol:
That would be the ultimate disappointment for England haha, I couldn't think of anything more embarassing.

Well if the game doesn't happen we can just just say that England are to scared to face the wrath of the USA... :wink:
i wouldnt be surprised.. they were afraid to play scotland although thats understandable as we would hammer england right now :wink:

ForzaMilan
Veteran Member

ScottyBoy wrote:
ForzaMilan wrote:

i wouldnt be surprised.. they were afraid to play scotland although thats understandable as we would hammer england right now :wink:
Based on Scotland's Euro 2008 performance I would expect them to beat England. They don't have McLiesh(or who ever Birmingham's manager is)anymore so I don't know how that would effect them but they probably would beat England.

ratherton
Veteran Member

ScottyBoy wrote:
ForzaMilan wrote:

Strange, I thought it was former Ipswich legend George Burley who pulled the plug on the game.

thisisdard
Veteran Member

Beckham to get his 100th cap. Fine by me. The greater question is this however: "What sport will these two national teams play?"

Ladies and gentlemen this is by far, a very essential question. For one, it would be quite unfair if the Americans on one side ran down the pitch with helmets and oversized chest armor.

barcahooligan
Veteran Member

After training with Arsenal and on his Asia tour with the Galazxy, i actually think that Beckham will be more then just a "show" player and should really do well for England when he gets his 100th cap...
sig by 2brown347

thisisdard
Veteran Member

barcahooligan wrote:After training with Arsenal and on his Asia tour with the Galazxy, i actually think that Beckham will be more then just a "show" player and should really do well for England when he gets his 100th cap...

Yup, he's most definitely going to replace Tom Brady's job.

ratherton
Veteran Member

Who is Tom Brady?