African Cup of Nations 2008

Talk about football in the AFC, CAF, CONCACAF, CONMEBOL and the rest of the World
shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 25 Jan 2008, 15:11

man the egypt vs cameroon game was such a disappointment for cameroon. I am not gonna lie, apart from eto'o and alex song, they all played like sh*t. Egypt easily ran over them. That Zidan fellow had two nice goals. He is a pretty good player, fast too.

torresgoal
New User

Post by torresgoal » 26 Jan 2008, 02:46

hurm...0-0 for mali and nigeria?

this will create an early easy route for Drogba n co,they can use 2nd choice player to play the last match :?
Torres Goal | The ultimate Fernando Torres fan site
http://torresgoal.com

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Post by Rulezzz » 26 Jan 2008, 10:26

Yea and Ivory Coast demolished Benin 4-0. But Ivory Coast wont leave out Drogba, hes just getting back to match fitness, he scored a nice goal yesterday, but he still has work to do, they will want to keep him match fit. Also i dont think Nigeria would be too happy if they fielded a weaker team vs Mali :P
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

Post by *~El Maestro~* » 26 Jan 2008, 19:31

what about wolof and all those languages?
Loll wolof is the major traditional language in senegal. I dont think u will find any zambians speaking wolof. Anyways, most people in african countries speak their traditional language and either french/english/portuguese depending on who colonized them. Some speak several traditional languages and then they speak fresh or english or whatever. However, some people who grew up in the boondocks only speak their traditional language. Just wanted to clarify that.

torresgoal
New User

Post by torresgoal » 28 Jan 2008, 14:01

hey hey...this evening it's moroco-ghana

i think this would be a very good good match to watch...but i don't have satelite dish in my room tough...can't afford it :(
Torres Goal | The ultimate Fernando Torres fan site
http://torresgoal.com

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Post by Rulezzz » 28 Jan 2008, 14:54

torresgoal wrote:hey hey...this evening it's moroco-ghana

i think this would be a very good good match to watch...but i don't have satelite dish in my room tough...can't afford it :(
That should be an interesting match tonight, If Ghana get a point of course they qualify, i dont think it would be good for the tournament if the home team were knocked out so early.

Also Henri Kasperczak has resigned as Senegal coach already! Despite the poor performances they still have a chance of going through.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 213372.stm
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Post by Rulezzz » 04 Feb 2008, 10:39

So quarter finals round up:

Ghana 2-1 Nigeria
Ivory Coast 5-0 Guinea

I watched both games, really entertaining, i loved watching the ivory coast they really are free scoring and they do look by far the best team in this competition, if they dont win it ill eat my hat.

As for Ghana it was fantastic to see them win, you want to see the home team doing well, the crowd were fantastic and so were the team after Mensah got sent off, to perform the way they did and Junior Agogo of Nottingham Forest to score the winner was fantastic to see.

But of course two more quarter finals today:

Egypt vs Angola
Tunisia vs Cameroon

Really looking forward to both games tonight, this tournament is getting interesting now!
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 04 Feb 2008, 23:45

What do you guys think of this, http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... 88&cc=5901

I thnk it's fair, if he didn't wanna show up then he shouldn't of gotten the award, which he didn't.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 05 Feb 2008, 01:02

goddamn, Cameroon against host nation Ghana. Its going to be a very difficult game for Cameroon but hopefully they pull it off

Ivory Coast should end up in the final, they look much too strong to be stopped even if it is reigning champs Egypt.

This way it will be toure and eto'o in the final. Genius.

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Post by Rulezzz » 05 Feb 2008, 10:43

shahensha wrote:goddamn, Cameroon against host nation Ghana. Its going to be a very difficult game for Cameroon but hopefully they pull it off

Ivory Coast should end up in the final, they look much too strong to be stopped even if it is reigning champs Egypt.

This way it will be toure and eto'o in the final. Genius.
I cant see Cameroon beating Ghana, they fail to impress me really, i mean Eto'O is genius but they really dont look like a great team, even Ghana dont have a great strike force, i think Ghana with the home support will beat cameroon. Ivory Coast Egypt will be a very tight game, egypt in my opinion are the second best team in this tournament, but i think the best will beat them.
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

Post by *~El Maestro~* » 05 Feb 2008, 18:35

2brown347 wrote:What do you guys think of this, http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... 88&cc=5901

I thnk it's fair, if he didn't wanna show up then he shouldn't of gotten the award, which he didn't.
You gotta know all sides of the story. What happened was that Ivory Coast's team rules prevent individual players leaving and going off wherever. They all stay together as a team throughout the whole tournament. Drogba is captain so he has to lead by example. The president of the CAF told drogba's manager that drogba had won the award, and wanted Drogba to be there to recieve it so that the sponsor could be seen with Drogba. However Drogba politely refused and said that he had to stay in Ghana in order to focus on the quarter final which was in less than two days. He offered to have his agent or wife represent him at the awards ceremony, but Issa Hayatou the Caf president got angry. Its all politics. So he said that if Drogba didnt show up Kanoute would recieve the award. Its foolish that they organize this at the same time as the ACN in two different nations.

tefaz77
New User

egpyt wins the tournamnet

Post by tefaz77 » 13 Feb 2008, 13:06

Egypt has crushed Ivory Coast's 4-1 and destroyed the cammeron team 1-0 winning the tournament. the final was so awsome, abou-trika made fabiolus game, and mohamed zidane, i belive will be the next zidane :D

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Re: egpyt wins the tournamnet

Post by Rulezzz » 13 Feb 2008, 15:38

tefaz77 wrote:Egypt has crushed Ivory Coast's 4-1 and destroyed the cammeron team 1-0 winning the tournament. the final was so awsome, abou-trika made fabiolus game, and mohamed zidane, i belive will be the next zidane :D
mohammed zidan seems like a good player i must admit, but i wouldnt go that far lol. I thought the semi final games were both very good, but i thought the final was appauling, besides that goal which was brilliant play from zidan and abou trika to score. Egypt have now won the thing 6 times! I thought it was a very good tournament though, lots of goals, i thought the egypt ivory coast games was one of the best games ive seen, egypt throughly deserved the trophy, Ivory Coast played brilliantly up until the semi final when they just fell to pieces, but overall congrats Egypt! :D
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 13 Feb 2008, 15:58

nah man i believe egypt got lucky against ivory coast. Ivory coast just attacked and attacked. At the start of the game I was sure Ivory coast was going to win seeing as how they pressured the defence so much. They had many chances to score but couldnt find the spark. Egypt got the early lead with two lucky goals.

The later stages of that game got disgusting though, players falling back and forth as if somebody took a bazooka to their ass. Plain dirty. I couldnt bear to watch.

The Final was prolly the worst game out of the tournament. The game for third place was much better. What a reversal of predictions. Ridiculous

cameroonworks
New User

cameroon in south africa 2010

Post by cameroonworks » 31 May 2010, 06:00

go Cameroon indomitabel lions, allez les lions